This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,709 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

End of Support for Windows 7 (January 2020) (1235 views, 16 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I just found out that next January, Microsoft will no longer support Windows 7 updates etc. I personally like Windows 7, I tried Win 10, and hated it. So far Win 7 has been my favorite ......Anyhow, after Microsoft no longer supports it, does anyone know if you can still run it? Will anti viruses still work. Other than animation programs I really am not into anything technical having to do with computers.

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

By support, they mean they will no longer actively fix/patch bugs, or if you have a problem with Win7, they won't help you solve it. The OS will still run just fine, it just won't get anything new added to it.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown Its almost like they are forcing people to go with 10, and there are more people (that I know of anyhow,) that like 7 better than 10..

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I knew this was coming;do they still support 8?is 8 any good?Can you still use most websites with 7?WHY Gates wants to really KILL THE PC with ten,I just don't understand--maybe he thinks he's already got all our money,so "PCS BE DAMNED"--I bet the rotter owns Apples in his place!Some day in the far future alien archaeologists will go thru our garbage,and think"these people were as primitive as chimps!!"--cuz we use "chimpanzee-software"!sh*t.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I have no problem with any websites using Win 7... I had more problems with 10, so I went back to 7.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

God
Report comment
(5y)

Thank you for the update. I'm certain a lot of members will appreciate it. :)

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Here is the article I read
www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsf...

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Win8 is a joke. Another flop like Vista. It was supposed to be the ONE OS to rule them all, but failed miserably. They wanted an OS that ran phones, tablets, and pcs, instead of having different ones.

Win10 runs fine, but has forced updates. Meaning it will update itself when it wants and screw you. You no longer have control of the OS, as MS can change it at any time. There are ways to get around this, and I plan on using them when I do eventually update.

This is the new reality of software today. Companies want it to be seen as a "service" instead of as a "product". Which means they can change the terms and way it operates at any time.

Imagine if a company was able to come into your home and change the way your stove works, AFTER you bought it. That day is coming.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown But now your stove can be a laser light show!!!

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Yes, Thank You for the update! I've been expecting micosoft to have win7 go the way of XP. If I need a program now it's called an "App", on win10. I,personally hate that. AAAHHhhhh well. I will stick with Win7,at least for now.

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Heck I still run XP and it works just fine (finding a browser was the hard part).

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Unless they remove access to existing security updates for older versions of Windows, they cannot actually force anyone to ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶g̶r̶a̶d̶e̶ I mean upgrade to Win10.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

oh great,, now I'm crying,,, I hated windows 10 and I also went back to windows 7 after writing them a very long complaint about how invasive Oracle products were,, they just install themselves even after I denied them..
I HATE WINDOWS 10 and ORACLE..

master
Report comment
(5y)

Also, our public library with their dozen computers also went back to windows 7 because of the complications... the public library hated windows 10 also...

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

this is the problem with it all.. I hate Oracle invasion
www.oracle.com/index.html

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

RIP Win7, Anyone currently using Debian 9x? smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,709 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series