Don't Breathe 2 (243 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(2y)

guru
Report comment
(2y)

I think people are making their minds up based on the trailer alone (what else is new? Lol). I’d say at least wait for reviews before assuming the film is ‘going easy’ on a rapist.

I get media is trying to condition everyone to jump at the word ‘rapist’ and assume anyone accused of being one is guilty, but one, it’s a movie, and two, even the trailer is self aware of how the audience currently perceives the Blind Man from the first film. I’d be willing to bet they’re going to play with those expectations somehow, instead of just turning him into a ‘hero’.

guru
Report comment
(2y)

It's always interesting to see how far people will push their moral code in the name of art. I like this character, in the same vein as vampires and werewolves; Joker or any other dreadfully flawed scumbag. If that's part of the character then so be it. The literary world is full of rape, murder etc. by the hands of "protagonists", but I still read on. I understand someone not wanting to watch this movie or spend their cash promoting such obvious degeneracy, and I can't fault them either, because if there is pedophilia attached to any project then I'm out.

guru
Report comment
(2y)

And people are allowed to dislike certain subjects. The car with this movie is that it seems heavy focused on a character who did heinous things. The previous films director said he's an anti-villian. That at least implies there's a sense of redemption. Or a direction away from being evil. Again, that's kind of messed up considering his actions from before.

guru
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,657 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series