This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,748 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

need a motor head (741 views, 15 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(4y)

We bought an old tiller last summer. I went to use it last week and it is a mess. I took it apart to find the bearings are missing (they were loose in the spin not in enclosed case) I have researched until my dang eyes have changed colors. If anyone out there cares to help It would be so greatly appreciated. I have simply run out of ways to word it to get any help. I need to know how many bearings and what size they are. Yeah I am the motor head here, the plumber and the missy fixit.

1959 Briggs and stratton tiller
model 81702
type number 944613
Thanks to anyone willing to spend the time to help me.
serial 5904160

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Флеркен No help there buddy.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Try this (081702-9446-13):

www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-...

+3

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Do yourself a favor and just replace the motor with a new one. Harbor Freight has both verticle and horizontal bolt on motors for cheap.

+3

Hide 1 reply...

guru
Report comment
(4y)

As mentioned above Jacks is a great resource and if you decide to just get a new engine Harbor Freight or eBay would be your best bets.

I'm a lifelong gear head myself so feel free to PM me if you'd like and I'll try my best to help ya out :>)

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

The thing is older than I am lol. But man, can that thing dig! Turn up my garden in about a half an hour and it is soft and deeply loosened. Our last one was mostly plastic and you had to go back over it a bunch of times.

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Oh yeah, a good tiller is a beautiful thing when it comes to gardening. Hopefully it's a rear time as opposed to a front tine style. A front tine can work ya to death comparitively smiley

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 rear

+1

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

As far as I remember, those engines don't have bearings. Bushings yeah but, loose ball bearings? Not so much.

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

Thank you all for your help. Smitty decided we would just drop it off at the local MacGyver.

+2

God
Report comment
(4y)

Woo hoo Fortunate1! Look at you create threads and posts! You rock!

smiley smiley smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

Thank you ma'am. smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,748 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series