This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,775 reviews
122,426 films • 18,483 TV series

BRIGHTBURN: Has James Gunn started a new horror genre? (687 views, 10 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

When I saw the trailer I thought, "here we go, yet another re-boot". But was so glad I was wrong. I became fascinated at the thought of superman (or super kid} that was a super bad ass. What if this is the next big thing? Spiderman maybe? Batman's already in the middle, it wouldn't be a huge stretch... youtu.be/JeIeJMIMHZE [youtube]

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I don't think the notion of"HORROR-ABLE KIDS"IS really that new.so it could do nicely! smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Thank you very much.

This looks really fantastic. I can only hope that they can pull it off and that the trailer wasn't the best bits of the film and there's nothing more.

I love Elizabeth Banks; she really transforms herself for her characters so they've already got that in their corner as a positive.

I cannot claim to have seen much Jackson A. Dunn (the child actor who is portraying Brighburn), but I have hope with what little I have seen of him.

Thanks for the heads up on this. :)

www.imdb.com/title/tt7752126/

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

Anyone know about"Holmes & Watson" smiley the funny version?just coming out?those 2 guys are usually very funny(how crack up was the movie satire of Johnny Cash story(film) smiley ?"(name?)"weird name. uh.."Get HARD!"!)HAH HAH STILL some of the funniest!and the RACE-CAR DRIVER MOVIE SATIRE everyone never gave credit!OH THE MALE OLYMMPIC FIGURE SKATERS!!HAH HAH HAH smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley---I CAN'T STOP! smiley

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 People all across America are walking out of Holmes & Watson and demanding their money back.

Report comment
(5y)

@cjackson674 AWWW, SHIT,i was looking for some good laffs!

expert
Report comment
(5y)

holy crap this looks good. i'm hoping the kid isn't just plain evil so much as a result of parents who are less than diligent in making certain their child grows up knowing right from wrong. from the parts where they're slowly realising the powers he has, it seems that could be the case.
turning off my brain on this one until the release because it's too exciting, but disney be damned it looks like james gunn hasn't skipped a beat ❤

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@unbound I hear you.., you'll go crazy just thinking of all the possibilities. BIZARRO is getting thrown around a lot, along with many saying it's the story of ULTRAMAN. After a little research I also found out about the comic book IRREDEEMABLE which has the same premise as BRIGHTBURN. Check these guys out 7 years ago talking about it..... youtu.be/dKMKTxRUjkg

master
Report comment
(5y)

BIZARRO was a real well thought out situation of a smiley "replica world of earth"except everything is BIZARRE ,or opposite--i forget it was maybe 60 yrs ago?but research, BIZARRO is a great idea!!it was a great Bizarro-Superman!!fun!! smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

Looking forward to this. Thank you for posting!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

this looks creepy and i like creepy horror syfy if made wright it can be verry scary this could be just that verry scary yess i cant wait,lol. smiley smiley smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,775 reviews • 122,426 films • 18,483 TV series