This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 209,037 reviews
122,536 films • 18,492 TV series

The Terror: Infamy Season 2 Trailer (453 views, 22 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

+5

Report comment
(4y)

Looks good but it seems the site is missing season 1 entirely

+1

Hide 15 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale No, its not the same show. Seen the Terror. Wasn't too impressed. Gave up on it after they killed the bear

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd The Terror is an anthology series, so every season is different.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale oh is it? My bad

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd I really enjoyed season 1. Minus the mythological aspects, the things those poor men had to endure are astounding. I knew a lot about the Franklin expedition and had read Dan Simmons' book before it aired.

Would have been nice to have had more Arctic/Antarctic endurance stories, but a Japanese internment camp sounds frightfully bleak. I can't wait!
George Takei is in it, too, which hopefully means the historical side will be portrayed accurately.

Edit - If you didn't know, Takei spent time in a couple of camps as a child.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale well, the trailer looks really good so I am hoping it will be better than season 1. Will certainly give it a go when it airs

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale The only thing I didn't like is that there were zero copies out with HC subs for the non-English Eskimo parts...and the last episode in particular had nearly 80% Eskimo.

I found that particularly frustrating.

We ended up making up our own dialog. lol

Report comment
(4y)

@ I was obviously lucky enough to catch all but 2 early episodes with the subs.

I know people complained about it dragging, but I enjoyed the slower pace. They were stuck in the ice for more than a year and a half before they vanished.

I was a bit disappointed by how they sped up the finale, though. They seemed to race to the finish line - [SPOILER]

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I agree!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Me too, I loved it!

+1

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@JudgeDredd [SPOILER] so you must have been impressed enough to watch the other 9 and a half episodes : )

Moderator notice from (4y)

Report comment
(4y)

@filtersweep Even if you are right, I have been sufficiently bored with it to endure 3 more episodes. I made it to ep.5, went through ep.6 almost in fast forward and on 7, I handed down the death sentence.

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd I was bored through out the season 1. Didn't find it good at all. The acting was great. It was way too slow. But watched all the episodes. Hope this one is going to be good. Not boring.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@xRimax I fully agree. Too slow indeed. The first 3 episodes had my full attention, on the next 3 I made sure I was doing something else at the same time. After that, whatever else I was doing seemed entirely more interesting.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd I did the same. Hoping and wishing something good will happen, but never happened!
Something tells me that this season will be same as well. Because the trailer is pretty good!

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

Season 1 was brilliant. So i'm not going to get my hopes up that this will match it but will definitely watch it. It will be a different 'animal' so to speak : )
the setting had a lot to do with the dread atmosphere in season 1.

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

hey-ho.. different strokes and all that : )

God
Report comment
(4y)

I'm excited about this. As others have mentioned, Season 1 was filled with spectacular acting, although the story moved just a wee bit too slowly. However, for me, that was partly because there were no HC subs for the non-English parts. It became tedious for me watching so much that I couldn't understand at all.

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

the slow pace was one of the refreshing things about this series.
room for characters to breathe and develop. the design, the sound was all carefully crafted and engaging. a big part of the story is about the attempt to survive in a hostile place and what men are reduced to in order to live. the action when it happens has more impact as a result. the last scene was really beautiful and haunts me still.
amazing show...

+1

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

OH Wow, I didn't know they were gonna do another season with a new story! How Awesome! smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

209,037 reviews • 122,536 films • 18,492 TV series