This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

They Psychology of Extremism (598 views, 25 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

www.healthguidance.org/entry/164...

Extremism describes any kind of exaggerated view. An obvious example of this then is political extremism, wherein a person or group of person holds highly extreme and black-and-white views regarding their politics and often incorporates ideals and attitudes that the rest of us would find offensive, impractical or plain wrong.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown You didn't even comment on it!

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

No I don't. I didn't write the article.

Hide 7 replies...

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Extremism. Mmm. Some engineers took an ancient Chinese toy that spun a metal ball by heating the water inside. And what do you know. With some Extremism, we had rail ways. Moving more stuff than ever thought possible. Taking people along just payed for the rails. Same for air travel. More stuff moved than people.
You want an Extremist view.. Take every one that has a gun, every one that makes a gun, every one that profits from guns. Put them all on one small island. And drop one nuke on them. Bet everyone else would think twice about following that path.
Well you did say Extreme.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

guru
Report comment
(5y)

The thing about extremists, if ignored they sulk and self destruct. Problem is they like to take others with them. Look at any aspect of life, Scientists and 'The Bomb' Politicians and just about everything they have no right to be in. Most of all Religions. That is a personal thought and nothing to do with anyone else.
Unless your an Extremist where you think every ones else life has something to do with you.
Not sure what the sickoanylists call that?
Or just plain old meglomania.
There was a song decades ago. Basically said " take all the so called world leaders, drop them in a fight pit, see who wins" Then shoot that one!
Trouble is it wouldn't change the system. Just make for a great betting sport.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

The ultimate in extreme.
"They don't agree with ME! Nuke them!" "Are you disagreeing with me?"

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 You're a wee biteen like a wind up toy today, aren't ya Egor? :) :) :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ Are you showing signs of extremist behavior? OR just poking a laugh at me? I love to laugh.
Explain 'biteen'??

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Wee, small bit. Haha sorry, it's a mainly County Mayo thing, but I have heard it elsewhere in the Country.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

But maybe you might read the article. SoylentBrown did not use quotation marks in her post to say she was not the author. The importance of marks like a comma and full stop in a sentence 'is like silly important to meaning'.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 That's a really good point. I didn't think of that!

guru
Report comment
(5y)

AnyWhoo This thread is dead.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Wow. Let me address a few things.

1. I just thought it was an interesting article, and the software didn't automatically put in the paragraph, so I did it manually.
2. I don't use spellcheck. I would rather just correct the mistake myself, but this forum software won't let me. Believe me, it drives me crazy that I can't correct it. smiley
3. It seems to me that some here only read posts to look for something to attack or argue with. That's indicative of a closed mind who fears any information that might contradict their internal narrative.
4. Have a great weekend everyone! smiley

+4

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown Thanks, you have a nice weekend, too.

There are a lot of nice people here as well, so I hope you've met some of them. :)

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown It's unfortunate "that some here only read posts to look for something to attack or argue with" but you're correct and not the only member with this experience. lots of other people don't even bother to post due to the same group of members that turn a topic into an insult attack - always go off topic and ruin a good thread. I am sorry you are having this experience and hopefully something is done about it. Please don't let it discourage you from posting future threads, comments, news and so on. Sometimes the best choice is to block people. I had to do this when I joined but that was when the block feature did not do much. Now it works wonders.

Thanks for sharing the article - have a great weekend!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@SoylentBrown No.3 is actually covered in the article you put a link for.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series