This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,387 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Wolfgang Petersen, director of Das Boot and Air Force One, dies aged 81 (180 views, 3 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

German film-maker was known for action and suspense thrillers, including In the Line of Fire, Outbreak and The Perfect Storm

The German film-maker Wolfgang Petersen has died at the age of 81.

The Oscar-nominated writer-director was known for films such as Das Boot, Air Force One and In the Line of Fire. He died of pancreatic cancer at home in the company of his wife, Maria Borgel Petersen. His death was confirmed by his representative.

After directing the thriller One or the Other of Us and queer drama Die Konsequenz, Petersen broke out with 1982’s Das Boot, a second world war drama about a German submarine. It was both a critical and commercial hit and was nominated for six Oscars, including best director and best adapted screenplay for Petersen.....

www.theguardian.com/film/2022/au...

+4

master

thanks for the information. I've always loved his movies. He lived a good, long life I'm sure. RIP

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I remember a classic science fiction film of his from the eighties called Enemy Mine.

dosmovies.com/film/Enemy_Mine

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@..box.. You are right! It wasn't mentioned and I didn't think of it either. The film was a flop at the box office - when I think of the plot - maybe the time was not ripe for it. But I found it very touching - and at the end I had tears in my eyes. Peterson breathed magic into it.

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,387 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series