This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,755 reviews
122,412 films • 18,479 TV series

Recommmended TV Shows ⭐️ (2215 views, 134 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I think this will be a fun thread for everyone to join in and a place where we can share with others. <br> <br> Simply post your recommendations for anything that is NOT a Movie because there is already a "Recommended Movies" tab for that. <br> <br> I have so many gems to share but I will start with these 4: <br> <br> Happy! (2017) <br> Safe (2018) <br> The OA (2016) <br> Thirteen (2016) <br> <br> smiley <br> Have fun! <br> <br> *Recommended TV Shows ⭐️ <br>

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Gypsy" <br> TV Series (2017) <br> Drama, Thriller <br> <br> Storyline: Therapist Jean Holloway becomes too immersed in the lives of her patients. <br> <br> IMDB: www.imdb.com/title/tt5503718 <br> <br> Starring: Naomi Watts <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Gypsy.... <br> <br> smiley

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A @laylaandpaz

hope you find some hidden gems ;)

*bumped

senior master
Report comment
(5y)
+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)
+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)
+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Safe (2018) <br> starring Michael C Hall <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Safe_2018....

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Thirteen (2016) <br> starring Jodie Corner <br> <br> 26-year-old Ivy Moxam steps out of an ordinary house, on an ordinary street, on an ordinary day. Ivy hasn't been seen for thirteen years, she was kidnapped in 2003 at the age of thirteen. <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Thirteen....

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

senior master
Report comment
(5y)
+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)
+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A This is an outstanding series and I highly recommened it as well. I hope they make the other 2 Takeshi Kovacs novels. One of my favorite scifi characters and worlds in which it takes place. Brilliant!

Report comment
(5y)

@gustave13 This was a series I had to watch twice to grasp and is also my fave sic-fi look forward to more although I don't think many will be as well done. It's definitely underrated as so many people have yet to watch this. I specifically loved Joe K in this and originally why I watched.

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I definitely understand, having read the book series put me at an advantage watching. A lot of people shied away or got turned off due to the transitions in time and sleeves (great concept & name, by the way). The actors chosen did a superb job, most notably Joe K as you mentioned. Truly Brilliant!The sets and worlds were solid. Richard Morgan's description is just so well done its hard to match it. Agreed, this first one will be hard to beat, big shoes to fill. Yet, it still makes me yearn for a continuation of this series.

Report comment
(5y)

@gustave13 I meant to type *Joel Kinnaman :D my bad. He was amazing in the Killing and everything he does really...

I can only imagine how great the book series is based on the film. I will be adding it to my wish-list and begin reading over the Christmas holidays as that's when I really catch up on all my books.

Sorry for late replies..

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A No worries at all. Of course, I knew who you were talking about. He's fantastic, stellar! I even took a screen shot of him in Altered Carbon when leaving the mind wipe clinic carrying the head of the assassin, so I could draw it later. Also, one of my favorite scenes! He made a killing in The Killing. Yes, with the pun there, I couldn't resist. Be interesting to watch him in some Swedish TV-shows/movies.
Again I can't say enough about the book series, truly wonderful and a page turner. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance during the holidays.
Oh, I almost forgot. Thanks for starting this list/thread, for it helps with searching for the next "watch". Cheers!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@gustave13 You are very welcome - thank you for helping ;)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)
+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)
+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I absolutely LOVED this one it is one of my 2018 faves "Patrick Melrose" <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Patrick_Melr....

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I guess my posts are random order <br> <br> "Picnic at Hanging Rock" <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Picnic_at_Ha....

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

There are just so many to list and I have not even began with foreign films or documentaries but I will come back with more. <br> <br> Enjoy!

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

This is a German show called "Dark" <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Dark.... <br> <br> one of many great German films - a more recent one.

Hide 2 replies...

@3UN01A I love that show, it's coming back apparently. Hope so, cos the ending was certainly left ready for it to continue.

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ Yes it was a good show and deserves another season. reminded me of Stranger Things a bit. Foreign films are my fave!

senior guru

Do No Harm. <br> TV series from 2013 about a guy with multiple personality disorder. <br> I loved this show, and was very annoyed that it was cancelled after just one season. <br> However, I reckon the decision not to renew was made early on, because the ending is just perfect. I think it went a bit 'under the radar' at the time, but I've suggested it to a few people who have all said they enjoyed it. <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Do_No_Harm....

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ This looks good and I added this to my watch list. All the best ones always get cancelled and the crap sticks lol

+1

senior guru

Jordskott. <br> Police drama/mystery/fantasy. Took me while to get into but once I did... <br> And there are two series now so a good binge watch. <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Jordskott....

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ I been meaning to watch this one but forgot about it as I am new here and on PW lost all my lists. Looks like another great Swedish show. Thank you !

@3UN01A I was using PW too - but had registered here ages before it went under, actually once I started frequenting this site I wished I had done so sooner, because I think it's much better. I had most of my lists on imdb as well so didn't lose all. Added some to here now - but there's still about 10 I mean to copy.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@⭐️janerosity⭐️ PW was my fave site to watch stuff and will probably always be since it had everything and always updated right away. I am still trying to get use to this site. I have playlists on here but the interface is so different than PW - guess I am just not use to it yet. It is VERY different over here lol good to see PW members making their way over though I think most are on SD as I am too.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A What is/was PW and SD?

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

A good family drama is "Brothers & Sisters" a bit older show from 2006 - 2011 with a great cast and 5 long seasons that end up cancelled. <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Brothers_Sis.... <br> <br> I only found it last year and give it 10/10

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Another cancelled gem "Witches of East End" <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Witches_of_E.... <br> <br> Centers on the adventures of a mother and her two adult daughters, both of whom unknowingly are their family's next generation of witches, who lead seemingly quiet, uneventful modern day lives in Long Island's secluded seaside town of North Hampton. When one of the daughters becomes engaged to a young, wealthy newcomer, a series of events forces her mother to admit to her daughters they are, in fact, powerful and immortal witches.

God
Report comment
(5y)

Of coarse: <br> Handmaid's Tale <br> Wentworth <br> Westworld <br> Humans <br> Locked Up (Spanish series) <br> smiley

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 I added Locked Up to my list, thank you for the recommendations :) All are great!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Alias Grace <br> The Big C <br> Enlightened <br>

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

The White Princess <br> Reign <br> The Young Pope

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I loved the Young Pope, I was really hoping it would come back since they left it open for another season

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Somebody downvotes all your post. To that user - Please stop this because I've got a ban hammer. smiley

+6

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yes somebody does downvote all my posts, my comments and all the time as I am sure Mods/Admins can see. Thanks for noticing. ;)

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Banned that user for 1 day.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Hopefully they stop down voting everyone for no reason. Thank you ;)

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A [SPOILER]

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A you have secret admire lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@∞Aces∞ LOl oh gawd I hope not :D

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I hope it was the same person who was doing it to me all the time. It's like being stalked!

+2

God
Report comment
(5y)

Outcast...was great but I haven't heard anything about it coming back <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Outcast.... <br> smiley

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 I think it may have been cancelled but I will have to check.It's in my faves too :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 It comes back Friday, 20th July 2018... tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/outca...

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ I'm so glad it is coming back! I knew it got dropped from Cinemax but I think it was FX who picked it up last year. I think it is a really great show.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Teeny💋 That's what I thought too. So glad it's returning :)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

hi friends i just saw the first ep of season 5 of power yess its back and how it lookeed like the season ending but it was just the first ep of the season go figure what the rest may be like.lol go see it friends its great.happy watching. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@swans2525 Power is a good show.. have you checked out Empire?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Who is in Power?? Succession is been pretty good so far.

Report comment
(5y)

I wish 4sum links here :) <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Traffick....

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@EvilSmoker Wrong thread. This is to recommend shows. Tell others what you think is a great watch - your favourites :)

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Ok I have abandoned this thread too long so I will add some more to the list. <br> <br> <br> Manhattan <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Manhattan.... <br> <br> Set against the backdrop of the greatest clandestine race against time in the history of science with the mission to build the world's first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Flawed scientists and their families attempt to co-exist in a world where secrets and lies infiltrate every aspect of their lives. <br> <br>

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Bloodline <br> drama/thriller <br> 2015-2017 <br> <br> A family of adult siblings find that their past secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep of a brother returns home. <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Bloodline.... <br> <br> It's a lot more twisted and effed up then the description says and so worth watching.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Okay. If you need a good laugh and watch to watch something more different and original. if you're open minded and tired of the normal so called comedy garb that's flooded on networks these days, well there are a few gems but not too many that will make you laugh from your belly and this is one. <br> <br> "Insecure" <br> <br> Follows the awkward experiences and racy tribulations of a modern-day African-American woman. <br> <br> I love Issa Rae , she is a genius and the 3rd season returns this August so you can catch up on the first 2. It's not for everyone like I have said. Cheers <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Insecure....

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"The Affair" <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Affair.... <br> <br> The psychological effects of an affair between a married waitress at a Hamptons diner and a teacher who spends his summer at his in-laws' estate on the island. <br> <br> <br> if you enjoy a good romance/drama/crime then this is the affair for you. It is now airing the 4th season. Check it out. <br> <br>

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Secrets & Lies" <br> <br> A family man finds the body of a young boy while jogging and becomes the prime suspect. He has no choice but to try to find the real killer as his marriage, his kids, his reputation, and his sanity are all at stake. <br> <br> dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Secrets_amp_.... <br> <br> The first season was very good but then it was cancelled after the 2nd. It started off one way then went into a seasonal anthology type show that ended lol too bad it had such potential and still worthy a watch.

expert
Report comment
(5y)

I really loved a tv show called Carnivale dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Carnivale]Ca.... I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire two seasons. Unfortunately, it was terminated too soon and the ending left me wanting a lot more. It is kinda old, but still very good.

I do not think I have seen anything that you have recommended. I usually like and agree with all of your posts Eunoia, so I think I will value your choices here. Some I do not think I can watch though, too intense. I love foreign films, my parents always took me to see them as a kid.

One movie that is hilarious and is not on here on twomovies, maybe it is but I didn't find it in while doing a quick search here, but it is called What we do in the Shadows and it is a comedy film about vampires. It is absolutely adorable and I just love it. I definitely wanted to see more! It is from and set in New Zealand.

I will check out some of the ones you recommended.

Thanks!

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon Carnivale is also a series that is on my favourites. The best ones are usually cancelled too soon.

As for this thread...

I began it with hopes that others would share since there is no option to recommend TV series - only movies. I have abandoned it like the rest of my threads due to the trolls and haters.

Otherwise, I would have an endless amount to share here, instead my playlists reflects that now.

What genre do you favour?

Hope you enjoy some of the recommendations, cheers and thank you!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A It makes me very happy to read that you enjoyed Carnivale and it is also one of your favourites! I had an idea that it would be something you would like.

I will have to take a look at your playlists then. Thanks for letting me know about that and I look forward to finding good shows to watch.

My favourite genre is sci-fi, followed by comedy, but over the last few years I have learned to enjoy a select few horror or more thriller shows, but it really depends on how intense and scary it is. I do not like feeling anxious when watching a show and if something does not make sense or seems unfair I get especially irritated and will stop watching.

Dramas can be good sometimes, but I get irritated by them as well. I guess it really depends on the drama.

I guess I like low-brow humour like Rick & Morty, the League of Gentlemen and Psychoville. The latter being an example of horror that I did thoroughly enjoy.
Read more

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon We seem to like a lot of the same films so far and you definitely know what I like LOL ;)

I had to make my Playlists private due to trolls yet again - long story but the user was banned due to some very odd things they were doing like copying and pasting ALL my movie/show/forum comments/post and also sending them to people on my friend list. I don't even know who this person was... but I love to share so I not sure what to do there aside from continue to post into this thread and my other ones that are about films/series?

I like sci-fi as well but I am extremely picky when it comes to watching comedy as i am not easily amused and my sense of humour is rather twisted so I don't enjoy much of that genre unless it's somewhat dark humour or even stuff like "Eastbound and Down" or "Happy"(2018 or 2017 can't recall atm) a series you should check out if you have not already. It's different - unique and one of the best IMO...
Read more

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A I think I beat you at being late! Always late in life. It is what I am constantly working on.

Have not seen Impractical Jokers but used to watch Ridiculousness way back when it first came out. It was hilarious. I will have to watch it again. I didn't even realize it was still around. Goodness. My head is under a rock most of the time. Or really in the books more so than under a rock.

No, but yeah, totally understand about not wanting to read the news or keep up with the nonsense, but I have to be immersed in world affairs due to my work as it is interrelated. I try to read primarily the Guardian & Economist along with a select few other international news papers and watch DW (Deutsche Welle) news.

My hubby and I have only recently gotten into the mysteries/whodunnits you mention. I love Inspector Lewis and Endeavour I just adore! Have recently watched Midsomer Murders which is quite entertaining as well.
Read more

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A P.S. I am sorry about the trolls and haters on this site. It is also the reason I have been avoiding it for the past few months. At least there are some kind people on here that like to share good film and tv recommendations and that makes up for the mean ones.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Maniac (2018)

Two strangers are drawn to a mysterious pharmaceutical trial that will, they're assured, with no complications or side-effects whatsoever, solve all of their problems, permanently. Things do not go as planned. dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Maniac/?ref=.... This is one of my favourites of 2018 and I highly recommend it.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

This is also a new series that is a bit heavy as it's about loss & grief but I love it and recommend it.

Sorry for Your Loss (2018)
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Sorry_for_Yo.... The sudden death of her husband upends and transforms every relationship in Leigh Shaw's life. It also forces her to realize there was a lot about her husband that she didn't know.

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Some great recommendations here. Thanks

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@..box.. What would you recommend for other members here???

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

The Innocents (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Innocent.... When teenagers Harry and June run away from their repressive families to be together, they're derailed by an extraordinary discovery - June's ability to shape-shift.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Impulse" (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Impulse/?ref.... A young woman discovers she has the extraordinary power of teleportation.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

This is why a Recommend a TV Show/Series feature would be awesome but we are limited to only recommending movies for now...

I have so much to share here but it's a lot of effort to be posting links and info ;)

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Two of my favorite down and out, anti-hero, them versus the world, tough, street and book smart characters on a TV series (crime/drama):

Jack Irish (Australia)- Guy Pearce

Jack Taylor (Irish)- Iain Glen

Both phenomenal actors and the cast for both shows are brilliant as well.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@gustave13 I need to play catch-up on these one day. Both great recommendations. Thanks for sharing :)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

The Bureau of Magical Things dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Bureau_o.... Teenage girl Kyra accidentally discovers an extraordinary world and gains magical powers; when an unexpected threat emerges, she must unite fairies, elves and humans to save them all. (for family time or for the young at heart)

The Haunting of Hill House dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Haunting.... Based on the novel The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. ( I really recommend this!!!!!)

Light as a Feather dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Light_as_a_F.... A group of teenage girls must deal with supernatural fallout stemming from an innocent game of "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board" when they start dying off in the exact way predicted. (for the young at heart)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Pine Gap (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Pine_Gap/?re.... Set in the intensely secretive world of intelligence and the enigmatic US/Australia joint defence facility in central Australia, the spy-thriller Pine Gap delves into the famously strong alliance between the two countries.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

YOU (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/You/?ref=275.... clever bookstore manager relies on his savvy Internet know-how to make the woman of his dreams fall in love with him.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

For those who enjoy true-crime docu-series...

Making of a Murderer (2016) - The entire Season 2 is finally here!

Another one is "The Discovery of Witches (2018)

+1

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Discovery of Witches is SUPER good! Really interesting story line and not like anything I have seen before.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon It took a nice turn at I think episode 5 ish and now it's picking up - LOVE it!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon I totally agree...SUPER good! Probably my favorite fantasy/supernatural series. So well-done from acting to character & storyline development to colors & cinematography. Awesome

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@gustave13 I do not watch too many fantasy/supernatural series, but I completely agree with you in that it has also become one of my favourite. Thanks for responding!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@gustave13 P.S. Not sure if you like the type of show, but I recommend Future Man. I have only seen half the episodes, but I liked it a lot. Another one I highly recommend is Weird City created by Jordan Peele and Charlie Sanders. I think the first episode was the best one of the six. I hope you enjoy these two recommendations!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon Thanks for the scifi suggestions! I'm a big fan of the genre. Funny, I just put Weird City into "watchlist" the other day.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

I know this will not be for everyone but here it is

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2018)

dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Chilling_Adv....

The entire season released yet another Netflix series = binge watch material for fans of such genre.

+3

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A This one looked interesting, definitely does not look at all like the original Sabrina the Teenage Witch!

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@nonamemanon It was even better than the original IMO which is rare.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A It was very good. Thank you for the recommendation. I thoroughly enjoyed the new Sabrina and am looking forward to the next season.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Thank you for this recommendation. Its turning in to semi-binge watching. Dark and interesting twists on Sabrina, for sure.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@gustave13 Completely agree! I liked this Sabrina a lot.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

⭐️ American Horror Story ⭐️ Scream Queens ⭐️ American Gods ⭐️ Dark ⭐️ Riverdale ⭐️ The Alienist ⭐️ Picnic at hanging Rock ⭐️ 13 Reasons Why ⭐️ The Disappearance ⭐️ Maniac ⭐️ Altered Carbon ⭐️ Happy! ⭐️ Hemlock Grove ⭐️ Gypsy ⭐️ Riviera ⭐️ Midnight Texas ⭐️ Big Little Lies ⭐️ Bellevue ⭐️ Seven Seconds ⭐️ Absentia ⭐️ Requiem ⭐️ Trust ⭐️ Castle Rock ⭐️ Alias Grace ⭐️ Cardinal ⭐️ The Haunting of Hill House ⭐️ The Terror ⭐️ The Purge ⭐️ The Mist ⭐️ Counterpart ⭐️ Kiss me first ⭐️ Reverie ⭐️ Deadwind ⭐️ Killing Eve ⭐️ YOU ⭐️ Sharp Objects ⭐️ Dead North ⭐️ True Blood ⭐️ Game of Thrones ⭐️ The Sinner ⭐️ Ozark ⭐️ Sneaky Pete ⭐️ Bloodline ⭐️ Mr. Mercedes ⭐️ Snowfall ⭐️ Six Feet Under ⭐️ Salem ⭐️ Manifest ⭐️

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

time for a new thread ;)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Sacred Lies (2018) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Sacred_Lies/.... Storyline: A teenager with no hands is suspected of knowing who killed her cult's leader and lands in juvenile detention.

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Suits- 2011 still running - Starring: Patrick J. Adams playing Mike Ross, a brilliant college dropout turned unlicensed lawyer.

dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Suits#commen....

www.imdb.com/title/tt1632701/

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Hindsight 2015 one season. Starring Laura Ramsey as Becca

Plagued by doubt as her second marriage approaches, Becca gets the chance to remake the past as she wakes up in 1995.

dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Hindsight#co....

www.imdb.com/title/tt3597470/

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Sneaky Pete 2015 runs 2 seasons-
A con man on the run from a vicious gangster takes cover by assuming the identity of his prison cellmate, Pete, reuniting with his estranged family, that threatens to drag him into a world just as dangerous as the one he's escaping.
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Sneaky_Pete_....

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Perfume" (2018) (Parfum original title) 45min - 6 episodes | Drama, Thriller | Netflix Series dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Perfume/?ref.... Based on motives by the global best-seller of the same name by Patrick Suskind, the Perfume series shifts the action to the modern day and uses the book's idea of manipulating people through scent as a springing-off point. A young profiler investigating a series of brutal murders traces events back to a small cadre of boys at a boarding school who experimented with manipulating people using human scents.

I watched this as soon as it was released on Netflix and thought it was brilliant and reflected the novel quite well. It's a 5/5 star rating from me. Check it out if you have not already.

Now that it is finally on two-movies, enjoy!

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Diablero (2018)
40min - 8 Episodes | Horror | Netflix Series smiley dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Diablero/?re.... Diablero is centered around Father Ramiro Ventura, a fallen priest who finds himself seeking the aid of legendary "diablero" or demon hunter Elvis Infante. With the aid of Nancy Gama, a modern day superhero, this improbable trio sets in motion a series of events that could determine the fate of mankind.

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

The Good Wife 2009 - 2016 dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Good_Wif.... - This is probably my all time favorite. I've binge watched it THREE times!!
"The Good Wife" is the legal drama. In the center of the series is the working single mother of two children. Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) gets back to her old job in jurisprudence to earn the family's living. The reason is that the father of the family Peter Florrick (Chris Noth) has been sentenced to a prison term because of his involvement in a public sex and corruption scandal.

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

I've been really impressed with the Orville. I didn't have high expectations but every episode is better than the last.

Gotham is amazing. It's gone far beyond the whole superhero bit.

Speaking of- Legends of Tomorrow is a lot of fun.

and I love American Vandal

I have to put how disappointed I've been in Walking Dead. It used to be my favorite show but lately it's been such a let down.

+3

guru
Report comment
(5y)

If your in the mood for something light and funny.. The Middle 2009 - 2018
dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Middle#c....
The daily mishaps of a married woman and her semi-dysfunctional family and their attempts to survive life in general in the city of Orson, Indiana.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@laurie621 Enjoyable for the first few series then gets repetitive...can't shake the feeling it's a clone of Malcolm in the middle though.

Report comment
(5y)

@MarkRowley I can understand that..maybe because the middle is coming from a woman's point of view...whereas malcolm in the middle comes from a guys. I like them both but The Middle is my favorite.

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Elite" dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Elite/?ref=2.... Las Encinas is the most exclusive school in the country- where the Elite sends their children to study. In there, three working-class teens have just been admitted after an earthquake destroyed their school. The clash between those who have everything and those who have nothing to lose creates a perfect storm that ends in a murder. Who committed the crime?

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Black Monday" dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Black_Monday.... A group of outsiders takes on the 1980s old-boys club of Wall Street.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A hi eunoia i totally forgot to wish you a happy new year what i hope you will have,i wish you well dear.happy times and good health god bless you dear eunoia,x.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@swans2525 Hi Hans :) I also wish you a Happy new year with great health as that is the truest wealth, surrounded by love and kind souls.. oh and of course the best homemade peas soup of all ;) stay blessed dear xx

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Bloom (2019) One year after a devastating flood kills five locals in a idyllic country town, where a mysterious new plant appears with the power to restore their youth. It's a gift of power beyond the wildest imagining. A phenomenon so formidable that attempting to harness its potency mean re-evaluating everything that's important. It's a miracle someone will kill to keep secret.

www.imdb.com/title/tt8888322/

(Although this new series is not available on two-movies yet, it's ready to binge with the entire season available elsewhere to watch and I enjoyed it very much- recommended! )

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Here is the link dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Bloom/?ref=2.... two-movies has finally added this show to the site, enjoy!

+2

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"Deadly Class" dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Deadly_Class.... Set in a dark, comic book world against the backdrop of late '80s counterculture, Deadly Class follows a homeless teen recruited into a storied elite private school where the world's top crime families send their next generations. Maintaining his moral code while surviving a ruthless curriculum, vicious social cliques and his own adolescent uncertainties soon proves to be vital.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

"The Shelter" dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Shelter/.... In a dystopian future society Joseph must keep his group together and find a way out of the room they've been locked inside.

+1

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A When you need some comic relief. smiley

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Better Off Ted
Swedish Dicks
Common Law
Lucifer
Dead Like Me
IZombie
Planet Earth
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Pushing Daisies

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@saxon901 I watched the pilot to Common Law last night and It's not a bad watch! I love getting referrals to easy to watch comic tv shows. -When I was young I liked Horror and Action flicks.. When I became middle aged, my preference changed to mainly Dramas. Now in my Golden years.. I prefer Light easy to watch comics and they are the hardest to find for quality it seems.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@saxon901 I am familiar with a few of these shows although generally I go more towards the dark and twisted genres, I am quite picky when it comes to comedy.

Eastbound and Down
Insecure
That 70's Show

are the 3 that come to mind which I have enjoyed. I will add the above to my watch list. Thanks for sharing :) much appreciated.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Rare is the find of a quality comic series or even movie anymore. They just say anything, mostly stupid crap ..and the laugh tracks tell you when it's suppose to be funny. ugh
I was just going to post That 70s Show. It's a good one! The other two I will give them a go and report back..lol

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@laurie621 This is why I don't bother with them, you're right. I find more humour in "non-comedy" films/series ;) most comedies lack those real lols from the belly. Even stand-up comedians seem to be lacking or trying too hard *yawns*

+2

Report comment
(5y)

hey everyone im an actor , writer and director and were making a web series called the cursed soul its about vampires heres the link to the pilot i hope you subscribe to see later episodes if you like it please leave a like and a comment we would really appreciate it thank you

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZx1yFKv...

+1

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Old but Gold is the "The Wonder Years" !! 1988 - 1993

dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Wonder_Y....

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@laurie621 I have never watched an episode of this but have heard great things about it. Thanks for sharing.

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

A discovery of witches (2018) one season so far.
My current pleasure that did not discover before: Heroes (2006-2010)

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@matesaca A Discovery of Witches was great and I look forward to a second season.

My current pleasure that I am just catching up on is as I have never seen it before "Oz" (1997-2003) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Oz/?ref=2754.... Oz chronicles life inside an experimental cell block in the Oswald Maximum Security Correctional Facility: Level Four called Emerald City. Under unit manager Tim McManus and Warden Leo Glynn, the inmates in Em City all struggle to fulfill their own needs. Some fight for power; either power over the drug trade or power over the other inmate factions. Others want money, either through slinging 'tits' (drugs), gambling or other scams. Others, Corrections officers and inmates alike, simply want to survive long enough to make parole or even to see tomorrow. The show gives a no-holds-barred account of prison life with all the plots, subplots and conflicts given context and explaination by the show's wheelchair-bound narrator, Augustus Hill.
Read more

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Porbably the best series in 2018 has been Escape at Dannemora with a Golden Globe for the leading actress Patricia Arquette .... Outstanding performances from Paul Dano and Benicio del Toro.

dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Escape_at_Da....

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Sorry but I do not acknowledge Comment is hidden. Why? format on forum threads.

Need another good show ... check out Luther Season 5 where you can find here ...

dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Luther....

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

This is another gem that was cancelled way too soon much like "Vinyl" (a must watch) and if you have not watched this yet, I recommend you do if you enjoy era pieces.

"The Get Down" (2016-2017) dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/The_Get_Down.... The Get Down focuses on 1970s New York City - broken down and beaten up, violent, cash strapped -- dying. Consigned to rubble, a rag-tag crew of South Bronx teenagers are nothings and nobodies with no one to shelter them - except each other, armed only with verbal games, improvised dance steps, some magic markers and spray cans. From Bronx tenements, to the SoHo art scene; from CBGBs to Studio 54 and even the glass towers of the just-built World Trade Center, The Get Down is a mythic saga of how New York at the brink of bankruptcy gave birth to hip-hop, punk and disco -- told through the lives and music of the South Bronx kids who changed the city, and the world...forever.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Another excellent crime thriller Manhunt started recently. The body of a young French woman is found in a London park but there may be more ...

Find it here: dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Manhunt....

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Try this for size - spy drama with identity problems (EWE?) - Mrs. Wilson

dosmovies.com/watch_tv_show/Mrs_Wilson....

+1

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

This thread is continued here:

Recommended TV Shows ⭐️ #2

dosmovies.com/forum/thread/Recommended-T....

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,755 reviews • 122,412 films • 18,479 TV series