This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Links and TwoMovies future (1866 views, 70 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(5y)

You know that TwoMovies is often being labeled as a pirate site. A lot of people like such types of sites but this is a real problem for us, for owners. We can't move forward the site. Why? A lot of problems in a lot of aspects. Every time we update the site I'm in a little depression because I understand that some day this site will be dead. Because companies who own movies don't like such pirates sites. Now even linking to pirated stuff being considered as pirating. I'm also not a child and I understand that all illegal stuff is not OK. Imagine yourself on the place of a movie producer.

Another problem that this niche now is really saturated with low quality websites. Clones, sites with just players.

So, what's the value of TwoMovies without links? Is there any value at all?
What do you think about the problem?

+9

Hide 13 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I can actually identify with this dilema.

I had a streaming site from 2006-2014. It was off the radar and I will not mention the name.

I had to close it down because it's difficult to find someone with enough skill and time to run the back end IT part of it.

For anyone reading this, there is a lot more to this site than links and such. There are a lot of backups and security, etc.

Also, finding reliable moderators and my partners' time and life situations (there were 3 of us that were "Admin", as we were all in different parts of the world.

Back then you were also a lot more heavily dependent on actual "Uploaders" to take a fancy to your site and begin "seeding" it with quality uploads. I used to upload, back then.

The software is also money, as are the server(s), and like this site, we didn't charge our members (like Two-Movies doesn't), and it was waaaayyyy before Cryptocurrency.
Read more

+9

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil To be blunt, without movie links, TwoMovies is dead. It's incredibly difficult to rebrand the site as a news/entertainment/social networking portal.

That said, as long as you can keep your anonymity secure and there are willing webhosts, then Two-Movies will continue to live on for the immediate future.

However, the advent and mass adoption of streaming technology have increasingly reduced the subscription cost of streaming. In addition, many smaller streaming companies have begun to develop relationships with ISP and mobile operators to deliver subsidized content. In about a decade, maybe two, the traditional TV model will end and all shows will be streamed to homes at competitive rates. The cinema concept will probably be dead then as well (even now, Netflix and Amazon's VOD models are doing really well financially)

By then, online aggregator websites like Two-Movies will be pushed out of the market.

Report comment
(5y)

@Couch_Potato Finding current links IMO should be easy. I know of at least 3 other sites that have current links for a lot of movies (Not TV), it just takes someone to download a torrent or go copy the link from somewhere else and add it?

Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 I don't understand what you're talking about?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Couch_Potato You said to be blunt, without movie links, TwoMovies is dead. I gave you the solution to that statement.

Piracy will never die completely.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 I was responding to Dr. Evil's questions, i.e.,

>>So, what's the value of TwoMovies without links? Is there any value at all?
What do you think about the problem?

We're not talking about piracy.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Couch_Potato We're obviously talking about piracy because that's lets call it 95% and be generous online at any given time are here for. Streaming a movie for free, is indeed piracy, same for TV.

If you remove that aspect you're left nothing because the site itself is not a well established presence on the internet and with a domain like twomovies .name it really wouldn't be able to compete on an SEO level with anything but an exact search. So without rebranding the site, keeping up with links, and establishing a legitimate forum community that wouldn't mind the links going bye bye you're left with 0 profitable options.

Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 No, we're not talking about piracy specifically. I was answering a question raised by Dr. Evil, specifically on the future of Two-movies "without links", and the scenario that would entail such an event.

You're talking about finding links, adding links from Torrent, etc.

Please open another thread about piracy if you would like to have a discussion about it. I didn't respond to Dr. Evil's question to talk about piracy with you. Sorry.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Couch_Potato Boy, I'm not that drunk. You said this exact thing.

!

Couch_Potato
(25 min ago)
@💊Dr.Evil💊 To be blunt, without movie links, TwoMovies is dead. It's incredibly difficult to rebrand the site as a news/entertainment/social networking portal.

To which I commented about adding links.

Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 "Boy"? You're coming across like a real jerk, buddy.

Yes, I said that. Which, as I have explained, was an answer to a hypothetical question from Dr. Evil about a future scenario about Two-Movie's viability "without links".

His question was not, "where can I get links" or "will piracy be present in the future", or "how to get links from torrents"?

Either you have language comprehension issues, or you are just trolling at this point. Either way, I don't care.

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

I do see a lot of sites that are simple redirects to gosh knows what. I feel for you as an owner. Every update must feel like a risk. Maybe there could be some ways to help hide us as a community. Sad to suggest this one first but maybe taking movies out of the name would help along with just not putting movies in search feeds attached. Word of mouth has always been a great tool. Those of us that are members could and would invite trusted friends here. Visitors well, let them be surprised to find a movie section. I don't know what else to say. It is a monumental problem that will get worse. On the other hand your understanding of pirate law is to be commended. My thoughts tend more to the forty plus dollars for two people to watch a movie have a small drink and popcorn is beyond all but a few peoples budget. Priced themselves out of a huge market of people with greed. Low quality websites for sure there is a plethora, some risky to computers. I would be at a loss as to what to do half a day if I din't have this little home to come to. ...
Read more

+6

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@fortunate1 Unfortunately hiding a site will not work. And the new warrants they are talking about do not even have to name a site, they would be valid for every link found. I admin a large Cisco forum and some guys are talking about plans to bury badly offending sites using BGP blackholes rather than try shutting them down (All traffic to the sites would just disappear into a bit bin).

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@DogsLife I don't know anything about running a website. just throwing out ideas as one of the devoted several.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Those are some good suggestions, Fortunate1. smiley

I must sat that as green as I am at technology/computers and such.... I have been around. I have seen a lot sites that offer to redirect. Most of them, like about 97% of them are after something. Always trying some new formula to cheat it's users...

What I have never seen is the devotion shown by both staff and members to a site like this. The constancy of the amazingly high count on the Users online says it all.

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

As far as links go. Isn't there some way of reaching an agreement with certain ones that your site has shown such devotion to for example Openload. Can they tell that/when it is your site redirecting to them? Do they have any way of keeping record of that information?

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 As Dr.E said, the problem is that they will make the link sites legally responsible as well as the host sites. Every offending link could equal a fine. If you are out of easy jurisdiction then they bury your site.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

Seems to me like the easy solution is simply hosting the website outside the U.S. in particularly uncooperative nations. There's no international law that states they have to abide with U.S. Copyright / Piracy laws.

Then you still have the issue of your identity, but again if you make it hard enough, they more than likely won't go through the legal hassle of shutting a relatively small website or arresting you.

Servers are relatively expensive though.

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 We already do that. The problem is not about hosting.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Just move to the dark web. ;) LOL

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 There is already talk about using BGP to blackhole large offending sites that are out of jurisdiction :( The site would still exist but your traffic would never reach them.

Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 They don't have enough room in the jails now. They're not going to arrest people for copy write infringement. They can come after you and slap a major fine though. They can also shut you down.

Too bad they don't go after pedophiles with the same gusto. I guess there's not enough money for them to be made in doing that instead.

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 @Nihilus

All 176 signatory countries of the Berne Convention broadly abides to U.S. copyright laws and vice versa. Obviously, reporting, enforcement, and the court process vary between nations.

Just wanted to make this clear to other readers.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Couch_Potato There's a few that don't, and there's more that won't outright comply to a request, and there's those special few at any given where you may grab a dedicated server with certain companies and they'll let you do whatever the hell you want. All you had to was use fake information and the typical steps to browse anonymously. So even if someone went through the trouble to fine/arrest you there's nothing there to go on.

At least that's how it was almost 10 years ago. I haven't looked into any of that now but I imagine it's still the same because nothing in the that aspect has changed. Except the price of bitcoin.

Report comment
(5y)

@Nihilus🍺 As I've said, the enforcement and reporting varies, but the majority of countries abide by an international copyright standard.

Obviously, they will usually only go for large targets, not single users. Heck, a few months ago, one factory in Chinese was targeted because they were apparently the major producer of materials of illegal decoder boxes.

master
Report comment
(5y)

I think TwoMovies has a lot of value besides links. The links aren't the ONLY reason I visit this site BUT they are the MAIN reason. This conversation makes me sad. You just have to outsmart them Dr. E and I hope you can. smiley

+8

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks I don't have enough $. Even Kim Dotcom failed lol.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Like I suggested in past threads/posts, why not add a "Donation" option to this site?

You'd be surprised by how many people will donate. Not just the members who are signed up but people who come here to use the site links etc.

Even a minimal donation by a few adds up vs $0 ;)

With all the dedicated members you already have that LOVE this site, I am sure will donate easily to help keep it going. Lots of sites have this - it takes a community ;)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A id add donation 2 as I love this site and would be sad if it disappeared,i love the forums chat and people I talk 2

Report comment
(5y)

@veebee29 Indeed. I especially love the good members on here who engage in mature conversations and are genuinely friendly. Most do not participate in the forums due to a group of troll-bullies or have left this site and gone elsewhere because of the nonsense. Other than that, it's a great site to be part of. Still no donation option though ;)

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I would gladly be a paying member of 2movies. Maybe thats something you can look into

master

Although I don't understand the important details, I do know that this site is much more than just movies for me, and for many others as well. I'd be lost without it. I truly hope that there is a solution to the problems that eventually may make it that we lose my (and others) second home.

+9

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 I 2nd that 👍👍👍👍 for me this site at first i only came on to watch stuff until i started to get to know other users have a laugh on chat some debates on forum pages and stuff , but now this site is actually my social media site and i would really be lost if it was to get shut down 😱😢😢😢😢

+7

@chaseyerself Yep, so true, how could I live without you and the other people I've known for almost three years... just unthinkable.... smiley smiley smiley

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself Hear, Hear

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I have been here 8 years and I have had the best of times using this site. Thank you everyone who has made this possible. I personally would not use the site without movies or shows. I honestly do not pay much mind to anything else here.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@speciesamused 8 years, insane. So you remember how ugly the site used to be.

+5

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I have been here for all of 5 seconds and have poked my nose in a few places. I think this is a wonderful place - something for everyone even if you weren't looking for it. I enjoy the games that I discovered recently and the banter is A+. I don't connect with chat nor news offerings but I can see people are passionate about things so that can't be a bad thing. Above all I value the recommendations and insights into this form of art which has helped me in many ways and left me confused in other ways. How can so many sane people like what I would consider bad movies? But I am trying to listen to their reasons and some day well...someday. Is there a way of raising money on the site by setting up an advert that we could click on each time we watch a film. But a 2M ad controlled by 2M. I am no expert but this feels like a good product that is doing a good job.

+5

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Ah, I miss ye olde Picasa days..

I feel yer pain. Having been a part of similar sites that suffered the same fate, I was super pleased to find this site a few years ago. Movie studios just have too big a $$ punch to outrun. Granted, although I rarely watch new releases here, it's nice to have them so well categorized. That said, let's face it..you guys aren't the only game in town, so to speak. Also, I would think they'd shut down the hosting sites first. There's just so many other ways and sites to handle, how big of a priority is here? Kodi, Firesticks, M3u etc, etc, not to mention at least a dozen other sites I can think of off the top of my head walking the same tightrope. This one is the best organized and easiest to use so, kudos to you Sir. However this plays out, Good luck.

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ NOOOOOOO!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley I love this site so much!!

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ Never give up!

+1

senior guru

Well I wouldn't know anything about how to run a website, specially one that may not be legal! You bad boy lol but I know this much, it took me along time to find this site! When I go to watch some movies and they have a links from 6 years ago, I'm like awwww why didn't I know you then! Once I did find this site I was in love! And not just because there are movie links to just about every movie you can think of, but because of the community, people that are here, have a passion for movies as much as I do. There may be sites like this, but I don't know of them and well I feel a little but special for finding this site! I just want to thank you for all your hard work, I don't know you, but I admire you for what you do. I also appreciate you for not tolerating any crap on here, it makes me feel like I can have a say and be protected at the same time, as long as I'm following the rules to, which I agree with. You don't get that sort of hospitality and protection any where on the big wide web. ...
Read more

+5

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Made very good friends here, now will lose them all smiley

+5

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Флеркен No :) You will not

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil not unless the amazing mr evil himself starts up a new 2movies site 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔. with a new site name ?

+1

God

I won't pretend to know everything on this issue, the legality, piracy, etc., But I was surprised that TM wanted members to promote the site so much, even giving members unique links makING it easier to do so, aimply because in the past many sites were shut down from too many people doing spreading the word and it also getting to the wrong people. I just assumed things had changed in that area as far as sites like this one, but apparently not. Even though I've become friends with a couple fantastic people, the main reason for using TM was and still is the movies. I'd say my use is about 90% movies 10% everything else.. Without the movies I'd probably still occassionally use the site, but it would be way less and eventually get to about once every week or 2 and that would only be to check my inbox. but the more I used TM, the less I used FB. Minus my FB friends, TM pretty much had all I I definitely wouldn't be a happy camper, but what can ya do??It never fails. ...
Read more

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I thought the same thing as Momof3angels about the promoting of the site. Maybe keeping the site smaller with less users would keep you under the radar? Idk just throwing an idea out there.

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Http is becoming obsolete as far as distributing unlawful content. Unless you can strike a deal with a country that tolerates the theft of Western copyrighted content to host your site, then you're an easy target. In the old days, lack of knowledge kept LEA away from most web sites, but now they're catching up. TOR was useful for a while, but it's been compromised.

NNTP still has a strong community of "sharers", but with fewer and fewer ISP's hosting Usenet servers, it's come down to a few pay for access companies(Giganews, etc.) to host and they're in the same danger as Web companies from court orders.

VPN's are fairly safe, but LEA/CIA is hard at work to crack them. Just like they did with TOR. Still your best bet at this point for the user. That doesn't help the web hoster though.

Alternate transfer protocols will need to be established in order to avoid public scrutiny. Also, keeping a protocol from the public's knowledge is a key element. 80% of the Web is unlisted, or Dark. That means that search engines can't see them. You have to have been given the address in order to even know that it exists. However, that only works for a small group of people. Too much traffic and you're exposed.
Read more

+3

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

I'm fairly new here. I've used dozens of similar sites in the past and have never come across the detail and care that is put into this site! I don't go toIMDb anymore since they shut down their message boards and this fills that need for me, I've gotten wonderful recommendations off this site!

I just want you guys to know that if you had to add more advertisements or have a membership where you pay a monthly (or even 6 month one lump sum or one full year fee upfront) fee I'd be more than happy to contribute!

I'm afraid of saying why else I love this site....(I'm sure everyone knows why) but I want you guys to know you are doing a terrific job and we appreciate all your hard work! ❤️😎👍

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Girlmichael Thank you. Thinking about bitcoin donations.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Gives another reason to get into bitcoin! 😊 (It is one of two currencies/payment methods my kratom supplier will take anymore.)

God
Report comment
(5y)

Get in bed with

and advertise for them. smiley

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Well it could always be a place for people to discuss tv, movies and life like they do now. But without doubt this a one of the best websites and I've shown many many people this site. I use this site ( have done for many years ) along with Netflix. For me personally I don't deal bad for watching movies hear as I own over 3000 movies and shows and will buy anything I've enjoyed on hear. They get my money . I hope the future is bright for this site. I understand the issues and work involved and most users appreciate it. X

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Two Movies without links would be fairly pointless given that's what its main purpose is.

How about hosting the actual links on another domain and just have a 'Links' button that opens a new tab with links for a given episode (or even an iframe?..). That way if the links site is taken down you can change the domain for it and Two Movies itself will have a degree of separation from the links to protect it.

Maybe link shortening services could also play a part - surely the DCMA can't cover links to links to links?.. If so the whole web would collapse

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Lemming Thank you very much. Yes your ideas about different domain's are reasonable but then I'm thinking about torrent sites which actually don't host any content. And they are still under radar.

Report comment
(5y)

I may think there's a purpose to a twomovies without links, but as a website (not attempting to discourage or be mean here) there wouldn't be much as you'd probably lose about 90% +/- of your userbase.
As for solutions (which I understand wasn't entirely part of the question so forgive me for going a bit off topic here) the way I see it there are three decent ones that could at least help for now.

1. Make this a membership site (which will still probably lose about 70% of the users realistically, but it would help and keep the most dedicated around while helping to provide such a service.
2. A donation option. This won't provide a long term answer honestly and still won't provide the fees to stand against corporate producers and/or government entitities that will eventually crack down on sites, but it's a start and many more will be happy to help (and in the event of an 'emergency' you really might raise the fees you needed if it was a choice.
Read more

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@BlackDerg666 Thank you very much for your post. What do you think about bitcoin donation? Not so many users use bitcoin in my opinion.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I find bitcoin a hassle, personally.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil The fees on bitcoin are a little high right now (so it would cut into received amounts) but it is the easiest to set up, unregulated enough to offer some anonymity for those that want it as well...
I'd personally recommend just not limiting yourselves to one source, list a few possibilities that way people can donate in the way that is easiest/most convenient for them. But I also don't know (based on where you are) how easy it would be to set up any other method or what might be restricted based on the type of site, something that wouldn't be affected by bitcoin because that is peer to peer with no middleman.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series