This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,721 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Incorrect movie shows up in search (239 views, 6 replies)

This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

I searched for "Poltergeist" and it shows a movie called "Moonlighting" and the title of the movie shows up on the cover art. But the title link says "Poltergeist III (1987) Comedy/Drama/Mystery/Romance and when you go to the movie is shows the same cover art and the same poltergeist III (1987) title. I thought it was just a error on the search but there it is also.

Another issue with the "Moonlighting" is it shows in the poltergeist "Movie" section and when you search for the movie "Moonlighting" it shows a movie made in it shows a movie from (1982) with a different cover art. And then you seen the "Moonlighting" from the poltergeist search and it shows its a TV Show and not a movie. And it says its from (1985).

Actual link for "Poltergeist III (1988) > dosmovies.com/film/Poltergeist_I...
Page Search for Poltergeist > dosmovies.com/search/?criteria=t...
Read more

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Use the IMDB number, not the name in the search. That's what the search feature here keys on.

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak But I think its just odd that the title is "Poltergeist 3" and the cover art and the movie is actually "Moonlighting". All other stuff shows up correctly. Everything with the word "Poltergeist" in the title shows up on the search.But moonlight also shows up. Which I found a bit odd. I never use imdb title numbers to find movies on here that is why I never noticed it like this before.

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@CosmoQueen88 This system doesn't give accurate results with the name or alphabetic, as stated above. It keys off of IMDB.

Cover art is separate. There aren't enough people doing that, and it really doesn't matter. The owner is fighting for his life in Ukraine. This isn't really all that important in light of that real life situation.

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

I understand but I didn't know the information was coming from IMDB like that and I just noticed it today when searching for the poltergeist movies and brought it up on the "Site Bugs, Errors" because I never noticed it before so I posted in there because I thought it was a error. Your right its not a big deal but I just noticed it. That was all there was to it really.

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@CosmoQueen88 And yet, later that same day, @Don'tSpeak whinged at Dr Evil, and begged him to come erase an entire forum thread because she is bored with it. smiley

You did nothing wrong and everything right the way you are supposed to according to protocol. smiley

Thank you for taking the time to do so. smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@michael59 I did no such thing. Bored with a thread? Whinged and begged. LOL smiley

I was helping this member to understand that this so called PROTOCOL you refer to is best attained by using the IMDB.

It's nice that you have so much time to critisise others, whilst advising to skip vaccinations. smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,721 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series