This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,818 reviews
122,429 films • 18,484 TV series

Moderator deleting comments??? (1152 views, 53 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Whoever the hell has been deleting my comments needs to nut up and send me a heads up as to who and why... or better yet lets just hash it out here for everyone to see.

And don't give me that bullsh*t about insulting users, I was pretty god damn insulted when I was told I would spend an eternity in hell for eating cheeseburgers and it's still up.

+7

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey Wait, what? Someone actually wrote that you would spend an eternity in hell for eating cheeseburgers? Wow.

Talk about off topic. :O

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey Thank you

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey Howdy Capt'n stopped in to agree wholeheartedly, Full time comm-mods and one comprehensive rulebook for all. It's time yes.
[SPOILER] smileyDon't be shy. smiley

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Yes we delete off topic comments and it's replies if we believe they are worth deleting.

+1

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Well no sh*t... it certainly didn't delete itself. I'm going to try to be as polite as I can with you because I seriously doubt it was you and because you're the big dog and you deserve our respect for all that you've done. But I replied on topic to an already off topic comment that insulted and condemned billions of people for doing what almost every living thing does. Was it a bit extreme? Probably, but I'm an extreme personality. What I can tell you is I was getting thumb ups so it was probably a good and/or funny reply. But apparently I hurt someones feels... again... and it sucks they can just anonymously sh*t in my mouth whenever they want just because they believe I'm worth silencing.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@captainhowdey But again, I mean no offense to you. If it was you I'll stfu and go sit in the corner. But if it's one of those new douche canoo's that call themselves a mod grinding an axe I would at least like to know who's sh*t tastes like tofu.

+7

@captainhowdey Sorry if we've hijacked your thread, but there are similarities here....

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Is there anyway you could make different options when reporting a comment? Right now it just says report as spam but shouldn't there be other reasons, such as - offensive, off topic etc.?

+8

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks Spoiler without using the tag correctly would be another reason also.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks Excellent suggestion. Inflammatory comments are not spam, but deserve being reported.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Still waiting for a reply Dr. regarding a comment and my reply. Who decides what is insulting? And why would someone ask to delete their own comment?

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Excellent, keep up the great work. I have seen and read some very terrible comments this weekend. One that sticks out was something bad like"

"I will eat every meat and roast your dead baby too"

something along those lines... these comments should be deleted 100% so thank you for doing that as it is no longer there.

I do see a lot of other terrible comments remain but I understand it's a lot of work to parent members that behave worse than children.

What about spoilers in comments? I usually just block the members but if I report them, will that help?

I never use that report option as it's not just confusing but I can't be bothered. If it helps though, I will utilize it.

It's also unclear who I am supposed to address issue with - Mods or Admin (you?)??

Whenever I come to a Mod about something other than links, they tell me to message you.
Read more

+5

master
Report comment
(5y)

Some crap a few days ago should have been deleted, stupid people acting like they can call people hard rude names and nothing happens.Whenyou can get someone to call you names they have already lost the battle but it goes on & on & on and on. I will not ever let those three wenches get the better of me. I don't have to use name calling.

+11

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 Damn, I must've missed that!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks On me about everything from drinking cows milk to my Trump heel. I thinks some of these people are off the proverbial rocker.

+10

Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 Ah, yes I can guess who that must have been then. She's always making those comments and like TragicMouse said I don't see why that is tolerated and why her comments aren't removed. Preaching to people about eating meat and drinking milk, saying we are all going to hell and we are murderers and crap like that. It's bullcrap.

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks Always hard to deal with that one perfect entity.

+5

@fortunate1 I actually saw that, I don't for the life of me understand why that stuff is tolerated at all....

+8

Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 I've had this happen to me with the whole childish name calling and having labels put on me by a group of members. The report button helped and a user was banned as it a TOS violation. I was asked to provide screenshots as well which helped my report. It was actually pretty bad what these members were doing. The things they were posting were insane. Call it trolling, bullying or whatever suits it but some of it still exists. The rest I have screenshots saved as a Mod recommended me to do. The odd thing is these members are the same ones who claim they never do name calling and are against trolls, bullies, hateful posts etc. Yet they have done all of these exact things while claiming others are the culprits. Some even went so far as to send messages to other members asking to falsely report. Even after BLOCKING them, they still continue to log out and back in to reply AT me and have sent messages to members on my friend list...
Read more

master

I've been called my share of names but it seems some are exempt from being arse holes....

+7

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 When you get them that mad sweetie you won just smile.

+6

@fortunate1 Yes, that's a very good way of looking at it, thnx :)

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 Wow, I must've won the lotto. I got called a b***h and a troll, among other things and all I did was comment that two films were not two separate releases of the same film. And not even to the person who decided to call me names. It's a weird, wacky world out there.

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@ How dare you have an opinion of your own.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 It's not even an opinion, it was according to IMDB, they were two films, not one. I was attempting to be helpful, but apparently someone got the wrong end of the stick and DECIDED it was an insult to them. LOL

It takes ALL kinds. Apparently someone is now downvoting all the expression from Scotland, England and Ireland thread.

I think they need a life.

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@ I think they need a doubletap.

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I remember the reply about eating cheeseburgers. Then thought, I must be in real trouble coz I'm more carnivore than herbi. I eat all meats and sometimes, not even cooked. As for dairy, mmm, yumm. I do like tomatoes, enough to grow my own. Even throw in the occasional spinach leaf, but that's mostly as I like the colour.

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

This is why sites with comm's need dedicated Communication Moderators - with 1 rule book for all.

It might also be useful to collapse replies on movie/tv comments, so you have to physically click 'read more' to see all the responses. Then people at least have the option of bypassing the bickering as well as not having to scroll like a maniac to get to the next useful review.

I know a few other sites that had/have 'Spoiler' threads in the forum - where users can report folk whom constantly post spoilers.

+10

Hide 17 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Also thought about read more feature.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil What about an option in "Settings" to "Disable Comments" or "Enable Comments" ? So the user can have that choice for themselves and will solve a lot of issues that you or mods have to deal with personally ie - reports, messages, complaints etc.

Just an idea.

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A You can ignore comments :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil The option to "Hide Comments" ;) like we can hide news and such.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A You can configure your adblock plugin to hide any html block.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil but then it hides things I want to see and not all members know how to do that.

Why not have the option to Hide Comments? it's the easiest way for members to avoid spoilers. Ignoring comments is just silly. I check comments to find new shows/movies and also to read reviews but not to read spoilers. I am not the only one having this issue.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I don't understand how it can help to avoid spoilers. Just report that comment.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil After asking a member to please use spoilers, and getting a rude reply back...I reported that member's comments that were actual spoilers but nothing was done. I was told they were not spoilers but fact was , they were.

Since then I just have not bothered reporting them after that experience..

but since you have recommended I do, I will from now on.

Hopefully the result is different.

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A We improved reporting now you can add a reason.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thank you for all of your replies and everything you do to make this site great. Much appreciated ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thank you oh Evil One smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil That is fantastic news. And seeing you are here could you please look into my request regarding a deleted comment and reply? I don't believe there was any spoiler, spam or insulting language used in my reply. I have been requesting this for 2 days and now that the Forum Topic is about deleting comments of a person you seem to have a lot of time for judging by the communication here. And there is another forum topic called PRESS which might be useful improve the image of the site. Thank you for listening

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Maybe - Enter At Your Own Risk is more appropriate for some lol

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale That does sound perfect for this time of year with Halloween approaching lol but I prefer your above original reply ;)

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Yes. I have also seen this "Spoiler" thread on other sites which is awesome and works well. Also the option for profanity that helps avoid trolls and offensive, insulting, argumentative comments that I find useless ...

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@~BitchPudding~ very cool

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

smiley *sings that MJ song* smiley

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

to the fan

master
Report comment
(5y)

& people wonder why I'm no longer a moderator. This place has gone downhill fast. and it's all because its been given free reign to these asshats.
'Evils loophole' allows it. He knows what I'm talking about. Not going to mention what it is as I don't want more using it as they already abuse the **** out of it. This place used to be a peaceful place for everyone to come to hang out and watch things and talk story. Then certain people came here and were given free reign from this loophole. Others already here joined them.. I had tried to get rid of them, I tried to warn Evil about them and all I got for it was a ban, and silenced and then my mod status removed so I have left the community as I see what goes on behind the curtains. I come back here and there to see what's up, and every time I do, it's even worse here... Noone wanted to listen to me, no one wanted to heed my warnings. And now look at all the bs and issues here on the site. I warned you Evil, yes I did... ...
Read more

+10

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams This your post illustrates why you're not a moderator anymore.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil because I've always spoken my mind and told the truth. & you hate that.
And you seem to forget I was quitting. I only stayed because people begged me to stay a mod as I was the only one doing anything. smiley

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Melted~Dreams I have noticed the bandwagon that certain members join but not sure what this loophole is you speak of. I also noticed from old comments that many of the issues have been on here for years - as in the older members were still stirring the pot, provoking, trolling, etc in the comments and they still do now. Even after they've been blocked , reported... they continue to ruin this site for others. I know plenty of people who came here after the other site went down and then left due to the pure negative vibes from others (older members) and never returned. I almost left but then the block feature was updated so I don't have to see these annoying , hateful members that seem to rule over this site as a group. Some real creeps on here that get away with a lot.

As for the comment you made about moderators, I am still unsure what the difference is on this site between mods and admins... what their duties are or who to message about what. I have asked multiple times but still have no received a reply. My problem is when I ask a Moderator for help with anything aside from links, I am told to message dr.evil but his profile is clear not to do that as I understand how busy he must be. I am use to Mods that deal with user issues, not just linking stuff. And I don't blame mods... I am just not sure on this site who does what and who to ask.message when I need help.
Read more

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,818 reviews • 122,429 films • 18,484 TV series