This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,394 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Honest Reviews and Reviewers. Why bother faking it? (931 views, 45 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

Copying and pasting reviews/comments are becoming the norm? Today I noticed a number of comments and on investigation found them to be plagiarised.

I read the comments to find out the members' opinions and not a copy/pasted text in a quest to gain points and come across as some cinema intellegensia.

A few examples of what I am talking about ...

+4

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

Perhaps Administration could have a word?

+8

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@..box.. Yup. Administration WILL have a word. Thanks for the heads up smiley

+4

Report comment
(2y)

@JudgeDredd Maybe a word with this member also JD?

+3

Report comment
(2y)

@..box.. I notified the Doc. We will see how he wants to play this.

+2

Report comment
(2y)
+3

Report comment
(2y)

@..box.. Just report those

+2

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

I noticed that poster's stuff before, and stopped reading it.
There are some regular contributors who write interesting reviews and have introduced us to amazing movies, thanks guys (and guy-esses).
Maybe I will get back into it again.

+8

Hide 12 replies...
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@Buttless There are some great reviewers (you included) that have opened my eyes to gems that I would never have considered watching normally.

You should get back to work Butt with your reviews - the site members need to hear your views in order to make informed choices.

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@..box.. Hi Box, maybe I will, we watched some good movies recently. Saw Patton (over 2 nights, long movie), that's worth seeing.

+3

Report comment
(2y)

@Buttless I love your reviews as well💋💋

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 Thanks Teeny, I lost interest some time ago with a-holes making sh*tty comments, but just posted 3 and jumped to #1 !
We have a hundred or so in the 'seen bin' so might dribble them in.

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@Buttless I know what you mean. I've had my fair share of arguments and hateful comments but just ignore them. I think that bothers them more when you ignore them. Still glad your reviewing again💋💋

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 I do reviews not for points but as practice for my english rofl

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Nasos That works keep it up💋💋

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 We both saw Rushed and had different opinions about it, that's what its all about. I read your comments regularly.
Cheers! (virtual beer).

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@Buttless you should be reporting that stuff

Report comment
(2y)

@Dr.Evil Just glance at the reviews each day, some make sense and some don't but a few posters cut'n'paste stuff from others or off the internet. Can't understand why, silly really.

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Buttless points maybe

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Dr.Evil There. I have not reviewed recently so did some catching up; 3 reviews and I'm number one!

+2

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

smiley

+2

God
Report comment
(2y)

I only read reviews from people I trust. 💋💋

+6

senior guru
Report comment
(2y)

I was surprised because I received a friend request from said member before all these reviews and threads appeared. I started out responding to forum threads but found my responses being completely ignored and although I have not unfriend this member, I have stopped reading their posts.

I trust yours Teeny. :D

+5

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@michael59 Well thank you I really appreciate that💋💋

+1

admin
Report comment
(2y)

Please report those comments

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@Dr.Evil I leave this evidence and the names of the posters in your team's capable hands.

There are plenty more that could be investigated so it shouldn't too difficult to discover the plagiarism. Just look in their history and google them.

+2

guru
Report comment
(2y)

I just thought since copying movie trailers and reposting them here were ok that the same could be said about movie reviews, sorry if i stepped on anyone's toes

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@jezhead A movie trailer is just an ad for the film and evidently wasn't created by the person who posts it. There is no reward for this.

A comment/review is however a personal statement on the movie that you have seen that you share with the site. It is an opportunity to give your opinion on what you have seen and recommend it or not to the rest of the members of dosmovies.

And for that effort you are rewarded with points.

+4

Report comment
(2y)

@..box.. ok no problem, will just stick to trailers then. My apologies once again

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@jezhead You just didn't read rules, and honestly it's stupid to copy reviews.

+3

Report comment
(2y)

@Dr.Evil Agreed, won't happen again

+4

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

Dr. Donna (Buttman, are you trans??) says Fake It.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

He`s still at it with the posts, he must have a stiffy for the leaderboard thing ( which means nothing)

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Stickmanuk If you suspect any plagarised comments Stickman, then the best thing is to report the comment and the Admin team can follow up.

Shocking news that this type of activity continues. smiley

Report comment
(2y)

@Stickmanuk What are you talking about still at it? I haven't posted any reviews since! I post trailers and such yes but not reviews anymore. Show me

guru
Report comment
(2y)

What about nonsense reviews?

"This movie I would watch again so she did not get on my nerves I would watch again and this lady did not get on my nerves the woman was ok and it was about will watch maybe in future"

smiley smiley smiley
Just curious...

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@CollideDuhScope smiley smiley smiley

I have come across quite a few in this area but as they are "honestly original" there isn't much to be done. At least you get the message even though it could be clearer and less repetitive.

+3

Report comment
(2y)

@..box.. To be more precise one should find and follow the chronological timeline of the comments. For example perhaps one review in this site changes and leads the "opinions" in the comments in other sites, more famous for their reviews let's say. So i report that i seen that too for which i don't also bother to think about or make a fuss out of it. I also seen that a verbal fight that also started here, on a movie commentary section, have forced already setup hateful comments in other site's commentary section hehhe. I also found and noticed possible connections of this kind for which i also don't give a penny. Getting a section of comments clear of fights and stupidity , administered by TOS from a "hateful little man" Judge like JD, does the work for me. Overthinking over it would be obsessive behavior for me to do so. If one speaks some lang more than English will find many wars to get involved in the reviews of films around the Globe and get obsessed with... ...
Read more

Report comment
(2y)

@Nasos Some comments can cause quite a stir among the passionate movie fans on dossmovies and "cooling off" periods are best enforced in order to get back to the real reasons we are all here - enjoying movies and books and series and games and chatting and so on and so forth.

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@..box.. True @

+1

top expert
Report comment
(2y)

smiley smiley smiley
oh boy. Must have been a sale on bath salts this week.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

smiley smiley smiley

In the immortal words of a well known patriot "I'm loving it." Marge.

The cooling of period for you hasn't managed to get the word RACISM correctly defined in your dictionary. You are even managing to confuse it with the word PLAGARISE.

Another interesting quote from your good self "if people want to f****** copy and paste who cares"

Well if YOU CARE to take a look at the TOS of dosmovies.com, you may find that the Administration of the site really DOES CARE.

The place has been so dull since you've been on sabattical leave helping the Qanon conspiracy theorists. smiley smiley smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,394 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series