This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,739 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

Anthology Films/Series πŸ’œ (2984 views, 148 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

smiley Here is a list of some of my favourite Seasonal/Episodic Anthology Films/Series both old and new:

American Horror Story
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/American_Hor....

Black Mirror
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Black_Mirror....

Channel Zero
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Channel_Zero....

Room 104
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Room_104....

Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Philip_K_Dic....

Dimension 404
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Dimension_40....

Bobcat Goldthwait's Misfits & Monsters
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Bobcat_Goldt....

Castle Rock
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Castle_Rock/....

Genius
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Genius....

What are some of your favourite Anthology Films/Series?

Which of the above do you like or dislike?

I know I have missed a lot that should be on this list but I will come back to it as I am trying to rebuild my original list of Anthology Films/Series.

Have fun with this thread and I look forward to your replies @two-movie members! smiley

πŸ’œπŸ’œ
Read more

+8

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A [SPOILER]

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A *Bumped up* for @laylaandpaz

enjoy ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A 828 views at the moment ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A wow, thanks for the links!!i love"The Nightmare Before Xmas"! and "Mr. Magoo's Xmas/Scrooge"--where Mr. Magoo is Scrooge and does the whole story with characters,and singing it.--very cute!!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 you're most welcome. enjoy :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I just added those to my Christmas list of films, Thank you :)

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I like your list of shows/movies & have seen and
watched/watching most of them lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@manditoe Thank you :) I had a huge Anthology list back on PW and here it's slowly building up so just thought I would share with fellow two-movie members lol

What can you add that is not here?

It would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A What a great list! Thanks for starting the thread. Will enjoy seeing ones that I've missed.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale You're very welcome and thank you as well for contributing to it - much appreciated ;)

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Of those you listed I watch American Horror Story, Channel Zero, Feud, and American Crime Story.

+1

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 AHS is a top 5 fave , Feud was a unique enjoyment, ACS is always a good watch but I still have to catch up on Channel Zero as I only watched the first season like several of the films I have added.

This time of year is usually when the good anthology films are released with Halloween being the main theme. Several already added here on TM and viewed.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A With the 4th season of Channel Zero airing soon, you should watch seasons 2 and 3.
I just wish the seasons were a bit longer to answer unanswered questions.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 You're right the 4th season begins October 26th according to IMDB I wish they released the entire season at once, I am impatient and spoiled when it comes to waiting weekly LOL there's so much to catch up but will definitely binge 2+3 in the near future. Perfect for this time of year when I enjoy watching horrors the most and anything Halloween themed.

Which genres do you prefer?

by the way.. noticed your name and thought I would confess that LOL I have never watched any LOTR films but have read the books and collect old editions...

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A No particular genre. I do like Supernatural, the original Charmed, and Buffy.
I've never read any of the LotR books.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 I just noticed that season 4 episode 1 was just put up on here early :D awesome!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I noticed that too and looks like it was a sneak peek. I watched it and it was a good episode.

Report comment
(5y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 I downloaded it for future viewing after I catch up with season 2 and 3 by that time I am sure 4 will be completed lol ;)

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Okay, I always thought that I watch a LOT of TV. I thought "maaaybee" I might have a little problem. But, from the above listings, these are the shows I've never heard of:

Room 104
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Roo m_104....

Bobcat Goldthwait's Misfits & Monsters
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Bob cat_Goldthwa....

Genius
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Gen ius....

The Guest Book
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/The _Guest_Book....

Feud
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Feu d....

Lore
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Lor e....

American Crime Story
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Ame rican_Crime_....

Slasher
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Sla sher....

Easy
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Eas y....

True Detective
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Tru e_Detective....

Fargo
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Far go....

Deadtime Stories
www1.two-movies.name/watch_tv_show/Dea dtime_Storie....
Read more

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier That's a small list. There are heaps more. But what gets me, I've never heard of most of them. Just goes to show how many there are.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 I've only heard of 9 of those shows and just one of movies listed.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier There are a lot listed and way more that could be added. I still have to play catch up with most of what I posted. Now you have lots to pick from and enjoy. That's what I love about this site and others like it... all the film buffs are here to share with others ;)

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Honestly. I didn't bother to read them. There are so many you only pay attention to the ones you like.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Now you made me read them! Nope! I have read about a lot of them, Not my cup of tea. You see, so many you get to choose. Another peanut and pickle sandwich might not be another strawberry jam toasty. Though having a laugh at others should be accepted, laughed at, sure. Like my like of peanut butter and pickle wrapped in bread. Not overly fussy about the pickle. Do tend towards the gerkin. Go on call me strange.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Egor17 I haven't seen on here in awhile. How are you?
TeenyπŸ’‹

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Here is a newer anthology film I recently watched and enjoyed that's perfect for this time of year.

Terrortory 2 (2018)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Terrortory_2....

The sequel to the hit anthology film: Four chilling stories tied together by one man traveling through the terrifying land known as The Terrortory. Featuring monsters from the first film--The Midnight Clown and Smiling Jack--as well as all-new creatures.

Enjoy ;) and feel free to add yours to the thread.

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Thxx for that..I just added to my horror list 2 watch! :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@manditoe You're most welcome :) perfect for Halloween season ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I hope they do a Terrortory 3. This seems very open-ended.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier I thought it was well done too and look forward to more.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Thre's actually a sh*t load of good ones on youtube that do not have an IMDb page so maybe I will add them to the "Video' tab to be viewed.

+1

senior master
Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Came here just to see if someone mentioned this one! So much different than Black Mirror but oh so much the same.

Report comment
(5y)

@Kimdelee Glad you found it - it's a never ending list :)

Report comment
(4y)

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

This is a new one that I been looking forward to and just 1 episode so far "INTO THE DARK" (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Into_the_Dar.... A horror anthology series with each episode inspired by a holiday.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I watched the first episode last night. It's just a lengthier version of the short that appeared in Patient Seven

dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Patient_Seven....

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I've never watched Patient Seven which is probably why I enjoyed it more and was not familiar to me. I can't wait to see what they do with the next episode in November.

Now I have another horror to add to my collection ;) Thank you :)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

A short-lived anthology series featuring adaptations of well-known horror stories that's a little older from 1989 with 4 episodes in total. Hopefully the links get added to the page.

Nightmare Classics (1989) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Nightmare_Cl.... All that we see or seem/is but a dream within a dream.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Fear Itself (2008) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Fear_Itself/.... A television series broken down into thirteen separate sixty-minute films from premiere horror writers and directors.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Some oldies...

Asylum (1972)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Asylum_1972....

From Beyond the Grave (1974)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/From_Beyond_th....

Dr. Terrors House of Horrors (1965)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Dr_Terrors_Hou....

The Vault of Horror (1973)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_Vault_of_H....

Torture Garden (1967)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Torture_Garden....

The House That Dripped Blood (1971)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_House_That....

Trilogy of Terror I (1975)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Trilogy_of_Ter....

Trilogy of Terror II (1996)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Trilogy_Of_Ter....

+3

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Your horror street cred is going through the roof, I'll give myself a month to get through these "classics" From behind the sofa I presume. Nice one

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. The 60s/70s classics are some of the best anthologies you'll find.

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I was 8yrs old. My dad took us to the drive-in to see "The Undertaker and His Pals" and "Dr Terrors House of Horrors". Couldn't sleep for a week. Wouldn't enter a dark room for a month!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier That sounds like the perfect night - to be at a drive-in watching these films with your dad, you're so lucky.

I have never been to a drive-in and they longer exist in my city but I been looking up some in the outskirts that are playing old films for the month of October all Halloween themed and all. If I could go back in time to the 50's when my parents were kids and experience all the stories I heard about growing up.. oh what a delight that would be.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier Drive-ins have never been popular in the UK - Too much rain lol.

I saw most of them peeking from behind our couch instead.

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Straight to my playlist:) Oldies are some of the best ;) I have seen these but didn't have them on my two-movies list until now as I been trying to rebuild one here after PW went down. Thank you so much for sharing these and helping to add onto this list - much appreciated! :)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"XX"

dosmovies.com/watch_movie/XX....

Four short horror films that are directed and written by women.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Girls.... Sugar and spice... YeeaahhπŸ€”... Even the opening credits were creepy! Very much loved this oneπŸ€—

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier I always enjoy a little cheese... just the right amount ;)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Doomsday Book dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Doomsday_Book/.... The First Chapter of The Anthology Film- In A Brave New World, a mysterious virus brings the city to ruins and zombies flood the streets of Seoul. The Chapter 2, The Heavenly Creature, a robot reaches enlightenment on its own while working at a temple. Its creators regard this phenomenon as a threat to mankind and decide to terminate the robot. The Last Chapter- Happy Birthday, a little girl logs into a strange website and puts in an order for a new pool ball for her billiards-obsessed father. Soon an unidentified meteor heads toward Earth and all human beings flee to underground bomb shelters.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Grim Prairie Tales (1990) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Grim_Prairie_T.... A cynical bounty hunter and a clerk traveling through the prairie rest by the campfire telling four stories of terror to each other.

Two travelers, one a well to do young clark on the way to a reunion with his wife, the other a scruffy, feral bounty hunter meet at sundown on a lonely prairie and agree to swap stories around the campfire.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)
+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale nice list - thanks for adding them ;)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I really like "the ABCs of Death" franchise.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier I'm a big fan of horror anthologies. The ABCs were a great mix of excellent and dreadful - just how I like 'em.

If you haven't already, you should try some of the early British ones. I posted some links further up in the thread.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I saw almost all of those when they were new releases. And the Brits were masters of horror before special effects, gore, and blue/green screen.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Bugs: A Trilogy dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Bugs_A_Trilogy.... A babysitter with a clever and violent ward. A patient who mistrusts the doctor's orders. A young woman haunted by a malevolent presence. And the terror that ties them all together: BUGS. On their own, spiders, parasites, and bedbugs hold their own private horror for those who are beset by the quiet scuttles and slurps of inhuman creatures. But for Diane, Hannah, and Elena, three varied yet eerily similar women, these bugs represent the larger horrors of paranoia, helplessness, and abandonment. The Bugs Trilogy explores the inequality of the watcher and ward, relationships between mothers ... smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"The Romanoffs" (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Romanoff.... Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner's next project: The Romanoffs, an anthology series centered around people who believe themselves to be the modern-day descendants of the Romanov family. The Romanov family was the last dynasty to rule Russia from 1613 until the Bolsheviks seized power in 1917. In July of 1918, Tsar Nicholas II, Tsarina Alexandra, and their five children and remaining loyal servants were executed, a slaughter that has, over the years, inspired conspiracy theories, including the myth that Nicholas and Alexandra's daughter Anastasia survived the attack. Weiner's unconventional spelling of the Russian surname reportedly reflects both the pronunciation and how it was spelled up until recently.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A A must-watch drama with each episode about 1.5 hours long. It's full of great famous actors and an extremely well done anthology.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

V/H/S (2012) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/VHS/?ref=27548.... A POV, found footage horror film from the perspective of America's top genre filmmakers. A group of misfits are hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house in the countryside and acquire a rare tape. Upon searching the house, the guys are confronted with a dead body, a hub of old televisions and an endless supply of cryptic footage, each video stranger than the last.

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A In addition to the original there are at least two sequels, "V/H/S/2" and "VHS: Viral", but I can't find them here.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier oh that's unfortunate but common that something can't be found here.. I can send you the links for them when I get the time. They will be openload to your inbox. xx

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Thx πŸ€“ I know other sites where I can find them, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post the links. πŸ€”

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"AMC Visionaries: Eli Roth's History of Horror" dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/AMC_Visionar.... an in-depth look at the history and pop cultural significance of horror films - is a brilliant documentary that breaks down the history of horror films starting with ZOMBIES in episode 1 then continues with Slashers, Ghosts, and so on. Joined by the greats such as Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Edgar Wright, Elijah Wood, Tom Savini and several more who share their insight with us - the true fans of horror! This is a gem for any and all real fans of Horror films/series/books that can truly appreciate all things horror + sub-genre. and especially the low budget + B-Movies. I recommend this to the seasoned horror fans and especially those who are just beginning to enjoy horrors. There's a lot to learn here and you will have fun watching this as you will find some true horror gems from the best writers, directors, producers to ever exist

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Glad to see you're keeping this thread active😁 I've been working my way through the list. Just now finished binging "Masters of Horror". Several of the links above that have expired. Had to find other sites.πŸ€”

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier You're very welcome :) I am quite passionate about films and currently a student so I enjoy this just wish others would share more about films/series on this site than all the hateful drama nonsense that fills the forums up. This thread gets a lot of views so I try my best to add onto it lol Cheers and happy viewing.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A In my 60+ years, never once have I wished for m o r e drama.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier That's good to know since I absolutely avoid it.

Back to films...

Which Anthology here, do you like the most so far?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A UPDATE: links have been added to episode 1 now on here. Watch and enjoy!

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Black Mirror is hands-down #1. American Horror Story and Channel Zero are too close to call for #2. I'm looking forward to Electric Dreams return. I wish they did more Dimension 404. Tales from the Hood 2 was so transparently preachy, I hated it.

+1

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier Tales from the Hood 2 was really not that great but worth a watch.

Black Mirror & Electric Dreams are my faves.

Although it's not an anthology, have you watched the series "Happy" or "Altered Carbon"?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Very much looking forward to Altered Carbon's return. Love the premise, and they didn't disappoint. Saw teasers for Happy, wasn't impressed, so I've never seen it.(Jimmy Stewart probably did it better anyway.)
Have you seen "Maniac"? If so, I'd be interested in your opinion.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier I am working on the sci-fi list that I will soon post for you and other members here since this thread is close to 1000 views already.

Jimmy Stewart did Happy? I want to know more ;) I did watch Maniac which will be in the sci-fi thread - it's an absolute must watch in my opinion... I am almost done with the sci-fi list then I'll discuss further with you. I would like to see which sci-fi films/series you will add that I missed.. i will start with 10-20 lol brb

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Jimmy Stewart did a movie called "Harvey". I know "Happy" isn't the the exact same, buttt.... (I already admitted that I've never watched Happy.)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier My apologies for these late replies ;)

I have never watched Harvey but if you watch HAPPY! then I will watch HARVEY :D:D lol

Happy is a really good show - funny, twisted, suspense, - an all in one series.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I'll have to put it on the list. (The list is partly your fault, by the way.) Right now I'm watching "Outcast", " A Discovery of Witches ", " Channel Zero", and a few others.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier LOL I will take the blame for your entertainment :D I think your list is going to grow as I am working on posting yet another NEW forum thread related to films/series haha I am so HAPPY to have made this connection with you on here. It's why I joined this site and this just put a smile on my face with genuine laughter as I read it lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Feed my addiction and laugh... That's cruelπŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier I think we are terrible for one another as we are feeding each other's addiction πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ *plays Curtis Mayfield - Pusherman* ;) LOL

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A That's a "blast from the past"!β˜ΊπŸ™‚πŸ˜€

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier yes, I love older music - it's way better ;)

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Any possibility of y smiley ou creating a strictly SciFi anthology list? πŸ€“ Pleeeaase? smiley

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier I can just add my playlist to a thread when I have the time. Maybe just a general sci-fi thread since this already exists. ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier I added a sci-fi thread ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A THX! 😁

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier my pleasure :)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

smiley

Tis the Season!

Season 2 of Lore has been released and links are available on here to watch so here it is yet again. Enjoy!

"Lore" 2017 dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Lore.... From the executive producer of The Walking Dead and the executive producer of The X-Files, this anthology series brings to life Aaron Mahnke's "Lore" podcast and uncovers the real-life events that spawned our darkest nightmares. Blending dramatic scenes, animation, archive and narration, Lore reveals how our horror legends - such as vampires, werewolves and body snatchers - are rooted in truth.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A The second season is a lot different to the first.

They've dropped the narration and gone for a full dramatisation instead.

[SPOILER]

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I have yet to finish this second season but so far I am impressed - love it!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

American Nightmares (2018)
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/American_Night....

Mr. Malevolent hacks into two millennials' computers and forces them to watch horror tales.

smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Danny Trejo and Nichelle Nichols, how can you go wrong? An hour and a half of fun. I loved the ending of the last vignette.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@alvinjfrazier perfect for the Halloween season as well ;)

+1

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

GREAT lists y'all. TYVM!!!

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@pollycracker a pleasure, enjoy :)

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Great list EUNOIA smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Sultan90 thank you for your positive feedback :) much appreciated - enjoy!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

[SPOILER]

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Don't Watch This (2018)

Netflix Original - 5 Episode mini-series of horror shorts.

www.imdb.com/title/tt9201996/

[SPOILER]

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Medal of Honor (2018)

A hybrid docu/live-action anthology series that portrays stories of personal sacrifice that resulted in the highest military distinction: the Medal of Honor. (Netflix Original)

dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Medal_of_Hon....

Although there are no links to any of the episodes on here YET the entire season is ready to binge on Netflix - hope they post it here soon for members to watch.

Enjoy! smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A UPDATE:

The links are now available here to watch.

I recommend it and rate it 5/5 !!!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (2018)

An anthology film comprised of six stories, each dealing with a different aspect of life in the Old West.
dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_Ballad_of_.... Starring: Liam Neeson, Ralph Ineson, Tom Waits, Harry Melling, Stephen Root, Brendan Gleeson, Clancy Brown, David Krumholtz, Zoe Kazan, James Franco

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Sold!
You had me on Brendan Gleeson. I love that man. ❀️

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale I thought it was a pretty clever film and one of the best I have seen this year in said genre.

Enjoy :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I watched it last night. I thought it was wonderful.

Not much of a Western fan, but I love history and well-done period pieces.

[SPOILER]

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Conspiracy X (2018):

An anthology of horror stories based on global conspiracy theories

I began this on another site and have not been able to find it here hence no link.

Whenever it is added, check it out.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A This is now available on TM - here is the link: dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Conspiracy_X_2.... enjoy!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

2 Die For (2018)

2 Die For is a horror anthology of short horror films from cult underground indie horror filmmakers from across the globe. This fast paced horror compendium of short horror films won't give you time to catch your breath, your heart will race, you will sweat uncontrollably, and you will be shocked to death. An anthology of horror stories helmed by more than 20 directors from the dark depths of horror's underground. What would you do if you only had two minutes to live?...find out in 2 Die For.

Again, I could not find it on this site hence no link.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Here is the link to the Page on TM dosmovies.com/watch_movie/2_Die_For/?ref.... happy viewing!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Wolf Creek (2016)

An anthology series which centers on different characters being targeted by crazed serial killer Mick Taylor in the Australian outback.

+1

Hide 1 reply...

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

All the Creatures Were Stirring (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/All_the_Creatu.... When an awkward date on Christmas Eve leads a couple into a strange theater, they're treated to a bizarre and frightening collection of Christmas stories, featuring a wide ensemble of characters doing their best to avoid the horrors of the holidays. From boring office parties and last-minute shopping, to vengeful stalkers and immortal demons, there's plenty out there to fear this holiday season.

All the Creatures Were Stirring is a brand new Christmas horror anthology from husband and wife directing/writing duo Rebekah and David Ian McKendry, both of whom are well-established in the world of horror – both previously collaborated on a graphic novel extension of the Hellraiser universe, as well as Rebekah’s long-running hosting duties on Blumhouse’s official podcast Shock Waves. It might seem redundant to label this film as β€˜brand new’ within its own review but that’s what this feels like, a refreshingly original selection of five yuletide-related segments all taking place over one magical Christmas Eve night.

Read more

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Lilith (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Lilith_2018/?r.... A horror anthology follows the Demon Lilith who punishes men for their indiscretions against women. Lilith is a figure in JewiA horror anthology follows the Demon Lilith who punishes men for their indiscretions against women. Lilith is a figure in Jewish mythology, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud (3rd to 5th centuries). Lilith is a dangerous demon of the night and who is sexually wanton.sh mythology, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud (3rd to 5th centuries). Lilith is a dangerous demon of the night and who is sexually wanton.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Folklore" dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Folklore/?re.... This HBO Asia Original horror anthology series features the deeply-rooted superstitions and myths across six Asian countries, including Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

if you haven't seen the show caution spoilers alert My favorite show smiley TVD, The Originals & Legacies not many tv shows get 2 spin offs...

+1

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Buffy97 TVD will always be my top favourite for this genre and although I enjoyed the first spin-off, I haven't been able to get into the second YET but will give it another go when the season is done and ready to binge-watch if it isn't already.

Were you a True Blood fan as well? Damn I miss that show even more.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Nah, I never got into True Blood. Cool I found a fellow TVD fan on here. Legacies is mostly about fallowing Hope and Alaric while she goes to Salvatore school.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Buffy97 Oh you gotta give TB a try then. I am a huge fan of supernatural type shows/films like Hemlock Grove, Supernatural, .. the list is endless but unfortunately most of them end up cancelled lol - I think they are stretching it out with Legacies TBH

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Fantasy, Supernatural, Sci-fi and a splash of crime or mystery and romance. Thoes shows and movies are my thing too.
Well, gotta admit its amazing that the TVD universe hasn't ended entirely i'm honestly just happy its not completely over and curious to see what they do with new show. I mean it will eventually end at some point. It gives me something good to look forward too cause, these days more shows aren't that good anymore.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Buffy97 It's true, shows just aren't made as good as they were so it's nice to have this spin-off which I am sure I will end up appreciating. There has been some really great new ones though not sure if you have seen them already or checked all the threads like this one but I would recommend these as must sees:

"A Discovery of Witches" (2018)

"The Haunting of Hill House" (2018)

"Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" (2018)

"Light as a Feather" (2018)

just to name a few :) check those when you get a chance.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A ''A Discovery of Witches'' I have seen all 8 episodes I love both the main actors, I've seen their movies and such so, I was bound to start watching plus its a British show and they make awesome shows over there. I have always been a huge Sabrina fan so of course I was going to watch the new one witch is a darker take, if i'm in for a scare. I have seen all 11 Eps of that as well.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Buffy97 I was surprised at how much I enjoyed A Discovery of Witches but even more Sabrina had me hooked and I can't wait for more. I watch a lot of British crime shows and think they do it best. Huge fan of all things dark and twisted - true-crime, HORROR, mystery, psychological thrillers and all that goes bump in the night. The Haunting at Hill House was a gem - best I have seen in years.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Don't Watch This" (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Dont_Watch_T.... A collection of very short horror films.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Merry F@#$ing Christmas" (2012) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Merry_Fing_Chr.... Four different tales of horror all centered around Christmas.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Weird City" (2019) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Weird_City/?.... A look at the life and people living in a futuristic town called Weird.

A comedy/scifi- anthology. Sort of like a quirky version of Black Mirror.

The cast is amazing - full of familiar faces and some of the best ever are in this.

The episodes are also very short so the entire season can be binge-watched very quickly.

Thanks YouTube Originals for creating this!

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Miracle Workers" dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Miracle_Work.... The first season of anthology series Miracle Workers will be a Heaven-set workplace comedy based on Simon Rich's book "What in God's Name", starring Daniel Radcliffe, Steve Buscemi, Geraldine Viswanathan, and Karan Soni. Radcliffe will play Craig, a low-level angel responsible for handling all of humanity's prayers, and Steve Buscemi will play Craig's boss God, who has pretty much checked out and is ready to move on to his next project. To prevent Earth's destruction, Craig and fellow angel Eliza (Geraldine Viswanathan) must answer a seemingly unanswerable prayer: help two humans fall in love. 'Miracle Workers' is created by 'Man Seeking Woman' creator Simon Rich and executive produced by Lorne Michaels and Andrew Singer of Michaels' Broadway Video, Simon Rich, Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi. Broadway Video produces the series in association with Turner's Studio T.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Love, Death & Robots (2019) A collection of animated short stories that span various genres including science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy. dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Love_Death_a.... Terrifying creatures, wicked surprises and dark comedy converge in this NSFW anthology of animated stories presented by Tim Miller and David Fincher.

Love, Death & Robots (stylized as Love Death + Robots) is an American adult animated anthology television series on Netflix. The 18-episode first season was released on March 15, 2019. The series is produced by Joshua Donen, David Fincher, Jennifer Miller, and Tim Miller. Each episode was animated by different crews from a range of countries.

5/5 stars - must watch!! smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"The Act" dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Act/?ref.... A seasonal anthology series, telling stranger than fiction stories of true crime. Episode one follows Gypsy Blanchard, a girl trying to escape the toxic relationship she has with her overprotective mother.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

THREE...EXTREMES dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Three_Extremes.... brings together a team of highly-regarded Asian filmmakers, featuring a trio of short works by Hong Kong's Fruit Chan (DURIAN DURIAN), Korea's Chan-wook Park (OLDBOY), and Japan's Takashi Miike (AUDITION). The trilogy opens with Chan's disgustingly entertaining DUMPLINGS, which he has also turned into a full-length film. DUMPLINGS stars Miriam Yeung Chin-Wah as Ching, a former TV star who is afraid of facing middle age. She visits Mei (Bai Ling), whose secret recipe for dumplings helps women look and feel younger. But when Ching discovers what's actually in the dumplings, she has some deep soul-searching to do. In Park's brutally violent CUT, Lee Byung-hun stars as a movie director who has everything going for him--a beautiful wife, hit films, a fabulous house, and an upstanding reputation. But an extra (Gang Hye-jung) decides to spoil the fun by placing the director in a no-win situation that could end in murder. ...
Read more

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Black Sabbath dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Black_Sabbath/.... A trio of atmospheric horror tales about: A woman terrorized in her apartment by phone calls from an escaped prisoner from her past; a Russian count in the early 1800s who stumbles upon a family in the countryside trying to destroy a particularly vicious line of vampires; and a 1900-era nurse who makes a fateful decision while preparing the corpse of one of her patients - an elderly medium who died during a seance. A trilogy of three horror stories. "The Drop of Water" concerns a nurse who steals a ring off a dead spiritualist, only to have the corpse seek revenge. "The Telephone" features a prostitute who is terrorized by phone calls from a dead client. "The Wurdalak" stars Boris Karloff as a vampire who feeds on the blood of his loved ones. (1) "Il Telefono" - Rosy receives many phone calls threatening her. She believes her former lover, who has just escaped from prison, is calling her. ...
Read more

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Shadowlands (2018) is an anthology style series that explores love in three separate stories - a couple renegotiating a relationship, a narcissist grasping to comprehend it, and star-crossed lovers mourning its loss.The series begins in 1928 with Alex, a plastic surgeon hell-bent on perfection, hosting a house party with an assortment of colorful guests. Amid romantic misfires it becomes apparent that the only person Alex is interested in is himself.Fast forward to 1951 and a gay military couple exploring the idea of opening their relationship while on a remote camping trip when they encounter a mysterious stranger.The stories conclude in 2018 with a painter who in mourning the loss of his lover, becomes obsessed with creating a realistic painting of him. The resulting piece is so beautiful and life like that he is drawn under its spell.

I could not find this on two-movies.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Darknet dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Darknet/?ref.... A macabre web site called Darknet links the tales in this chilling anthology series whose protagonists face a range of unnamable horrors.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

What/If (2019) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/WhatIf/?ref=.... An anthology series which tackles a different morality tale, and the ripple effect of a single decision that changes the trajectory of an entire life.

It's ready to binge-watch!

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

New Chilling Tales: The Anthology (2019) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/New_Chilling_T.... Anthology of Classic Gothic Horror Stories.

This has a low rating and most probably did not like it but if you enjoy the little cheese that comes with most horror anthology films, check this out!

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Nightmare Cinema (2019) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Nightmare_Cine.... Five strangers converge at a haunted movie theater owned by The Projectionist (Mickey Rourke). Once inside, the audience members witness a series of screenings that shows them their deepest fears and darkest secrets over five tales.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

The Field Guide to Evil dosmovies.com/watch_movie/The_Field_Guid.... A feature-length anthology film. They are known as myths, lore, and folktales. Created to give logic to mankind's darkest fears, these stories laid the foundation for what we now know as the horror genre.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

More "Anthology Films/Series" Coming soon!

It's been a minute since I have added onto this thread and I've lots more to share with members here.

I will try to do so soon on this thread or maybe a new one.

In the meantime, Bookmark this and add to your playlists. Feel free to also add onto this thread.

Cheers! smiley

Tᴏ Bᴇ CᴏɴᴛΙͺΙ΄α΄œα΄‡α΄…...

smiley smiley

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… smiley smiley

It's finally here on TM:

Creepshow (2019) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Creepshow/?r.... An anthology horror series based on the 1982 movie features vignettes that explore terror, murder, the supernatural and the unexplainable. A young boy's horror comic book comes to life in this anthology series of terrifying tales.

The first episode was great and ALL true horror-anthology fans will LOVE this - must see!!

Cheers! smiley

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Future Sex dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Future_Sex/?.... Sci-Fi anthology series about the future of sex, relationships and gender.

Report comment
(4y)

ELEVENTH HOUR WITH RUFUSS SEWELL THERE WAS 18 EPISODES AND ELEVENTH HOUR WITH PATRICK STEWART THERE WAS 4 EPISODES CANT FIND ANY OF THESE TO WATCH

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Two Sentence Horror Stories dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Two_Sentence.... is an American horror anthology television series. The themes tap into universal primal fears, filtered through the anxieties of the most connected and racially diverse generation and inspired by the viral fan fiction of two-sentence horror stories.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Tales From the Lodge (2019) dosmovies.com/watch_movie/Tales_From_the.... Tales From The Lodge is a fresh take on the portmanteau horror-comedy genre. An isolated lodge somewhere in England. Five old university pals, now nudging 40, gather for a weekend to scatter the ashes of their friend, Jonesy, who drowned himself in the lake three years earlier. They settle in for a fun evening, entertaining each other with stories of murders, ghosts, zombies and possessions, but as day turns to night, the gang become aware of another horror story unfolding around them - And this one is real.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Till Death Do Us Part (2019) Based on the speculative short stories of Mirror Fiction, this sci-fi thriller anthology plunges headlong into our deepest desires--and darkest fears.

I could not find this on two-movies but enjoyed it on Netflix and had to share it here ...

smiley smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,739 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series