This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,781 reviews
122,426 films • 18,483 TV series

Raging Bulls in Pamplona, Navarra (Spain). (339 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

The festival of San Fermín is a week-long, historically rooted celebration held annually in the city of Pamplona, Navarra, Spain.

The celebrations kick off at noon on the sixth of July, when the party starts with the setting off the fireworks (txupinazo) and continue until midnight, on the fourteenth of July, with the singing of the Pobre de Mí.

While its most famous event is the encierro, or the running of the bulls, at 8:00 AM from July 7 to 14, the festival involves many other traditional and folkloric events.

It is known locally as Sanfermines and is held in honor of Saint Fermin, the patron saint of Navarre.
Read more

+2

senior master
Report comment
(4y)

For anyone interested in watching the bull run @08:00 CET ...

www.rtve.es/directo/la-1/

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. smiley this is so interesting

+1

Report comment
(4y)

smiley smiley smiley smiley

It is a one in a lifetime event. I truly wish I could witness it once (and I most certainly will at some point). When it comes down to bull festivals though, with all the respect to San Fermin, I am more partial to the festivals held in Terceira Island in the Azores. The reason, for me at least, is that the bull actually does win (several times in a row too) there smiley smiley smiley

A small preview of what I mean:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qblCR99...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tmHjQQ...

To participate there, one must have a good life insurance, plenty of spare pants and underwear and a chastity belt, which would probably be a good idea if one plans to procreate in the future smiley smiley smiley

+2

senior master
Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

Portuguese geezers! Not a clue. Crazy dangerous.

Before in Pamplona the runners (especially the foreigners) used to get very oiled up during the night (a local favourite tipple is red wine with Coca Cola) in order to face the bulls at 08:00, but they were a hazard to the serious participants, so now they pull out anyone who they think may be "over the limit" and the amount of goring and deaths have reduced quite a bit.

I still can't get over that they show it LIVE each morning on the first channel of the public broadcaster - Breakfast with the Bulls! (in the hope that the bulls may do a bit of damage).

Gora San Fermín! Gora!

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,781 reviews • 122,426 films • 18,483 TV series