This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,645 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

"The House That Jack Built" (2018) - Trailer (759 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(5y)

www.imdb.com/title/tt4003440/

"USA in the 1970s. We follow the highly intelligent Jack over a span of 12 years and are introduced to the murders that define Jack's development as a serial killer. We experience the story from Jack's point of view, while he postulates each murder is an artwork in itself. As the inevitable police intervention is drawing nearer, he is taking greater and greater risks in his attempt to create the ultimate artwork. Along the way we experience Jack's descriptions of his personal condition, problems and thoughts through a recurring conversation with the unknown Verge - a grotesque mixture of sophistry mixed with an almost childlike self-pity and psychopathic explanations. The House That Jack Built is a dark and sinister story, yet presented through a philosophical and occasional humorous tale."

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

The trailer for this film is really weird.

Only watching it will tell if what they are trying to do will work or not as a film.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

The first minute was enough for me - tiger licking lips, Larry the lamb looking tasty and David Bowie singing in the background. With these actors, what is not to like? I haven't made it through one film by the director yet so I am hoping he hasn't messed this up. And Dillon is back. Bring it on please, and soon. Any release date?

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. 14th December for Ireland.

14th November for Spain.

28th November for US (director's cut)

"Antichrist" and "Nymphomaniac" were really horrible (in my opinion).

I did like the episodes he directed of "Kingdom Hospital" (Stephen King), but you're spot on about me as well (like yourself) not making it through an entire film...

Report comment
(5y)

@ And I live in such an advanced country - LOL

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,645 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series