This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,904 reviews
122,486 films • 18,490 TV series

Who puts mayonnaise on their Burgers...anyone? (1243 views, 110 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

I think it's a crime to put mayo on a ground beef burger. I've sent hundreds of burgers back over it...AFTER I told them ..NO MAYO! I hate to think of what I got back...and ate. How about you? Lets take a poll...make a discussion. mayo...or no?

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

Sometimes I put it on my cheeseburgers at home.

+7

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Oh good, I'm not the only one.

+7

Report comment
(5y)

@delamitri Me three smiley

+5

Report comment
(5y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Mayo and mustard, no ketchup and lots of onion and pickles.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* I'm not a fan of pickles but I do like the other toppings.

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

Nope, not a fan of mayo. 🤮 My burgers get ketchup or ketchup and mustard or sometimes BBQ sauce or rarely A-1 steak sauce.

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

If made up at home, i would put mayo on a burger.

+5

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

I put it on burgers AND chips...the chips think was sort of an experiment. Once. I was feeling very BeNeLux that day... smiley It wasn't truly horrible.

The truly weird thing is that poutine disgusts me. Chacun a son gout, I guess...

+4

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum To each their own.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@FemaleLotRfan83 Exactement!

+3

expert
Report comment
(5y)

I don’t eat mayo or ketchup or mustard ,I dislike it very much lol ,not just on burgers,maybe I’m just weird idk..

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Stonersabbath That narrows down the condiments!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Stonersabbath you're a purist. You want to taste the food for what it is without any other 'flavours' interfering.

Very Zen...

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Ohh thank you ver much,you are very kind.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Stonersabbath It's true. And you're not weird for not liking condiments. Or for anything else!

If food is cooked properly it really shouldn't require anything extra.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Yuck. I can't eat mayo. I know some people who just love it and will eat it french fries.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

It's an acquired taste to be sure... smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Try it with a (little) mayo on one half of the bun. and mustard on the other, no ketchup...you'll switch.

Ketchup only on the fries!

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* No Mayo! LOL!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe When it mixes with the mustard it is serendipity!
Also try using mayo on the outside of a grilled cheese instead of butter - you won't go back!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* OK...I'll try it...but I bet i get emotionally traumatized!

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Dirty Harry hates ketchup

youtu.be/F5JIpT4GkyM

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* On HOT DOGS!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe LOL I know and this was after they found the guy Sondra Locke shot in the crotch!
But I agree - I can suffer ketchup on a burger but never on a hot dog!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Worth a shot...hee hee!

+1

senior guru

no way I hate mayo not a fan of the stuff smiley but saying that I do like tuna and onion mayonnaise and I do like egg mayonnaise on roll and sometime I like garlic mayonnaise sauce on my donor kebab with onions & cabbage stuff yumm! smiley
I love to mix tomato & bbq sauce it’s nice on a Big Mac I just love McDonald’s fries and tomato & bbq sauce yumm! smiley🍔🍟🥤💕
Not a fan of Burger King or KFC’s fries I have to say! smiley👎🏻🍟

It make me smiley but most of my family like tomato sauce & mayonnaise mixed they like to dip there chips into it! smiley👎🏻

+4

master
Report comment
(5y)

Everything goes on my burger (including french fries)... but no spicy sh*t.... and every time I take that first bite, it's like...

(reading this thread has put me in the mood for a big juicy burger and some Pulp Fiction.... mm-hm!....)

+5

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@maeGastar haha me too! smiley smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@maeGastar I'd rather have a GOOD burger off of the grill, than filet de bœuf or any other grilled meat.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I like a good burger but a good steak or some ribs are hard to beat.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Paladin* I like those too...but I'll take a grilled burger, juices still flowing, over anything. Get it hot on both sides..I'll eat it. With no condiments.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Me too, any day.. and good burgers I can eat plain, maybe some onions.. lol, I'm getting so hungry! it's not even lunch yet here and I'm planning dinner.

+1

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

Mayo no mustard all the way with jalapenos and bacon.

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Me. And every single person I know, and some I only sort of know. I did a very extensive poll when I was married after I saw Bruce Willis’ character in The Whole Nine Yards complain about proper burger condiments. I had only ever heard that from my then husband. So I polled over 200 co-workers via email who were not vegetarians. Everyone who replied agreed mayo is for hamburgers, and especially cheeseburgers (hamburger sauce was the only other choice brought up, and it’s like mayo and 1000 Islands Dressing, sort of). And most even specified Miracle Whip, not just bland mayonnaise.So, except for my ex husband and an ex doucheman, who are both NJ natives, everyone puts it on their burgers. Mustard is for corned beef and bologna and hot dogs. Mayo is for beef, chicken, turkey, tuna. My ex husband had to learn that if he wants to have what he likes to eat, and if it is weird, he can make it himself or he can have it made for him, and eat it the right way. 🇨🇦

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy EWWWWWWW! LOL!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ditzygypsy Miracle whip smells and tastes like something ruined! It doesn't taste like mayo...because it's NOT!! HA! www.huffingtonpost.com/zagat/bur... 66% said it’s their favorite condiment - tomato fans, freak out!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe What is it made of, exactly?
Sounds too much like Cool Whip! *shudders*

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum I don't know what it's made of. I've never bought any. Some of my mom's relatives use it...I tasted it once, and almost regurgitated. LOL! You would REALLY shudder, if you tasted Miracle whip. It's well named. It's a miracle anyone eats it.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe It's kinda got that 1950's June Cleaver ring to it. I'm assuming it's a petroleum product like Cool Whip (yeah, I know...two different things).

There's a thought...Cool Whip on burgers! *shudder and hurl* smiley

+3

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Heh it's a miracle it hasn't been recalled. Apologies to the folks I've possibly offended. smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum Nah...no one REALLY eats Miracle whip! LOL!

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

Do they snort it somehow? smiley smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@purpleplum I think it may be injected!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe Yeah. Snorting would be too messy! Unless they could somehow 'Walter White' it...still too much work.

+1

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

smiley

master
Report comment
(5y)

Mayonnaise with burgers! I want the cheeseburger sliders.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

My burgers always the same, Only thing I vary is the type of burger I'm having. Deluxe(favorite) Mayo, lettuce tomato and red onion. Or ketchup mustard(yellow) pickles and onions. Then I have my beloved mushroom, bacon, Swiss attacks, with mayo and lettuce tomato and onion. Corn dogs ONLY get yellow mustard. All other sandwiches brown mustard.
www.fifteenspatulas.com/homemade...

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 I'm with you. maybe mustard also on he first one. smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

You can make your own mayo from scratch. You probably should as it's two ingredients. 3-4 to make salad dressing. Otherwise this a bunch of chemicals if purchased. That is true for ketchup and mustard as well.

People eat a lot of pure garbage. Bread from the store is horrid. It actually contains amino acids derived from animal hair and or feathers so it stays "fresh" meaning strangely soft and nothing like homemade bread.

This is why bread goes stale but bagged chemical ersatz bread doesn't for over a week.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare They usually get the acids from cadaver hair. L-cysteine..LOL!

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe George Carlin back in the seventies mocked a cookie brand that had over 30+ varieties. He said, "I don't want to be part of your experiment!"

Yet today, food in the grocery store is exactly this way. For example they ruined ice cream with some creamy goop made from algae.

I say make it yourself which is less expensive and tastes way better.

And I like seaweed salad...but not in my ice cream!

Take some ground chuck as you need fat in a burger. Add a dash of worstershire and minced garlic. Let that sit. Then make a wood fire and make coals and never use charcoal lighter. If clumsy, use a burget basket. You flip it once. If you like grill marks, you gingerly flip it twice for aesthetic.

Delicious. You need the woodsmoke flavor preferable hardwood like oak but can use hickory or even mesquite.

If you want to get fancy, you add a dry rub to ground chuck you made yourself to control the fat content. Then sear the burger on firebricks on a wood fire that sears in the flavor and juices.
Read more

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I've been cheating! I finally broke down and bought liquid smoke.. You must use sparingly!! smiley i learned the hard way haha!!
It's good for greens, beans etc.. I love it smiley

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Mayo spread thin on a hamburger is pretty good... I prefer to have it at home cause I am picky (must keep Mayo in the fridge)... Add Catsup (Ketchup), Onion, Dill Pickles, Mustard and a dash of salt and pepper.

I don't trust fast food places to keep the Mayo cold, so I don't order it with Mayo when eating out.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

Good mayo will have an egg in it. That means it's frequently a cause of food poisoning if left out at a dinner. If you go to enough gatherings where food is left out like a wedding, pot luck, church dinner, then you will end up sick because people have little experience and the host is harried and distracted and doesn't think.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

For a burger, it's gotta be mayo, red onions (preferably grilled), spinach instead of lettuce, cilantro if there's some handy, dill pickles and cheese, which of course makes it a cheeseburger. When makin 'em at home it's also gonna have a layer of fresh sliced jalapenos but NEVER the canned/pickled ones! If I get mustard on it, I'm sending it back, yuk.

For those talkin about Miracle Whip, it's what we always had in the fridge when I was growin up, but once I tasted mayonnaise I never used MW again! My Mom said when she and her sister were kids they'd eat Miracle Whip with a spoon right outta the jar, which is unimaginable!!

If I'm havin a ham sammich or a corny dog I'll usually go w/mustard though some type of seasoned mustard is the go-to on such occasions.

I bet there'll be a few raised brows on this one but I prefer mayo on my hot dogs too smiley

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@mrkim56 Mustard/mayo mix on a ham sandwich, yum,yum. smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 I can live with that. Just not on ground beef.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Yepper, not a bad mix there and if it's on some rich black pumpernickel bread ... oh baby, oh baby!!!!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@mrkim56 Ewww!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe It's all good man, just answerin your query. Hey, I'm even down w/mustard on tater tots but not on fries. I know, I know, both are fried taters but they seem to hit the palate differently, so ...
If we all ate, drank and liked the same things just think what a boring world it would be.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@mrkim56 You're right!

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

No to mayo! 🤢 But I haven't eaten a burger since last year, and can't remember the last time I ate fries.

Most restaurants that sell burgers in the UK will, more often that not, add mayo unless you ask them not to. If my food arrived with mayo I had to send it back. I would have been happier eating something smeared in Ebola lol

Also... "Good mayo will have an egg in it" If it doesn't contain eggs, it is NOT mayonnaise.

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I do.
But I'm Dutch, we put mayo on everything smiley

+4

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

Absolutely mayo FTW on anything and everything it suits. I like to also mix in some hot sauce with mayo ... gosh there's too much to share for the use of mayo. mmmm

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A LOL! I can't bear the thought of it, but I'll give you a thumbs up!!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe smiley Good thing I did not go into details about my love and use of mayo then , eh LOL +1 backatcha!

BTW keep up the awesome threads. I am not here often but when I am, I see your posts and before I can reply, they are already "closed" smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A I offend some people!

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe I notice that you get the Forum poppin' and members interacting with your threads no matter the topic. That's not easy to do and IMHO is great for the site.

There are some people who are ALWAYS offended and need a break!

Report comment
(4y)

@3UN01A Thanks! Just sitting on my hands isn't my style. Who likes boring people? LOL! Push a button....CLICK!

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Mayo & relish with a slice of cheese and lettuce. That's how I make them at home. Sometimes, I like them with just mustard and relish.

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Mayo. Not and i repeat not miracle whip!! smiley yellow mustard,sometimes a-1 and a must slice/slices of advacado.. Yummy smiley smiley

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@CollideDuhScope What IS Miracle Whip...anyway? It's a miracle that they SELL any of it!

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Miracle Whip and generic brands are basically Mayo with less oil (mayo must contain 65% veg oil to be called mayo MW and knock-off contain less and are called whipped dressing), more vinegar and the addition of sugar and spice.
BTW MW is always in the top 10-20 condiments sold each year (that doesn't include store brands). I keep both mayo and MW on hand and use depending on my mood and I need both to make homemade BigMac sauce.

+3

Report comment
(4y)
+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

Mustard yes Mayo hell no!!!!
Teeny💋

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 All right!!! That's more like it!

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

Mayo is a county in Ireland.

I'd never do that.

It'd be messy.

smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

I put Mayo in my hair once and God was it awful! I smelled it for a week after
Teeny💋

+2

Hide 16 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Teeny💋 smiley smiley smiley

I need better emojis.

The first thing that comes to mind is ... why? Were you having a bad hair day or something - that converted into a bad hair week?

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. LMAO... No it wasn't a bad hair day. Back in the 80's magazines suggested putting Mayo in your hair to help defrizz your hair. Similar to a hot oil treatment. Curly hair and high humidity don't go together, I was willing to try anything at that time. 💋💋

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 Well that explains the why ... and how do you manage to defrizz nowadays?

Is there such a thing as a defrizzbulator?

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Actually there is...lol💋

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Teeny💋 You jest, O teeny one but after exhaustive research we have discovered a world unknown to the average male.

And for any who may be suffering the slings and arrows of the FRIZZ, here is what the creme de la creme suggest ...

www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beaut...

And while you are there, you may want [SPOILER] for the weekend.

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Thank you as always but I didn't see the[SPOILER]II guess I will have to relook at page...I wouldn't want to miss that! 💋💋

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. "I need better emojis."
smiley dying to see what those might even BE!

Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) I was thinking of a "shock/horror/disbelief" one but I have no idea how that would look.

A Steinfield double take?

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Double-spit-take would be even better!!
Oooh and a cartoon gloved face-slap!!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 It's kind of like Skunk!

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 I remember the mayo in the hair thing, too. There was a time my friends and I would sit around with egg on our hair wrapped in cellophane, with mashed avocados on our faces, lol. And using lemon juice to lighten our hair in the sun. Kids today, eh, they know nothing of our struggles!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale One of my ex-wives used to spray something called Sun In onto her wet hair and then used a blow dryer. There was substantial lightening but it made her hair look flat and greasy.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@dramucom Sun In was around at the time, but a friends family had a fruit and veg stall in the market. So, free lemons for lighter hair, beetroots to turn it pink, and avocados and cucumbers for our faces.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale That is for damn sure! I've used beer as well back in the day. But I wouldn't recommend the Mayo hair treatment 💋💋

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Teeny💋 I cringe and gag if I get mayo on my finger... I don't think I could cope with smearing it on my head. lol. 🤮

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I would NEVER do it again! That was the worst thing ever, I have if I smelled it today bc of that...lol💋

+2

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

i put mayo where it belongs in the trash LOL seriously though i hate mayo! i can't even get it on me if i do i just cringe like crazy.

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@ChibiFan7 I understand!

expert
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Mayo on burgers or fries or whatever is like pizza. To each his own and whatever turns your crank. Me, I will try anything at least once just so I know what it tastes like and if I want to put ham on a pizza so be it. BTW an ice cream pizza is messy but GOOD! BTW you put the ice cream on just before serving.

I know the propensity of ham and pineapple pizza to revile some and be catnip to others but also where I live the pizza pzrlors would go out of business without it.

+2

God
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Disgusting for all the above reasons... And more.

I was trained in cooking school, chef trained and only FRESH mayonnaise is any good (the rest is just rubbish).

....hair food, face mask, anti fart medication, whatever. "Mayo" in jars is barf-ola to me given what I know about bacteria...

Otherwise, it's NOT mayonnaise. It's eggs, oil, lemon juice and about 20 preservatives to keep you from retching for a few hours. smiley

Truth.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,904 reviews • 122,486 films • 18,490 TV series