This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,917 reviews
122,494 films • 18,490 TV series

Common silly things in TV shows (630 views, 11 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

My pet favorites are squealing tires. Some shows even have it when the car is on grass and even dirt. Second one is when doors are kicked open. I mean, really! Ever tried it? Even a cheap door in a wood frame. Your more likely to put your foot through a cheap door, ripping your leg up than busting the lock. Half reasonable door.. Broken bones.
They don't detract from my enjoying the show. Just make me smile.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 My sentiments exactly.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I love murder mystery shows. Usually get the who quite quick. Not the why. But have noticed on the good shows, the baddie is usually in scene within the first 10 mins. If you like this type of show, try finding some of the early "Taggart". So many red herrings you could easily open your own fish n chip shop.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 "Ther's been muurrderr"

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I hate when characters constantly remind the audience of whats happening in the plot - like we've forgotten the last 10 minutes of a 42 minute show. It seems most TV networks today like to cater for the lowest common denominator, which means the planet is doomed if there are that many morons around lol

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale That seems to an American thing. Having to allow for mind numbing adds every few minutes.

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 In the UK, unless you are watching BBC or subscription (Netflix, Amazon etc) shows that are billed as 1 hour will still only be 42/46 minutes long with adverts. We just don't have them as frequent, but they are slightly longer in length.

Report comment
(5y)

@DemandingFemale Totally why I use sites like this and my TV is gathering dust in storage.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Egor17 Amen to that. Other than the Grand Prix and a bit of football I can't remember the last time we watched live TV.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Another fav silly. Secret tracking devices have flashing lights and some even beep!

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,917 reviews • 122,494 films • 18,490 TV series