This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,721 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Can God speak on Mother’s Day? (1238 views, 24 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Counting message two Mother's Day

Proverbs 31 teaches us that God blesses the world through special women:

Through the gift of that special woman He blesses husbands (Proverbs 31:10-12,23,28). The passage was clearly written as a way to show how this woman truly blesses a king. Yet, in verse 28, the illustration is that she uses her wisdom to shape her husband’s gifts for the gates, not the court. So, this is for every man. Truly, whether carpenter or king, all men are dependent upon the nurture and wisdom of their wives for making them whole persons.

Through the gift of that special woman He blesses households (and we could even say, entire economies or markets) (Prov. 31:15)

It is amazing that King Lemuel’s mother, if she, indeed, wrote this part of the Proverb, also knew that the woman brought blessing to the markets. Today, on Mothers Day, it is a good time to say thank you to the Lord for how He has made our wives, our mothers, our daughters to be so industrious that entire markets are dependent upon them. If you think I am overstating it, just take a look at any ad on television and see which gender they are marketing to. While there are social engineering attempts underway, there can be no denying that our society reflects the same truth that Proverbs 31 teaches: the woman of the house controls the market concerning her house.
Read more

+2

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Counting message three Mother's Day

Through the gift of that special woman He blesses Mankind (Prov. 31; 1 Tim. 2:13-15)

It is at this place that we must turn to our New Testament reading for today: 1 Timothy 2:13-15. That text is a controversial text, but is given by St. Paul to support an argument that he was making to Timothy about the role relationship of men and women within the Church. His argument, which must be dealt with another time, was grounded in the fact that women had been deceived in the crisis that led to the fall of mankind. Yet, Paul here states that women, who had been deceived, would be saved through childbearing. Now, is St. Paul here meaning to say that woman will experience spiritual salvation by becoming “with child” and by giving birth to that child? What about those who cannot have children? Or those girls who never marry? Or those who die before they reach child-bearing age? Surely he is not guaranteeing that Christian women will all defy the fall in this life and successfully bear children without a any medical problems. The rain falls on the just and the unjust.
Read more

+5

Hide 2 replies...

God
Report comment
(4y)

" the last and highest order of creation"?

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Thank you and God bless you for commenting I am thankful.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Aleciaandbobby Thank you..and God blesss you! But I wanted your view on that statement. Is that the way you feel? That woman is God's " highest order of creation"?

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Blessings bondojoe,
No I don't think that women are God's  " highest order of creation". I believe that man and woman are created equal.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Aleciaandbobby Wasn't Jesus God's highest order of Creation?

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Blessings bondojoe,
I believe that this will answer your question more thoughly.

Man is the highest form of God’s creation among the animals and the creatures that live on this earth. But man is also lower than the angels who live in heaven.

Humans – The Highest On Earth

Man is the only creature that God made to be like Him. The animals of the sea and the land are called beasts in the Bible. God created them, and then He decided to make something new – a human being.

And God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good. Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” Genesis 1:25-26
Read more

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@Aleciaandbobby That's a good example..but I have always believed that Jeusus was God's first creation... (Colossians 1:15)

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Jesus was not created, the person Jesus was begotten with divine nature. Later, around 0 BC, Jesus took on human nature, as well.

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

"Can God speak on Mother's Day?"
Answer: not to me.

And it's Mother's Day, not Father's Day.
Maybe God should listen more instead of speaking/preaching...

To all moms, Have a lovely Mother's Day!

+6

master
Report comment
(4y)

HoleeeShyt satans water boy finally blocked me. W00T!!
HALLELUJAH FOR THAT... and the resulting peace on Mothers Day. smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) Happy Mother's Day and many blessings to you !

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) HoleeeShyt satans water boy finally blocked me. W00T!!

LMAO smiley smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

If you read Genesis 1, YHWH remarks that everything was good that had been created...

...until Genesis 2.

18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. 19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. 20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
The Creation of Woman
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Read more

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

So women are there to make "their husbands" awesome and to take care of the market.

When people say the Bible is a relic that's best suited to museums and doesn't fit out lives anymore, I don't know why...

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@toasterfraker That's a good idea, but how to tell my partner her primary function is to make me awesome? smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

uuuuhiiii i remember Anhedonia nightmare! he was batshidd crazy !he wasnt online for 9 months so possibly he met the holy trinity he loved so much!
RIP

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Adrian∞ If he did kick the bucket, he must be up in his heaven telling God how to run things and quoting scripture to Him.

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks smiley smiley smiley
best comment of the day
I smiley ya for that
smiley ALL THUMPS UP! smiley smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Anyone quoting St Paul in the same sentence as women's rights really needs therapy.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

There is no need to reinterpret the scriptures. God has already ordained that it is the woman's place to bear children and tend to them and her husband. There is no need to liberalize them.

"she riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.” Prov 31:15 King James

“Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.”- Prov 31:10 King James

The key to understanding this, is that it is not the man who values the woman, but a woman who values herself caring for her family.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,721 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series