This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,772 reviews
122,421 films • 18,482 TV series

Let TM Users CHOOSE Their own "Best" Posts (1082 views, 58 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

It seems a bit presumptuous to tell TM viewers which News articles posted on anysubj.com are "Best". 300,000+ viewers don't need to be TOLD which are 'best'. They should be able to decide which are 'best' in their own opinions by clicking on the titles listed that interest them most.

A more equitable method of assessing the real interest level for articles posted on anysubj.com would be just listing "New posts" and letting the TM users decide which are most interesting (i.e., 'best') to THEM. Track the clicks if desired to indicate popularity. People will get to see a VARIETY of articles to click to read, and maybe even start participating more. If after reading they want to upvote, fine, but with this method, an open list of Newest posts with no particular mindset or category overriding others, the list will be more varied and interesting to a wider group of TM users.
No particular category will dominate this way, or be overridden by BS upvoting that minimizes exposure of non-political topics and thus gives ALL types of posts a chance to be seen equally.
Read more

+4

God
Report comment
(4y)

Drive-by upvoting* smiley The post up voted most or the ones (obviously) that people like the most. Try posting interesting stuff (and maybe avoid posting #Fakenews stories). smiley And remember i have up voted some of your post. smiley

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 I for sure agree on "not" posting fake news stories, they are just pointless and a waste of time.

+6

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 I'm glad you enjoyed some of my posts.
I post things that MIGHT be of interest to others who have political views other than rightwing but they never get to see them. Your gang starts random posting to bury them and get them off screen. smiley
It's not that it's not obvious...lol

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ThomasinaPaine So why aren't " all your friends " (aka same political views) up voting your post then?

A)Because there is a lot more people that lean to the Right (aka hard working/low income people etc) then the Left (aka people that just scream ballcocks all the time).

P.s. I up voted another post of your's (she smiley thinking was it a drive by up vote accident smiley).

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ThomasinaPaine "Gang" is the perfect word to use.

+2

guru
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Personally I'd be happy if they removed the applet altogether so we don't have to be reminded that cesspool troll farm even exists. What a waste of good bandwidth.

+11

Hide 12 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox How should we promote the site then? You have better ideas?

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Don't. It's a failed experiment taken over by right-wing extremists who jostle for silly points and a place on a top ten list.

+8

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@PriscillaParadox Extremists smiley you still have time to go full hysterical and add racists and Nazis before the thread is closed...

Oddly enough when you wrote that, 6 days ago, I'd never heard a single user over there or here even mention the top ten postrr list other than this threads author and now you yourself...once again it comes over that because you cant control its content then you want to constantly complain and destroy it. Baring in mind that you and this posts authors constant moaning of content was the reason that a separation had to be brought about in the first place.

Love,

A nazi, right wing cross burning KKK extremist aka someone with a differing opinion to you.

Report comment
(4y)

@MarkRowley Oh my gosh, you sad, sorry little stink bomb. How about you lick my yeasty taint?

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@PriscillaParadox Oh my word, such a potty mouth from a 'woman' whose public hysterics would even leave Sherlock Holmes to conclude that your arms must resemble a bar code smiley

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@PriscillaParadox Mark Rowley is the personification of yeasty taint...
Before he showed up on here we almost had a semblance of civil discourse. Now it's just a re-assembled gang of thugs who needed a new leader, run by yet another middleschool calibre bully.
Maybe Doc ought to see how many people have NOT logged on since this sh*thead joined...again.
It's not MR's first rodeo here, he slid right in being a wee bit too comfortable at it. I think Doc knows it ...but won't break up the howlers because the show they put on as they fling their own dung at the visitors to this zoo and pick fleas off each other amuses him.

Report comment
(4y)

@ThomasinaPaine THat does not surprise me at all. How sat it must be to be him.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Maybe something to do with movies? You’re not exactly attracting a huge and dedicated movie-watching crowd with the hateful rhetoric that gets pumped out. I won’t recommend the site now. I am afraid someone will be mortified and sickened and report the site and it’ll be gone, so I keep it to myself. I really love the movies and shows, but that “news” area is just bad news. It’ll be the downfall of the site before any issue over movie links ever comes along and causes a problem. I just wish you could see that.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ditzygypsy If you go check out the pages here of some of the worst offenders, you'll find that they don't even come here to 2M much to watch movies all that much anymore. Their time is spent mostly spewing absurd right-wing vitriol over on the new site. Why are they even here at all?

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox I don’t know. It’s very disheartening. I’m a peacemaker, but even I sometimes succumb to being fed up and wanting to scream at the silly-makers to make all the nonsense stop. Then I feel badly that I got short with someone. Not good for my blood pressure. So I go away from the site for stretches of time. I know I am not the only member who does that. How is that good for the site to grow?

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ditzygypsy I understand. I don't believe my anger (on display especially here because I can usually control the triggers in the other areas of my life quite well) is not healthy, either. I have tried to let it go, but when you're constantly shown the horrible, horrible, stupid and obviously false rhetoric these people try to pass off as important topics for discussion it is so darn hard to keep it in. That makes me asad.

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox Perhaps that is the true objective of the site: rightwing propaganda on display 24/7, subliminal hacking at people's subconscious. Who knows?
Perhaps to try to establish a new paradigm, that crude, vicious, slandering and verbal violence salted heavily with lies is the new norm, as trump has done with his kool-ade slurping core of misfits.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Let's be honest, the other side has some nuggets of bright, interesting and educational articles but unfortunately the sheer size of the organised political uploading and commentary brings down the overall attractiveness of @nysubj.com.

It seems to be a "cut and paste" magnet from a sizeable portion of the right/extreme right wing media. Would it not be easier to post the whole paper at a certain time of the day and then the converted could backslap to their hearts desire.

Promotion of the site should be based on the originality of the content, which is lacking or swamped, and not on the condensation of the few media that the "top ten uploaders" are addicted to.

It is not the quantity of the uploads that will differ the site from others, but the quality and variety of the content.

Not all the cream rises to the top, but some does ... TOP UPVOTED UPLOADS IN LAST 30 DAYS

Read more

+5

master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

I see from the screen the choice on TM is still pure right-wingnut extremist propaganda.

So nothing we say matters anyway. That was the objective all along.

SMDH smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+2

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ThomasinaPaine extremist propaganda* smiley Proof? Still posting old debunked " HATE on your President " stories?

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@PureVodka🍺 I'm still chuckling at her claim she proof checks her rants, days after posting how her President Trump was a child rapist and had Epstein murdrred smiley smiley smiley

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 He’s not my leader, but, when my stomach is strong and my mood is invincibly uplifted, I just read his nasty little tweets and there’s nothing to debunk. He digs his own giant hole, lol.

Report comment
(4y)

@ditzygypsy The only hole i see he has dug, is a walkover to wining the 2020 election. smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 Well some people like a***oles. Personally, I have a severe aversion to them. smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 Where should I start? If any of you knew the law or the Constitution you would be posting 90% less, having to eliminate the propaganda of (example) trump and Fools shrieking the House is conducting an 'illegal' impeachment investigation,(NOT--read the freaking document) that they MUST call for a floor vote (NOT---read the document)
EVERY thing Muller cited as obstruction IS and WAS, according to the definition of law (LOOK IT UP)
and those are just off the cuff proofs. But. the thing that holds the whole clump of Trumps together is pure laziness. It's easier to bobblehead than to check for yourself.

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

As a UK native I've never had any interest in the news links posted on this site. I couldn't care less about the bizarre American mainstream media outlets, with their warped partisan tribalism and complete lack of journalism. Seeing events in the UK distorted and re-imagined to try score political points in the reports really is embarrassing at times.

I don't understand what the admins here are trying to do with these news concepts. Surely people can upload links to news shows just like other shows and post youtube conspiratorial nonsense in the forum for discussion? Why was there even a news widget with user submitted spam in the first place?

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Lemming then just hide it

master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Predictable...original poster starts to fall out of top ten poster list so as always decides to kick and scream about how things should be changed to suit her.

Let's get to the core of her argument...can we not ban anybody who disagrees with her politics please? It doesn't matter if her political views are in the minority because it isn't fair on her.

Much love 🥰

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

I see that the press hounds have got bored with their play pen, and have decided to do some sniffing around here.

It must get boring though, having to trawl through all those "news stories" of the fellow converted and upvote everything that is uploaded by them, all the time.

I suppose they will be taking it in turns with their sporadic Defence of the Realm tactics just like their uploading organisational skills.

Yawn ... carry on if you must, for the good of Queenie and Blighty and DT and Nigel and Boris and ...

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. That made me giggle, thank you. I needed that this morning. smiley

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox Happy to oblige Jade ... Sparky Marky must really have got his knickers in a twist because he has blocked me AGAIN (in both places now). He and PV are probably sh*tting themselves over the Brexit vote in the House of Commons tomorrow, and have run out of people to squabble with on the other side.

Talk about boorish, right winger from England!

I find if you ignore them they usually get lost up their own arses and wouldn't find their way out with a floodlight.

+2

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@..box.. "Sporadic Defence of the Realm tactics"

LOL WELL PUT! smiley smiley 'Realm' as in Lord of the Rings or as in Lord of the Flies?
Since most of their posts 'don't pass the smell test,' [as daddy Fred Trump said when Trumpet tried to grab control of the old boy's estate] I'm thinking the latter is the better metaphor. smiley

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@ThomasinaPaine I'm posting this notice above MARKIE-POO's so someone can run and tell him I answered him (and I mean that name literally lol)
Odd...the notice on here says you blocked me little Markie smiley Please, keep doing that...
10 pics in a row that won't upload pics when others posting behind me have no problem.? I suspect at least one of your sort might know how to manage that. A couple of the admins/mods on here are clearly in the rightwingnut pew smiley so who knows? America is finding out daily, there is nothing beneath a trumper. But I've found workarounds for things that have become problematic. smiley

As I said, this site was so much more pleasant before you oozed into it. My computer [i]has
actually done some very odd things since you flopped on here...
But perhaps it's just recoiling from the bilge you trail behind you, as most of us do.

master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Oh dear here comes another screeching conspiracy theorist smiley did it ever enter your feeble mind that perhaps news to the right is more prominent on this sister site because...DUH DUH DUUUUHHHH...the majority of active members are to the right? You want to see the mentality of this posts author? Go see her reactions when images won't post temporarily, so she hysterically screams that it is the admins and moderators doing it to silence her ffs...she pulls that stunt with alarming regularity. Oddly enough if you dont like a site where the MAJORITY dont share your political views and you can't force your will on them then either grow up and accept it or DON'T USE THE SITE.

Still, this coming from someone who blocked me then unblocked me to have a hissy fit because I had the nerve to post items on a site for any subjects (the clue is in the title hunny bunny), then got precious when I blocked him smiley keep on posting how Sinn Fein are a principled party and have no links to the IRA. It just about sums up your morals. I condemn violence, you support it just as your two fellow hysterical screechers in this post do.
Read more

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

There is news on here? The posts I see upvoted by the same few with tons of free time on their hands is about as much real news as you can find in the National Enquirer I see sitting on the shelves at the checkout. I’ve never bought one. But I am aware that some people read that stuff.

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ditzygypsy tons of free time on their hands* I bet you there is a LOT more working Trump supporters compared to the Trump HATERS. smiley

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 Could’ve fooled me. I can barely find the time to post one story a month. And I’m freaking retired.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ditzygypsy You look in very good health for a retired person.

+1

admin
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

You all have Hide posts option which actually hides the widget.

On anysubj.com you may join communities you like, and completely ignore politics.

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil A shame it doesn't work that way, though. Ah well, our fault.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox Please explain

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Hide posts* But that is not good enough for this " minority " of windge bags, aka if we don't like it, why should you have it attitude!

Has I've said before on the other site, 98% of media is MSM (tailored to the Left).

+3

admin
Report comment
(4y)

For those who can't stand the "news widget" - consider this as an advertisement. We must promote the new site somehow.

+2

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Dr.Evil A more balanced presentation---as in my suggestion to eliminate the drive-by upvoting so all sides and all topics get exposure on the 'front page'--- is far more effective advertising than a site that appears so rightwing extreme because of the setup. You're only appealing to about 30% of the folks in the political spectrum, if that, anymore.

Moreover, all new posts should be listed on TM and/or anysubj as "Latest Posts" without having to have a comment or upvote posted to them.

And again..."best" according to whom? Trump? Presentation is limited and heavily biased as the driveby upvote system in play now translates into silly kiddies games.

I worked in advertising a couple of decades. I learned the ropes. It ain't rocket science.
Yours is a business. Appeal should be broad and balanced.

Report comment
(4y)

@ThomasinaPaine Actually we rotate posts selection: best, new, commented. Try refreshing the page several times.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Well ya got a glitch or two there. A couple of days ago the 'BEST' posted a list of the same extremist posts for over 8 hours --no change.

Report comment
(4y)

@ThomasinaPaine because users upvoted them, we rank them by number of votes

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil No mater what you do, it will always be the same.

+5

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@PureVodka🍺 So this ^^^

As we've seen with anything from TC it's not enough or it's a conspiracy by the site owners/admins to thwart her. Go see her wall and I'm sure a post is still there where she is accusing the site of deliberately oppressing her because one anti-Trump photo wont load but another will. Doesnt matter if the picture is too big...its a deliberate ploy to turn everyone into a right wing cross burning extremist. That isn't an isolated incident either.

Until she becomes a mod/admin and gets to remove any post and member that is not to her taste then you'll still get these weekly hysterics, conspiracy theories and complaints.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 OMG it's TRUMPERY as a child!!! My he's gained a ton of weight but still has the same attitude... smiley smiley smiley

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Dr.Evil so...in essence, with your site design, you WANT to pander to the rightwing!
Well....I'm just....stunned at that completely unexpected revelation. smiley

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@ThomasinaPaine Fuckin hell sh*t doesn't change here, 6 months later and you're still whining because Trump is your president an d everyone who disagrees with you is a nazi, all we have ever heard from you is

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@RandomOne Nice to see you back bud and yes so true. smiley

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Can I finally add to the usual three in this thread b**ching, moaning and blocking people then throwing toys when they lose their power because the other person blocks them back...if...IF...these posts on the other site are extremist in nature, racist and the other childish crap that you keep spewing out...REPORT THEM OR STFU IF THEY ARE THAT BAD!

As for the news feed, like the chat box it can be hidden from view. It's a simple procedure that even a so-called goose stepping extremist KKK member such as myself with a disabled son and who voted for left wing leaning Labour at the last UK general election can manage.

Christ it's so hard to type with one hand whilst the other is doing a nazi salute isn't it?

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@MarkRowley My arm's aching!!...
From waving smiley
How do Mark, nice to see you're still telling it how it is bud smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,772 reviews • 122,421 films • 18,482 TV series