This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,519 reviews
122,695 films • 18,530 TV series

2000 Mules Distributor Apologizes, Removes Film (174 views, 10 replies)

senior master
Report comment
(2wk)

2000 Mules (2022) supported the Big Lie about the 2020 US election, the reviews on here are quite ..diverse.
dosmovies.com/film/2000_Mules/re...
After a court case brought by one of the people falsely accused of stuffing ballot boxes, the film is withdrawn with an apology.

+4

master
Report comment
(2wk)

Haha. Stupid trumpleton propaganda for dumb people, anyway. No one with half a brain believed that crap anyway.

+5

Report comment
(2wk)

Love the attempt to damage control by Salem Media Group:

“It was never our intent that the publication of the 2000 Mules film and book would harm Mr. Andrews. We apologize for the hurt the inclusion of Mr. Andrews’ image in the movie, book, and promotional materials have caused Mr. Andrews and his family,”

Somehow, this declaration seems self contradictory to the statements made in the film about Mr. Andrews (“What you are seeing is a crime. These are fraudulent votes.”)

Of course you realise that this statement in no way absolves or even mitigates the culpability and the award of the financial damages, which in my opinion will be reinforced with the imposition of punitive damages, usually awarded for egregious lapses of judgement, a.k.a. galactic stupidity. And this declaration is just that. It directly insults the intelligence of every judge, lawyer and legal analyst, who will no doubt find this as incredulous and as disingenuous as I do.

+3

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(1wk)

@JudgeDredd More info from Meidas.
Mark Andrews settled for 'an undisclosed significant amount'. I would love to know how many millions that is.

+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@Buttless That depends really. In a defamation case the amount of financial damages is established by taking into account the actual damage done to the reputation of the plaintiff, the geographic market of the distribution of the offending material and the profit made from that distribution. On a market the size of the USA, that could easily be in the range of 100 million dollars and up. If they chose to settle that can only mean that they agreed on an amount from 50% to 75% of the projected punitive damages. Getting 50 to 75 million now rather than 100 million 5 to 10 years from now, does make a lot of sense.

+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@JudgeDredd Does anyone want to say I'm a ballot-stuffer? I'd settle for $1M.
In fact a thousand would be useful at the moment!

+1

Report comment
(1wk)

@Buttless You're a Ballot Stuffer

I'll have to give you an I.O.U. 😉

Report comment
(1wk)

@StarKissed Thanks Starkissed, I need that. smiley
But my bank says they have difficulty cashing your IOU... smiley

Report comment
(1wk)

@Buttless lol, how are you? Glad to see you're still here. I'm so bored, I thought I'd reply on this thread and see if I could get in to trouble. 😉

Report comment
(1wk)
+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1wk)

I don't remember this guy's name being mentioned in the film, but I imagine that would give him a crimp in his grimp, but there were LOTS more in the film that no one is disputing. I remember those. 😜

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,519 reviews • 122,695 films • 18,530 TV series