This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,387 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Staying Logged in (826 views, 9 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

My request is not Site related, but something I must have messed in my Chrome or Windows7 settings when clearing the browsing data.
There is something somewhere that I must have clicked on that apparently removes the cookies of all the places I visit daily or more often.
Can anyone please let me know where can I find the place within my Chrome or Windows settings to select the sites I want to keep the cookies when clearing the browsing data and cookies I don't want to keep ?
Thank you ! smiley smiley

Hide 8 replies...

@Marthig In Chrome go to Settings>Clear Browsing Data>Advanced. Rather then just the three check box options you get in Basic, where checking 'delete cookies' will remove all sign-in data, there are more options to choose from including one for passwords. So if you don't click that you keep them. Hope that makes sense.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ that's the ticket! :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

Report comment
(5y)

@bondojoe I just researched that saying at the word detective, as I was curious of it's origins. Apparently it's been around for a few centuries. I picked it up from my dad who got it more currently from Jon lovitz. Although bogie is way more classic! :) <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@sunshinedaydreams Jon Lovitz is no slouch! He was great in "A league of their own"!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Many thanks @Janerosity but I always skip that option about "deleting cookies". Still I have to log-in to almost all sites every time. It started to happen after that "blessed" change in May 25th that most sites adhered to something implemented in the EU ! Will try to use the IE tab and see if in that way I can keep the cookies of the sites I like. Anyway again many thanks for your reply (hugs)

@Marthig Ah yes, the 'blessed' GDPR. I am in the UK, and although we are going to be leaving the EU we are signed up to it. Take it from someone who works for a charity - which means we are dealing with sharing and holding information about our clients - it is a bloody nightmare trying to negotiate around the new rules.

Report comment
(5y)

@Marthig I don't use IE anymore, but if you use chrome and windows, it shouldn't matter what country your in. It's the software that controls if passwords are saved for a site. If you add those settings that is. What are you using to get online?

God
Report comment
(5y)

You might have your browser/pc set to clear all history when you log off. Do you shut down the pc when done or do you switch it off at the mains?

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,387 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series