This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,861 reviews
122,457 films • 18,487 TV series

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Trailer #4 (2019) (635 views, 8 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

www.imdb.com/title/tt6565702/

Personally, Sophie Turner is not a strong enough Jean Grey (in her previous role) for me.

However, she has a lot of really wonderful supporting actors like Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jessica Chastain to make a huge difference, plus I believe a good director who is hands on could lead this version into true success.

I am very hopeful.

Thanks, PV. smiley

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ I thought the same thing about Sophie Turner when I saw this trailer. Maybe it's just bc I'm so used to seeing her as Sansa who was mostly a weak character. I hope she proves us wrong, looks like it'll be a good movie.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@rickgrimesrocks they should have kept famke janssen as jean grey she was great as her.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ Sophie Turner needs a period of "seasoning" to actually earn her status versus being propelled by Game of Thrones. If you disagree, then try to watch other productions. They are sadly lacking either art or meaning.

Is she lovely? Of course. Does she possess talent? I think so. Watch this last episode. There were glimmers of talent but the overall performance is flat.

She was a pawn, then scared, then terrified, then a victim, then raped, then a slave, etc.

But people are not one dimensional victims after suffering monsterous tragedies. They recover in stages.

Here she is going for power as a coping mechanism but entirely humorless and lacks humanity when the people of the North need a wise benevolent layered healthy leader.

If she can't do episodes with all of the energy and massive support on GoT, then how will she fair with the Xmen's Jean Grey maturing into adulthood?
Read more

master
Report comment
(5y)

Comic books underwent a transformation into manga and graphic novels in the eighties, nineties, and beyond. However a major flaw of this metamorphosis was focusing upon antiheroes and thus the postmodern sagas became less and less about mass appeal and heroic yet flawed human characters dealing with demihuman status. There have been comic books in effect since the "registers" of the ancient Egyptians.

The market is flooded with yet another blockbuster with hundreds on million dollar in production cost, CGI, and salaries. While some of that is a natural element of severe inflation and decline of the worth of the dollar, the end result is a slick warped concept of the original mythos that was clevered created.

It feels souless and not actual nostalgia. The warmth of the characters and the resonnance that ensued by the acting ensemble of the early Xmen films is just not there anymore. Logan was a fine film because of the caliber of acting.

It's hard to imagine a better Jean Grey than Famke Janssen.
Read more

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare you understand it i said the same thing and not because i,m dutch too.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Looks decent.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,861 reviews • 122,457 films • 18,487 TV series