This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

The NEW ''NEWS''! SUGGESTION: AN OMG (or similar) click button for things that aren't 'likable' ? (1228 views, 19 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(6y)

I really like the new NEWS share that is on here, but some things might better be responded to with other emotions than 'I like it!' in case someone posts something gruesome or suchlike...lol

Just a thought :) Thanks again for the addition!

+2

admin
Report comment
(6y)

Basically it's just a thumbs up, up-vote button. If you believe the news deserves it.

+5

master
Report comment
(5y)

But it 'appears' to endorse and 'like' things like the serial killer East End Rapist story..or to 'like' the fact that thousands got washed out in a tsunami in Fiji...perhaps text could be changed to "Good Story!"

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine Renamed to 'Upvote'

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Still the same effect as "like". ---'Upvote" for the (often dreadful) content or simply sharing the post? <br> <br> I liked Pure Vodka's idea 'Thanks for posting". A generic that endorses nothing but the sharing of an interesting news story, whether it's horrible or inspiring or funny or whatever.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine Don't vote then.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks for your consideration and receptivity to the opinions others express.

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

If i read " any " News story, i will click like as a " Thanks For Posting ", guess for some clicking like, might make them feel uneasy with there being so many bad stories (crime) out there.

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Me too, until the day it was about some horror show I'd rather not have learned about. "Read" would do me fine. smiley

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

I prefer "thanks for posting" to "I like it" in those cases myself. <br> Some of the posts are not likable in content for sure.

+5

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine Don't use the button then.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil upvote* Does seem like a demand.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 no......

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Perhaps you should modify the "suggestions" to read "don't make any" then.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine I think that Upvote is fine. We use votes when we sort news (top)

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Three others besides me preferred "Thanks for posting". You like "Upvote" <br> That clears up whose opinion matters...lol

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@ThomasinaPaine Thanks for posting is not suitable here and too long.

master
Report comment
(5y)

People b**ched on Facebook till they added the tear drip sad emoji. My upvote is "thanks for posting". I'm good. most would know you didn't "enjoy" a horrific story Common sense. I know that is not very PC of me.

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I voted for the "thanks for posting" acknowledgement too. <br> It's simply better to say what you mean and mean what you say imho.

+5

God
Report comment
(5y)

When i post News stories, i check 1st to see if others have posted the same story from another media source. Nearly all my stories or less (say 95%+) then 24 hour old (most less than 12 hour). <br> I really like (especially the replies) the News section and like to post what i think others may like to read and i do like to read the other members uptodate interesting stories from overseas. But this reckless spam posting is making it hard to find the interesting stories and is clogging the chat box up (but i do like to see the updates in chat). <br> Best thing i can think of, is to award 1pt for each News story (yes i know that is not for on other members, what can you do). <br> <br> To all members, would you please give a upvote (i.e. Thanks For Posting/Sharing) for any of the stories you have read. This can help sift through the stories that have shown more interest or not, thanks. smiley

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series