This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,615 reviews
122,366 films • 18,472 TV series

Stairs to nowhere💋 (367 views, 23 replies)

This topic has been closed.

God
Report comment
(2y)

There is a recent movie about stairs in the woods that go nowhere. As bigsteve let me know that this is a real thing. I think this is fascinating so if course I Googled it and found some links💋

mybeautifuladventures.com/2020/1...

+3

God
Report comment
(2y)

+3

God
Report comment
(2y)

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 Beautiful,but a little creepy.It makes you wonder;why are they there?How did they get there?

+1

Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@tyetoes Apparently some people find themselves drawn to them but not knowing why. Read story I added below that I found when looking these up. 💋💋

skilled
Report comment
(2y)

Ooh, super spooky! I’d vaguely heard of these before (like I heard Channel Zero had a season about one, though I haven’t watched it myself). But I’ve never really looked into anything much about this phenomena before. It looks very interesting & creepy though. I’m definitely gonna check out more about it now!

PS: After looking at those pictures you posted above, I’m a bit creeped out. Lol. 😆 Because, while I’ve never come across any of those tall indoor looking staircases before (like the ones in the first pictures), I have actually come across that other kind (like the ones in the last two pictures) several different times before!
My state (and the next state over from me as well) are very woodsy/hilly and have lots of opportunity for hiking. While one of those tall indoor looking staircases, in the middle of the woods, would terrify me if I came upon it… I never thought much of it, the times I came upon that other type of steps.
My mind just wrote it off as, “Oh, look at these cute little steps in the middle of these woods,” lmao.
Read more

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@Juliannajane I read one story of 2 guys that came upon steps like these and they decided to go up them. When they got to the top they felt scared and went down. One hit said at the bottom he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around and no one was there💋💋

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Teeny💋 oh.wow,spooky!

+1

skilled
Report comment
(2y)

Not the mysterious, unaccounted for, ones that I’ve happened upon in the past…but here are some really cool, already known of, “Staircases to Nowhere” in my state:

Read more

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)

@Juliannajane Thank you for adding those beautiful pictures. They are creepy no matter why they are there. I just love mysterious subjects like this💋💋

+1

skilled
Report comment
(2y)

Me too. I find them to be very creepy either way. With the completely unexplained ones, the creepy factor is the unknown mystery part. But even the well known ones…like the remnants of Madame Sherri’s mansion in New Hampshire (from one of those pictures I commented)…sometimes still have a real creepy vibe. When one visits places like that they sometimes have a real ghostly feeling.

+1

Report comment
(2y)

Interesting....creepy with a touch of the supernatural. Personally I prefer more down to earth explanations for stairs that lead to nowhere. Case in point, the justification for their existence lies in outright stupidity:

And my personal favorite....the high tech version:

smiley smiley smiley smiley

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(2y)

@JudgeDredd smiley
The one with the awning through the door/window reminds me of a friend’s studio apartment during my college days. It was a tiny one in the city, where you climbed a ladder to a loft…a loft which the creator of the apartment had placed right through the top area of the front door so you had to duck to come in! 🤣

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Juliannajane I bet this must have caused a lot of headaches after drunken nights smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@JudgeDredd That it did, that it did. smiley Plus (along with several other bizarre & foolish oddities of that building & it’s apartments), at least one very confused mushroom tea adventure, as well! smiley

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Juliannajane smiley smiley Say no more. Back when I was in University and while on magic mushrooms, a friend of mine re-enacted the Romeo and Juliet balcony scene, with him playing the Romeo and a......duck (yes a duck from the nearby pond) playing the Juliet. Luckily for us Keanne (Romeo) did provide a translation of the duck's quacks while playing her part as Juliet. It was priceless smiley smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@JudgeDredd smiley That’s hilarious! smiley Oh the adventures had! One time, my two best friends and I spent two hours trying to solve a mystery of how my friend’s bathroom in her apartment suddenly didn’t seem to fit (like how it possibly fit, with this linen closet that it had in it, up against her bedroom and it’s closet). Had never noticed it before, but were suddenly convinced we’d found a secret room in the wall or something, lol. Crawling around in the linen closet with tape measures & stuff. smiley And one time as teens, a bunch of us had had the very brilliant idea to take acid for the first time, in the tiny park smack in the middle of our small town. Multiple adults we knew had later informed us of the odd scene their attention had been drawn to when driving by the park that afternoon….one of my friends had been lying on the ground, repeatedly rolling back & forth… her boyfriend had been passionately hugging a war monument that he’d climbed in the center of the park… another guy had been standing on the park’s tiny stage, appearing to give an overly excited speech to a non-existent crowd…and I’d been standing right up against a tree, with my face smushed against it…amongst other things (I still remember the whole little world I thought I was observing through a hole in that tree’s bar, lmao!) 🤣

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@Juliannajane I am going to suppose that this happened prior to the YouTube era. Otherwise I am sure this entire scene in the park would have been recorded by several bystanders, accumulating millions of hits on YouTube. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(2y)

@JudgeDredd For sure! smiley Luckily, my whole teen/college years were before that era, and therefore thankfully have no record of existence beyond a few random photos smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(2y)

Artistic representation of Infinity on a two-dimensional plane

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._C._Esch...

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@Nasos My tastes are easier :

+2

Report comment
(2y)

@Nasos I love his work💋💋

+2

guru
Report comment
(2y)

Wow Teeny quite the thread lol. Such controversy smiley
Naturally JD has to stick his honker in to deflate everyone else.
Imagine that... smiley smiley smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(2y)
(edited)

@CollideDuhScope Well thank you. Bigsteve actually gave me the idea. He said he had actually seen a set himself 💋💋

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,615 reviews • 122,366 films • 18,472 TV series