This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,383 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Respect moderators (3855 views, 80 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(4y)

Please show your respect to our moderators, they are working hard 24/7 (for free) to keep this site clean from spam and spammers. Don't attack them, help them and they will help you. smiley

Thank you smiley

+73

God
Report comment
(4y)

Thank you.

+36

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ About 7 months ago, I started a thread "Moderators - what do you have to do to get banned around here" as a reaction to some abuse by a few nasties.

I finished the thread with ...

"I would like to see another kind of mod, hands on and protecting the site from the scumbags who try to bring it down to their level".

I think we have found her and I think she is making it clear what will get you banned.

She is firm and she is getting attacked for it.

But she is working hard to make a difference and making the site a safer, better place for all.

Thank you RB and the mod team.

+16

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Arguing with the Ref seems to be a progressive disease these days. Arguing the point with a moderator warrants a time-out' -GC

+7

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Interesting. When I was complaining about the same thing, two or three of the Mods said only Dr. Evil has authority to ban anyone or remove their posts.

guru

Couldn't agree more! Their jobs on here are hard enough as it is without having to deal with too much BS too :)

+26

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
+9

Report comment
(4y)

@LissaDarkmoonšŸŒ˜ You're right and it is a hard job.

+7

@FemaleLotRfan83 Ruh Roh, I read "it's a hand job"
... that took a sec to recover from!

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

We loooove alllll mods! THANK YOU!!!

+13

Hide 8 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Adrianāˆž Um, thank you??

smiley smiley

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@ Ummm, you are welcome?

+2

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Adrianāˆž smiley

His enthusiasm kinda scared me. smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ That is because he is mad! AND seems to live in his moms basement

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@Adrianāˆž lol so my first response was good intuition? smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ Indeed it was. That guy owns 200.000 bretzels,chrchrchr.

+2

Report comment
(4y)
+3

@Adrianāˆž #waitaminute is he holding two d**ks?!!

+1

expert
Report comment
(4y)

Couldn't agree more....

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dandman Um, ok?

He always seemed a bit half cut to me.

smiley

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Totally agree. I respect them. :)

+7

Report comment
(4y)

Hey man...
Where adult movie genres
Is gone.?

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)
+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ Its so funny ha ha..
Yes Man..
I can't searching my favorite movies...

Report comment
(4y)

@piyong Well, it's not the appropriate thread, but you're actually not correct.

Why bring this to a "Respect the Moderators" thread?

That IS funny.

+5

Report comment
(4y)

Come on man.
Take it easy
I just...
Ah sh*t Forget it šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

Report comment
(4y)

I am so thankful for this site. Much Respect.

+8

master
Report comment
(4y)

I love everyone who makes this site what it is. I don't know what I'd do without it. Much respect to you all smiley

+11

God
Report comment
(4y)

Thank you.

+4

master

I appreciate the Mods here and Admin and all that they do to keep this site as great as it is. smiley

+9

God
Report comment
(4y)

+26

Hide 13 replies...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@āˆžAcesāˆž I'd respectfully add that common courtesy is a form of respect that is the first part of initiating an open dialogue, where mutual respect is demonstrated.

Without it, everything breaks down.

That type of respect is given without it, being earned, it is a "pay it forward" type of common respect that is vital.

Earned respect is more along the lines of trusting someone with your children and such things.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ Yes and even if you don't like or get along with someone you can still be courteous and polite, or make your point without name calling and degrading that person. We need a lot more of that around here if you ask me.

+7

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@rickgrimesrocks That's so true.

The way that language is used frequently is extremely inflammatory and meant to provoke.

That's not helpful on the site, or anywhere else in life.

Thanks for your reply.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ agree to disagree on your last sentence. It is not just for trust with kids. Just because someone is a mod means nothing. I have met some complete jerk off GOD like mods, and busy body mods, that while they do things for a site, it's not always good. I think all respect must be earned in all areas of life.

+3

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@sunshinedaydreams In a dialogue if one starts off being combative, it's very difficult to recover from that.

I was expressing that common courtesy is different in that way in the form of an open dialogue.

I agree that many forms of respect are earned.

I'm sorry you've been bullied.

Thanks for sharing your feelings.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@āˆžAcesāˆž thats accectly the way i see it buddy you never go wrong like that.respect guys and girl i would never attack one of you cause you make this site whhat it is and i love it.thank you for all the work you guys do you too aces your always willing to help lets make this site even greater then it is,lol. smiley smiley smiley

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@swans2525 You are always nice to everyone.

smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ you are too dear and also helpful always i really love this site its such a difference with the other site you know what i mean.i was often sad there here i,m always happy,i,m so glad i found this site and its good you became a mod too,youlike to help people now you can lol have a great day RB i come knocking later i have some little problem i tell you later byby everybody a wonderful day. smiley smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@swans2525 Thank you. That means a lot to me.

I remember what you're talking about. It was awful. I am delighted you've found a friendly home here.

Chat to you then. smiley

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@āˆžAcesāˆž AMEN, that is what I'm sayin' nobody just gets it, you earn it.

+6

Report comment
(4y)

@āˆžAcesāˆž Aces is Aces!!! Much love!

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@āˆžAcesāˆž Now those are real words of wisdom...

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@āˆžAcesāˆž While I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment, there are some supposed adults that seem to need an awful lot of coddling. I honestly, don't know where our moderators find the patience to deal with them. -GC

+2

expert
Report comment
(4y)

love you all smiley

+4

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@slappyslippy Love you back, Slappy.

smiley smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

Thank you for your time, mods!

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@fb115 You're welcome.

Thank you for taking the time to write that to all of us.

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

We have good mods.

+4

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

word.

+6

master

xx0x0xx + smiley

+3

God
Report comment
(4y)

Sending all mods love, peace and happiness!
šŸ’‹šŸ’‹šŸ’‹

+4

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Thanks for the hard work at keeping us all happy you rock moderators Stop the meanness you that make it so hard for those greats just trying to keep us all happy with our gifts of pure fun that keeps us all happy and laughing loud.. xx

+3

guru
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Dr.Evil After the modding on the movie "Unplanned"... I don't hold much respect for some mods. I held my tongue, but "respect" is earned. Picking favorites due to political positions and punishing those that don't hold their positions is partisan.

+3

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Sighlass Agreed. Surprising for surešŸ’€

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@PTSDāœž The comments section on the movie site is for reviews. If you want to start a political debate, create a thread. -GC

+11

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@saxon901 Has nothing to do with political debate. I was simply replying to a comment about Sighlass's comment. If you reread what I stated, it stated I "agreed. Surprising for sure"...

Don't re-read to much into what I stated...

i simply stated that I was surprised.
I saw hypocrisy in that review section from someone that did NOT see the movie.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Sighlass The comments section on the movie site is for reviews. If you want to start a political debate, create a thread. -GC

+8

@saxon901 Totally agreed with you on this. People drag all kinds of crap places where it shouldn't be. It just causes friction which isn't a good thing at all.

+4

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@saxon901 Most people confuse the two distinct types of respect into one form it seems.

1. Respect for a person as a human being, and;

2. Respect for a person as an authority figure.

Respect for authority is not the same as respect for a human being.

One is earned, and one is shown as a form of respect for the privilege of getting or doing something (in this case being on a free site and following the rules and the authority of those who have been appointed to uphold them).

However, the respect for authority can evolve into respect as a person under the right circumstances. The best example of that would be successful parenting where the grown child becomes a true friend to their parent and visa versa.

Report comment
(4y)

@Sighlass Amen !

Report comment
(4y)

Big ups to you guys... N gals!

+3

skilled
Report comment
(4y)

What he said...

+4

master
Report comment
(4y)

While I believe that anyone that attacks a site moderator is clearly not playing with a full deck, the flip side is that I believe the moderators on this site have overreached. The seeming ease with which someone can be banned and what passes for ban-able "offenses" has basically had a chilling effect on the site. Why chat if there's a chance you can be banned for something someone takes the wrong way? I mentioned a book author's name on here one day (his first two names are Philip and K.), and was "muted" by the system. It seems there are people on here who basically have set to systematically suppress anything they don't want to hear...and they've apparently succeeded.
While I generally try never to offend, some people are looking to be offended. They don't belong out in the "relatively safe" environment of the Internet, and certainly not in the real world. They need to stay at home, unplug and live in their safe space.
Bottom line: I don't chat anymore, and the sad part is, I'm not even tempted to rejoin chat because no one is saying anything interesting (fear rules), and many others have apparently left (or been ejected).
Read more

+3

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@TRCIII Chat has died a death. Between people continuing to hold grudges spilled over from news, bringing their petty drama to chat and the constant moaning about chat topics, why bother?

I was likened to cancer by someone in chat yesterday, blaming me for the sulkers being on chat-strike, lol, wtf.

+5

@TRCIII I agree with some of what you are saying but a couple of users here seem to think it's okay to bad mouth people on chat and it's one of the reasons I avoid it lately, unless those users aren't there.

The Mod's wouldn't have to get involved with that if people weren't idiots. I haven't seen people being chat banned unless there's an actual reason for it at all.

+5

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@TRCIII If "system" mutes you, the moderators have nothing to do with it.

I cannot believe anyone would purposely mute you for writing Phillip K. Dick.

It just seems absurd.

+4

God
Report comment
(4y)

Thank you to everyone who positively contributes to this site. Also much thanks to Doc and all the moderators for all you do. This is the best sure out there and that is bc of y'all and the great people on here. I love you all!
TeenyšŸ’‹šŸ’‹šŸ’‹

+4

master
Report comment
(4y)

Good luck. I see a lot of arse kissers in this thread saying wonderfull great goodness about the staff, but I've been here long enough to know these people as they really are (lols).. Watch your backs and don't trust anyone. Even some of the staff has been backstabby (oh yeah). Best bet, keep your head down and go forward and don't try too hard, you'll get tired and fed up, Say F' it like I did and quit. This is a hard and downright messed up place to try to change things at, seriously.. (I can tell that 'Evilloophole' is still in effect) This isn't the BEST place, but us people that have been staff here have tried, and its a good place. Even with some of those mest up peoples still here..

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Really sad that this type of post even needs to be made. People are just so selfish and inconsiderate. Being a mod is hard work. I know, I'm a mod in several Facebook groups, especially when you consider it's a volunteer job. I for one am grateful for what the mod team does here, even though I don't fully know all they do. Thank you thank you thank you!

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@augusts1 Thank you, Augusts. I've known you for a while now and not just from here, I appreciate you noticing that.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ You're very welcome dear; It is odd to think we have a history now haha. But it has been over a year and a half now at least. I'm very glad for it!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

my god....chat is closed...lol...who can do that and why.. please explain

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@polishdeli Yep, you've been banned 6 times.

Go get a life.

Noemiblianco68.

+4

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,383 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series