This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,657 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

Creepshow 2019💋 (1010 views, 18 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(4y)

I cannot wait for this! I am so excited they decided to make a new series from one of my favorite horror anthologies from my childhood. I even still have the graphic novel of creepshow that my dad your me years ago. As far as I know this series is filming now and is going to be released on AMC's Shudder channel.
Teeny💋

+4

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Creepshow reminds me of my childhood too. ( its uncanny how many similarities you and I have lol) My dad used to let me watch all sorts of stuff when I was younger. I remember the neighbours kids ( who was older than me) was banned from watching the most tame of tv shows or movies and wasn't allowed to eat sweets or do anything fun. They used to come to my house coz they could watch the Texas chain saw massacre and Creepshow and eat all the sweets they wanted. Good times. Funny thing is they turned out extremely fat when they got older. Almost as if depriving them when young made them greedy if that makes sense. They use to stuff their face when they came to my house. lol...Definitely good times..
Thanks for sharing this, I will definitely want to see this when its out. smiley smiley smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@laylaandpaz My dad was same way. I remember him taking us to see Friday the 13th and he went to bathroom and snuck is behind us and scared the crap out of us! I had my face in popcorn box... That was back when popcorn came in boxes not tubs. I owe my dad for being the horror fan I am today. 💋

+1

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

I loved Creepshow movies, one of my favorite stories was "The Crate"

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@manditoe I loved that one too 💋💋

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

while i liked the original Creepshow and the second one, i don't know if there's much more they can do with it. the stories in those films were from Stephen King and the whole concept was based on the old EC horror comics from the 1950s, which were later well-represented in the Tales From the Crypt series on HBO.
Greg Nicotero seems to have some ideas to get this rolling, though ultimately i don't see it being comparable to what's been done already. this could still be good for hallowe'en and maybe some other special occasions.

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd You might be surprised! 💋

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 oh, you know i got my fingers crossed! XD i really would like it to succeed and maybe pull some of the attention away from those boring old walkers for a change.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd Especially FTWD, that show is trying my patience right now. I just have never been able to connect with those characters like I did on TWD, except for Morgan that is 💋

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 you should join me in taking a break from FTWD. its not going to disappear forever if we don't watch and just imagine the feeling of not enduring that disappointment week after week.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd LMAO...I don't know why continue to watch it every week. I've started playing word on my phone during that hour 💋

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 Words with Friends? i used to play that all the time. we can create a support group for people trying to quit bad shows by playing words and 8-ball pool smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@uunboundd That sounds like a wonderful plan 💋💋

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Oh wow! A brand new series, just like the old Creep Show (kinda). No one has been able to reproduce the terror involved in the original (in my opinion). I hope this does!

I'm totally stoked that Adrienne Barbeau is making a cameo in it!

Thank a million, Teeny.

www.imdb.com/title/tt8762206/

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ I'm really looking forward to it and hoping it will be great 💋

Report comment
(4y)

@ I offered her in the crate 💋

Report comment
(4y)

Not excited about first episode. Gray Matter and The House Of The Head are the stories shown in ep1 coming in at about 42mns for both together. I want spoil them but googling the titles will tell you what you want to know.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

After seeing the first episode (actually seeing it) I AM HIGHLY impressed literal 10/10.

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

That show was a staple of my childhood, one of my favorite anthology of all time. So needless to say that I had very low expectation to this reboot, having been deeply disappointed with the "Twilight zone" reboot. Well, it was not bad at all. Unlike the aforementioned show, I sat through the whole episode. The first story, was just OK for me. More could've been done with the storyline. The second was the best, for me. I also appreciated the cartoon strip feel of the original show and comics. The effects were pretty good too. I just wish that the "The Creepshow Creep" talked, in-between stories. "My kiddies, hehehe". So in all, I liked more than I thought I would. So for now, I keep watching it. smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,657 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series