expert
Report comment
(5y)

Heee's back

+5

expert
Report comment
(5y)

It’s really truly happening: Patrick Stewart has been cast in a new Star Trek series. <br> Stewart will reprise his iconic character, Jean-Luc Picard, for a CBS All Access series that “will tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life.” <br> Stewart himself just announced the news in a surprise appearance at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention. <br> “I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.” <br> twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/10... <br>

+5

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@raymondb5 Great news!!! Thanks, I had no idea. Looking forward to see this new serie.

God
Report comment
(5y)

There have only been two Star Trek Captains. Kirk, and Picard.

+3

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Yes! Can't wait for it. Picard was the best captain hands down.

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

nr.1 Picard smiley nr.2 Janeway smiley nr.3 Kirk smiley nr.4 Sisko smiley nr.5 Archer , I still watch Startrek TNG and Voyager and yes even DS9 on TV. , have them all and put them on a harddisk hanging on a usb on the TV smiley . Together with all the Stargate shows , Battlestar shows , Falling skies shows and many more. Can't go to sleep with atleast a few eps. of some of the best syfy ever made. I can't wait on the return of Picard smiley Engage… Oh and Picard still see 3 lights I think smiley

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Fightin' words bondojoe! But I'll let it slide if we accept Sisko as a Star Trek captain of the Defiant (and DS-9), rather than the Enterprise. Aside from the coolness factor, he had Emissary swagger & fanboy love for Kirk ("Trials & Tribble-ations") smiley <br> <br> For the love of Spock, please amend "Jon" to "Jean" smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@wolfeather11 yes calling the captain Jon is a bit irritating :)

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Well, here we go again. Once more we are reminded that there are no more good screenwriters in Hollywood. There's nobody left that can produce anything original -- it's all rehash and remake old shows, old movies, and old scripts. After the last Star Trek franchise turned out such a disaster, taking another chance on the Picard character must seem logical to a group of board room members somewhere. The remaining question is: Since they stupidly remade "Lost in Space" last year, where is the remake of "My Favorite Martian"?

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater The easy route, the constant reboot.

Report comment
(5y)

@LesStrater I actually enjoyed the lost in space reboot. Helped block out the disgraceful movie

+1

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Yes the movie o well I did not know he spelled like Jean I thought he spelled like Jon Bon Jovi not like the pants, but he does have a French name and speaks oxford English, but what do I know. My Favorite Martian was done in a movie Christopher Lloyd played you guessed it the martian.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@raymondb5 The original My Favorite Martian is available on YouTube. I just watched the very first 2 episodes to see if I remembered them.

expert
Report comment
(5y)

I watched the reruns as a kid I do also remember a gem, My mother the car

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,912 reviews • 122,486 films • 18,490 TV series