About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,753 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

Amazon Echo (398 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I got an Amazon Echo for my birthday, and even though I consider myself pretty "tech savvy" about certain things, this has not even been taken out of the box. I am debating whether to return it. I admit I do not even know everything it can do, or why I would want this. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? What can it do?

Report comment
(5y)

Privacy nightmare.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I got one in 2016 and use it every day. I have it hooked up to my Philips Hue lighting hub and use Alexa to set the lighting. I also have Amazon Prime so have access to the music catalog that I stream to my sound system. I use it to set timers for things like: cooking, leave time, alarm. I do some Amazon shopping or add to a shopping list, I ask it random questions when I can't be bothered using Google.

I don't bother with many of the 'skills', but I do like a few of the sound effect skills on the one in the bedroom.

Some may moan about privacy (it's always primed to listen) but they will also have mobile devices and laptops/mac with built in mics and cameras that are also primed for listening when using Cortana/Siri/Google - and will use many apps that ask for permission to gain access to private info.

Live and let live I say. It's the future, embrace it!

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Thanks for the input everyone, I am giving it a try.............

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,753 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series