This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,695 reviews
122,387 films • 18,475 TV series

Reliability of uploaders (897 views, 55 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

A year ago, he'll even 6 months ago, I would have happily recommended this site to anyone. Shows were uploaded quickly and there were few problems. However, in the past few months it seems that that guarantee has gone out the window. Shows that were once uploaded within one or two hours of airing are now getting uploaded later and later: the July first edition of WWE Raw still has not been uploaded, nor has the July second Smackdown. It's now 24 hours since ABC aired their Sunday night game shows and still no upload. What's going on? Seems this a problem which is getting worse rather than better.

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

It is now 1 am in the west. Of the 37 shows listed in the tv schedule section, 11 have been uploaded. That is just unacceptable.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Twiggy1957 you too can link hunt and upload. It really isn't "someones" job it's every ones.Those apparently aren't favored shows. These are just people with actual jobs and real lives. Make it a plan to record or find and up load them. Help keep things current.

+3

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

It's been one hour since my last post and only ONE show has been uploaded. So happy to see prompt(?????) uploads.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Twiggy1957 Dude, seriously ... you can just make the request about the show nicely, if it is out there, linkers will up it, sometime the show are late or not out, cause the scene release group not capping the episode or late releasing it.

+9

Report comment
(4y)

@∞Aces∞ Precisely.

+4

God
Report comment
(4y)

Are you actually serious? smiley

This is a FREE site.

If its unacceptable, then find the shows yourself.

smiley

+4

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ Free has nothing to do with my complaint. Shows were posted promptly before, now they are not, that is my complaint. If a person decides to become an uploaded then they accept the fact that shows are expected to be posted within a certain acceptable time. If that can't be done, then don't be an uploader. And be mature enough to accept the critism and try to fix the problem rather than question the seriousness of the complaint and/or the person making the complaint.

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Twiggy1957 Actually, I won't accept an unwarranted and unconstructive criticism because...

You obviously don't understand the process behind a free site with unpaid help as well as actually uploading, linking, and all the time and money involved in the equipment, bandwidth, trying to find shows and films, making cam copies, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sorry you're so unhappy.

The material your asking for doesn't spring up according to some natural event and it has absolutely nothing to do with uploaders or linkers being reliable.

Best of luck with your shows.

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@ It almost seems like you think that since this is a free site I should accept substandard performance. I don't agree with that. As for your unimpressive attempt at trying to explain how much sacrifice a person puts into this site, I don't care. When that person decided to invest time and money into uploading, they have to accept what comes along with it. I can't imagine anyone going into it blindly. That investment needs to be used to its fullest potential, and in some cases, it isn't. That's where the reliability comes in.

You are a moderator, so you should also be aware that many shows aren't being uploaded as promptly as in the past. That's also a form of unrealibility. I've made a complaint because I'd like to know why. You replied, but don't seem to care it's happening. But then this is a free site so I guess I shouldn't expect any level of professional behaviour from unpaid help.

+3

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Twiggy1957 Um, well, yeah.

I have nothing else to add.

I look forward to your site!

smiley

+6

Report comment
(4y)

@Twiggy1957 It would be impossible there are to many shows and movies out there to have every episode of every show and movie. Shows are up loaded by people who watch them and add so others can see

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@ YEAH, its been tough for free movie sites since the main "notorious pirate site"got into trouble,and literally fell apart.I did find "the Beach"(2000)w/Leonardo DiCaprio, on another site,and gave the info. to "please post this movie"whatever its called, cause there were copies,good ones,online.Anyone can do this, and then post the info. here.I was pleased to find it.Chances are, your movie may be out there still. smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ (and it will help you feel better.to search,f ind em,realize you got some power.)smiley

+1

admin
Report comment
(4y)

Use paid subscriptions if you want to watch them fast. It's stupid to complain about free stuff.

+12

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil smiley A very simple solution.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks for calling me stupid.

Report comment
(4y)

@Twiggy1957 That's you said, not me. Read again my message.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil (the action is "stupid,"not the person.He did not call you that name.)

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 Wrong "@" Clara. smiley

I agree, but make sure you hit the correct "reply" member /person.

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@Twiggy1957 What?

You just called the owner of the site who's essentially paying your cable bill unprofessional, sloppy, unreliable, and basically treated him like an 1800s slave owner would have.

I'm waiting for you to actually show us those all too easy links to find???

Shame shame.

Pot-kettle-black!

master
Report comment
(4y)

I love the TV and films section in this site. Saved me over £130 a month on Sky fees, and I couldn't care if I'm seen as kissing arse or not but the fact these guys are doing it off their own back and for free is brilliant.

Theres other sites out there but this is the best by far and I dont even have links for the others now. So if this place goes down I'm ****ed.

God speed you sexy little submitters

+11

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@MarkRowley Yay! Go team Two-Movies! smiley

+5

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Am I the only one who has a mental image of Twiggy raising a ruckus because the shoes she wants to buy at a second-hand/slightly used store are a little scuffed on the bottom?

+6

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@RiverTam Great analogy. I'm far too logical for any of this entitlement nonsense.

Thank you! smiley

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ Thanks. It was based in reality. I used to collect small bottles. I used them in my spice rack to add a little flair and as decorative bric-a-brac. A woman in the "Goodwill Store" was adamant that she would not pay $2 for a top as it was slightly faded smiley .
As I was leaving and she was still throwing a fit I noticed she had shoes in her cart. I considered staying to watch but I can't handle that much stupid all at once smiley .

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@RiverTam Not a "she".

Report comment
(4y)

@Twiggy1957 I will apologize for that. Twiggy is a famous female model so I drew a parallel. My nom de plume is a famous female character from "Firefly" and I am female so you can see my confusion.
The rest of my comment I stand by.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@RiverTam 2ND-HAND STORE-SHOES ARE USUALLY GROUND INTO THE EARTH.) smiley

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@clarachan1355 Agreed....usually. I never shopped there for clothing, just bric-a-brac and on several occasions I found some really nice artwork.
I did buy one pair of shoes...I had to. I happened to glance at the shoes as I was walking by and saw a pair of open-toe pumps with red soles smiley . Sure enough they were Christian Louboutin in my size, barely worn and priced at $5 smiley! I was on cloud 9. I looked online later and found that they retailed for $$595, and they fit perfectly smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@RiverTam wow great!!

Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 I almost felt guilty for not saying "You can get A LOT more than $5 for these"..... just not guilty enough to actually open my mouth...LOL.

master
Report comment
(4y)

If you would have went about this in a more polite manner you probably would have gotten a response more along the lines of what you were looking for. Acting like a service that is provided for free has to offer the same speed as pay services is just ridiculous. The uploaders on this site spend a lot of time doing this either for very little money or no money at all. You insulting them is ridiculous. And no just bc they decided to be uploaders doesn't mean they have to listen to your complaints and rudeness. Like others have said, if you want quicker service then pay for it or find a better site, which I highly doubt you will find. This is the best one I've found and I've seen a lot of them. Next time maybe try being more polite and asking nicely for what you want. Like they say, you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

+8

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@rickgrimesrocks I do understand the frustration though; i get basic cable tv,with the addition of TMC,and its horrible.here i am paying a 3-cornered big bill,phone,net,and cable,and the CABLE STINKS.there are practically NO MOVIES ON IT except the old movies unless i wanta try getting into more "pay more"-stuff usually just to see more older movies!! I mean, many of us ALREADY PAY for movie services(cable), and they suck! I guess some of us figure "I'm mad as Hell,and i'm not going to take it any more!!"--not pay for MORE PAY TO SEE-- BUT its because all entertainment systems are all owned by huge monopolies, high priced, and they suck!!!. So i understand "I can't get no satisfaction!!!"me too. I read more books.Even used bookstores are cheaper.--I thank the God of books!! smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

+12

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

This is good lesson for future me-me-me-moaners. There is a way of drawing attention to missing episodes, movies, sporting events, etc, without resorting to being a belligerent douche-nozzle.

There are many reasons series and one off events can be missed by the uploaders. Many of them submit links to a number of sites and can sometimes miss one. A lot of the links you will find on TM are user submitted after they are requested and sourced elsewhere.

A polite nudge to a known uploader (check previous episodes/related series for their name) is usually enough to get it added. Or a simple request in the forum. There are a multitude of folk here only too willing to help - for the meager price of a 'please'.

Berating and complaining gets you a forum slap, on Santa's naughty list, and will dissuade anyone from being any help to you in the future.

+9

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I like purple. Need more purple. Upload. Now.

+6

Report comment
(4y)

@ What took you so long? We have been waiting days and days for this.

+7

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@RiverTam Only days? Some have been waiting all our lives for the purple sign. smiley

The heavenly bird has revealed the one true faith for the 2mooobers. smiley

O wise one - the infinitive purple bubbles maker - Speak and we shall listen. smiley

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. (but wearing all purple is not a good sign.)

+1

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@RiverTam Lol let's revere our beloved linkers and uploaders... AND Dr Evil without whom we would NOT have this site!!!

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ In the best two-movies tradition and in my best Yul Brynner/Rameses I voice (which sounds more like Minnie Mouse than a Pharaoh) "So it shall be written. So it shall be done."

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@RiverTam "The Ten Commandments"?my fave!!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ FAB-U-LOUS!!!PURPLE was the color of royalty,yah know.Probably cause the dye was expensive,so royalty sucked up all the dye,and the poor wore "beige","khaki" and "olive green,"often paired with "mud-colored."sigh-- the whole reason bright accessories were born!!shawls,scarves,colored tights,and tie-dye.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Wouldn't we have to upload the actual film to one of the sites we hook up to?--not us?

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 Not necessarily, no. There are dozens of other sites with links to source. And when that isn't an option, some will upload their own copies.

Which is why people should complain less and be courteous when requesting links. Most don't contribute for money, they do it for the betterment of the site and community.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

Well I for one, appreciate this site for exactly what it is! I work crazy hours in the ER, so I do not get to watch much TV, after I found this site (actually recommended to me) I cancelled my Cable altogether which was a savings of $189 month...switched internet to my cell phone and land line phone company (saved even more by bundling), now can get movies from here, and catch up on the only 4 TV shows I care about, and save about a total of $240 a month!!! So to the person who started this "thread" have more respect for the ones who work hard to keep this site FREE...plenty of other movie sites out there that will gladly take your money, BUT not guarantee to have the latest of movies, or even care about the quality of them...I just find it very childish to ,look a gift horse in the mouth , so to speak....just be greatful and say Thank you once in awhile!!!!

+6

God
Report comment
(4y)

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,695 reviews • 122,387 films • 18,475 TV series