This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,749 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

Lost Atlantis: History, not myth (243 views, 5 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

On February 20, 2009, Bernie Bamford, a British aeronautical engineer roaming in Gogle Earth, spotted underwater formations reminiscent of building blocks.

They were located about 600 km north-west of the island of La Palma in the Canary Islands or 400 km south-west of the island of Madeira.

Atlantis, of course, existed and was where Plato places it in Timaeus. Atlantis was located right in the mid-ocean ridge of the Atlantic, at the point where the African / Eurasian is moving away from the corresponding North / South American plate. As is well known, due to the distance between the plates, the Atlantic Ocean grows 2 cm each year. The Azores and the Antilles may be remnants of Atlantis (mountain peaks that remained or even new islands that emerged). According to Plato's testimony, which is historical and recorded in Timaeus and Kritias, there are hundreds of traditions on the other side of the Atlantic. For all the peoples of both sides of the Atlantic there is the myth of Atlantis, which means that in the memory of ancient people the existence of the continent was abolished and that the myth - that is, oral history and tradition - was lost in the centuries.
Read more

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

Or it could be the war between Neanderthal and Homo sapiens that according to the recent scientific findings were around the today's Mediterranean region and not migrated from Africa to Asia and later there as suggested before. Greek and Egyptian Mythology, later the Jewish have many ancient facts altered through fictional lens so that common people could understand them : Deucalion and Pyrrha in Greece, later the Noah's Arc from the Jews. Pandora Box from the Greeks - The snake and the Apple in paradise from the Jews... Hmmm Seen the latest docu film. Could be only wishful thinking the cobblestone like formations and the only true missing link is a possible connection of Greeks - Phynicians or both of them in places they were living together with some early American Tribes. Thus the God they worshiped. I read about him a lot. I find reasonable for many years that the astronomy and soime of the mechanics in the South American tribes must have been adopted from very early settlers from the Mediterranean region. ...
Read more

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Nasos My university anthropology agrees with that supposition certainly. There's evidence for that as well as plenty of genetic assimilation. I know quite a few people with Neanderthal dna. There also may be a connection to the Roman hatred for Carthaginians based on that idea.

All of the existing Mediterranean cultures are good sources for deeper investigation regarding their mythic & oral traditions. I also think there's something to be found in the Caucuses Mountains with the Armenian culture as well as the extinct Etruscans.

The Egyptians, Mesopotamians, Canaanites, Sumerian, Babylonian cultures are a big deal when looking at whom they traded with, including Ethiopians but also the Hebrews due to high warfare contact. Some more than others have better records, mostly the Egyptians since it has been argued that the Egyptian (Kemetian) people are actually Atlantian survivors. No idea about that, but it's a provactive notion. The Hebrews were held by them, the Babylonians & so many other cultures that they picked much of those other histories & made them their own.
Read more

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Nasos That's interesting.

How is this being supported in other than theory?

Many have tried to locate this "lost" city / country and failed.

Many have scanned the ocean floor in the supposed region, and come up with seemingly "man made" structures, only to have this swept away with other identical structures made by ocean currents themselves.

I love the myth, or the tale, as all these tales folktales, etc. are well known to be rooted in some very real truth.

In my country, Finland, Norse folktales abound, and they most certainly warnings and always carry a large element of truth.

I believe there once could have been an Atlantis!

We are now living an age to witness the seas rising.

Fascinating subject. Thank you.

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@DontSpeak I agree with you. It seems my words wasn't quite understood. I don't agree, I think it's only a far theory about this formations. The ones in the beginning. I am trying to give more simple explanations. Concerning the war between Atlantians and Athenians : They may hide some far ancient facts and because Greek , Assyrian , Jew Cosmology used metaphors, allegories etc I suggested about the wars of Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens. I also say I find quite possible, theoretical and something that needs to be investigated or revealed, some cultural exchange between , not only Greeks but Phoenicians, that used to make common colonies with them, and the South American ancient cultures. The common Hindo-European language origins and migration, as i said many times in anysubj can't fill many spaces and it's done around Hitlers and close theoreticians matching some nations cultures easily. ...
Read more

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Nasos " Could be only wishful thinking the cobblestone like formations and the only true missing link is a possible connection of Greeks - Phynicians or both of them in places they were living together with some early American Tribes. Thus the God they worshiped. "

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,749 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series