This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,254 reviews
122,251 films • 18,445 TV series

Off The Bookshelf - The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling). (274 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Available to view here ...

Season 1 - dosmovies.com/tv/Strike

+3

guru
Report comment
(1y)

Thanks. Here is one you can read online
efrem.net/robert-galbraith/42341...
Here is one by one of my favorite authors about a one-armed detective in Canada.
efrem.net/trevanian/226205-the_m...

+3

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Wander I like the voice select feature.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@Wander A very useful link.

I wasn't familiar with the book/author you recommended but I will be including his material in the future.

A double thanks Wander. smiley

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@..box.. lol at first speed glance I thought you wrote [SPOILER] smiley

smiley

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@..box.. You are welcome. I like the dark screen feature. Trevanian wrote one you might have heard of called The Eiger Sanction. It was a Clint Eastwood movie too. In the follow-up book, The Loo Sanction, he wrote about a group of art thieves hiring some expert art forgers to make copies of some masterworks at this one museum, I forget which one, they then break into the museum and steal some pictures right off the walls or out of their frames while at the same time they were replacing the real masterworks with the expert forgeries. They get away. Authorities recover much of the art stolen off the walls because they knew what to look for, but no one noticed they replaced masterpieces for years and the thieves have plenty of time to sell them for top dollar on the art black market. That is a small part at the start of the book that sets up the plot. OK. 2 Years after the book came out, someone did exactly what he wrote and it was years before someone noticed the first forgery. ...
Read more

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Wonderful anecdote. smiley

The two books you mentioned here along with the one-armed detective in Canada are in preparation mode for distribution on Santa's Sleigh along with something extra.

WATCH THIS FORUM SPACE.

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,254 reviews • 122,251 films • 18,445 TV series