This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,708 reviews
122,388 films • 18,477 TV series

Slava Ukraini ! Victory for Ukraine! (441 views, 34 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

A surprise counter-attack in NE Ukraine has turned into a Russian rout, the invaders are abandoning their equipment and just running.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Doc, are you okay? I bet you are enjoying this!

+3

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless JD: this is not political so I put it under 'sport'. Kinda like hunting.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless It supports the owner of this site! It better not be taken down! It should be pinned or highlighted!

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless No worries. This site is Pro-Ukraine and anti-war. But if you cant avoid the latter, might as well give them Hell for it.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@JudgeDredd W00T!!! +10

+2

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Buttless YES!!!! Thank you my buttless friend for this post!

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak I expect Finland is helping Ukraine, NZ army trainers are there teaching artillery. Sometimes people must stand for what is right, and suddenly we have success.
smiley

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Sometimes?

ALWAYS. smiley

master
Report comment
(1y)

Just came in and saw this right off... I am srsly squealing!!
smiley So Many W00TS!!!

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@(⌐■_■) I will join you in a big Woot!
smiley

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

“Russian troops retreat victoriously, Ukrainian army runs after them in panic.” Russian military spokesperson today.
smiley smiley smiley

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Shouldn't that read "Russian Troops retreat in panic. Ukrainian Army victoriously runs after them" ? Anyways, well done !!

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@max_black Exactly!
What he said is so ridiculous...thats why I posted it. These guys are in some sort of parallel universe, and that is what the Russians see on their TV.

+4

Report comment
(1y)

@max_black It's quoted from a RUSSIAN military spokesperson.

Who retreats victoriously?? smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Exactly... smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak Putinists, Hitlerites, maybe a few others.... ;-) 3:-)

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

And the prize for bullsh1t goes to the Russian representative at the UN today.
How can anyone say this nonsense and expect to be taken seriously?

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I would hold off on popping the champagne bottles. The last time Russia withdrew from some place, Kiev, they regrouped and took over everything from Kherson, to Maruipol to Severdonetsk.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@MPA2000 Yes, there is still a long way to go. I am saving the champagne for the liberation of Crimea.

+1

expert
Report comment
(1y)

While Ukraine has won a major victory in the last couple days and I hope to see them fully liberate their land from the Hilt....I mean Putinists, the fight is far from over. It will be interesting to see if the Ukrainians can keep moving forward or if they have to catch their breath before making another push. What I do believe, is that if they have to pause it will be primarily because they were more successful than expected. Also keep an eye on the Kherson front - liberating that city before General Mud shows up will be the turning point. If they can not do it before then then it will have to be done either once winter is fully biting or in the late spring of next year. Just my guesses as an armchair military analyst who probably doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows..... ;-) :D

+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@waderex I agree with most of your points. Ukraine is doing well because they are getting funding and equipped by the US and Europe. For now at least.

If Trump had won the election, there would be no lethal aid from the US and the battle probably would have been over already.

What Ukraine and EU need to be concerned about now is that the US has an election this November, to elect new members of the House and Senate. It is expected Trump's party will win and take their positions on January 1st.

After they take over they most likely are going to ratchet down any aid and start inquiries about corruption between Ukraine, President Biden and Hunter Biden, his son.

Yes keep your eye on this fall and winter for the ground developments, but January is where you will need to pay attention to the politics in the US.

Moderator notice from JudgeDredd (1y)

Report comment
(1y)

@MPA2000 Yes it would have been over b/c Trump would have bent over backwards to play the role of Neville Chamberlain for Putin. And everything we have build post WW2 would be in tatters; our alliances system, our foreign trade, etc. China would have a green light to force Taiwan to surrender (probably by blockade rather than fighting) - that is one area I'll give Trump credit for is standing up to China but for the rest of his administration, I'd rather have a good POTUS like Reagan or Bush Sr. and none of the examples we've had since that generation passed from the political scene.

Yes, there is concern regarding our elections in Nov. But given that the MAGA Republicans have selected the worse possible candidates in many key races, I suspect that the D's will retain the federal Senate. And b/c the social conservatives have finally become the dog that has caught the car, but for gerrymandering, we would lose the House b/c of Dobbs.
Read more

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@waderex Oh, damn it! I did it again. That upbump was for you, JD.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@dubub There really needs to be a way that JD's Moderator Notices either eliminate the upvote for the poster, or stamp the notice over that part.

Or a way to take the vote back.

I feel your pain having done it myself multiple times.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@waderex Him being silenced for 7 days twice isn't even logical..
This place has gone to sh*t!

Report comment
(1y)

@waderex @Doc evil ... you promote this kinda chatter but give notice when someone has a different opinion.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

The chatter coming out of Russia has changed in the last week, Russians are questioning the BS on their TV.

Watch this space!

+3

guru
Report comment
(1y)

And @ you again JD everything's hunky dory until someone calls all the bullsh*t out!
To condone the video knowingly someone would make that very fine line of a mistake?
I see no honest difference between what he/she has said. And the fkn comments being made.

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)

It's always a very fine line. I'm just really sick of the sh*tty sh*t!

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,708 reviews • 122,388 films • 18,477 TV series