This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,060 reviews
122,543 films • 18,492 TV series

ClipWatching Link often leads to Browser Hijacking (1139 views, 12 replies)

This topic has been closed.

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

Hello;
When I try to use ClipWatching (when no other links work), it has me turn off my add block.
Once the block is off, pop-up pages start showing up (yes, more than one).
Lately, I am getting Browser Hijacks. The only way to continue once they show up is to kill
my browser and restart it.
Is there something else I can do to satisfy ClipWatching's need to kill the Add Block yet NOT
get the annoying Browser Hijack attack?

Again, I only will try clipwatching when no other link works.
Lance.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Have you tried using uBlock Origin and Ghostery for browser add-ons/extensions?

+2

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Ghostery is some spy sh*t, too.
i use ad block and No script to try to be safe. I avoid clipwatching. It has some very annoying behavior.
My favourite is Verystream.
But configuring No Script is a pain in the ass but when done it works quite fine. I like that.

+2

expert
Report comment
(4y)

Ad block is not enuff on it's own. It doesn't block everythin it should. I use Duckduckgo privacy essentials, Ublock origin, Adblock, Privacy possum, and Minerblock. (Minerblock is rly only installed for streamplay.to and there currency miners.)

I use clipwatching all the time w/no issues. This config. never breaks any website, and never, ever..do i get any pop-up or any web-page related trojan, etc. Also, there's nothing to configure...no settings need be tinkered with. Eeeeeezy-peeezy!

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I have iOS only and clipwatching links do not work. I see linkers still posting movies on there and do not understand why. It now just gives a screen that has a dialogue box in front of the “video” player that says I need to install a new VPN. I don’t use a VPN. I cannot install software on my iOS devices that don’t come from either Apple directly or the App Store, and there is NEVER any movie there. Stop it. Just stop it. Clipwatching is garbage. And so is Vevio. smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ditzygypsy Clipwatching has the movies, just not in great quality, vevio is acceptable, maybe watch it on a computer? And use one or more adblockers, because i never see any of the adds...

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ditzygypsy Clipwatching works just fine. It's your iOS device that is the problem in this case. I use clipwatching all the time, it's actually my go to source.

master
Report comment
(4y)

I occasionally get that message from clipwatching to turn my ad block off also. Usually if I just reload the page it goes away. If it doesn't then I just pick a different link. I don't know what kind of ad blocker you use, but I use Ublock Origin, and as others have said, it works wonderfully. Good luck!

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

I just use FF, ublock and a (paid) vpn.
I don't see any ads, popups or get any notices to disable blocking on clipwatching.

Set ublock to keep your subscriptions to blocklists updated, check the anti-adblock subscriptons, you'll be fine.

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

Clipwatching is now totally useless for me:

Details:
Windows 10 Home
Dell XPS 8700-64 Bit
Intel Core I7-4790 (3.60ghz)
32G Ram

Browser=Google Chrome 78.0.3904.108
Ad Blocker=uBlock version 1.4.1

Symptoms when connecting to ClipWatching:
01) Linking: Please disable adblock and try again!
[This is WITH UBlock!!!]
02) Ublock set to "Do not run on this page"
03) DocToPDF comes up, blocking entire screen.
[No way around this Popup]
04) Cancelling out of the pop-up cancels ClipWatching.

This makes using ClipWatching impossible.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@LanceL try using ublock origin, then go to ublock preferences and choose filter list and check "Adblock Warning Removal List" then scroll down again and check "AakList (Anti-Adblock Killer)"

+1

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

Found the "Adblock Warning Removal List checkbox for Ublock Origin Firefox extension.
But, it appears that Ublock Origin for Google Chrome was removed from the Google Store.
This means that Firefox is a way around the ClipWatching problem.
I have tried various Ad Blockers on Chrome and none of them work well.

One Note about UBlock on firefox. Found the Warning Removal List but the filter list did not have the "AakList" check box.

Clipwatching seems to work OK for some but on a few, it just does nothing. Sits as a screen with no progress. I do not find this unusual because ALL of the provider sites have some movies that had bad links.

Bottom Line, Firefox seams to work OK, Google Chrome does not when it comes to ClipWatching.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@LanceL clipwatching change their player engine since that it went down hill, even to us linkers

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,060 reviews • 122,543 films • 18,492 TV series