This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

Australian Gov has joined the USA in making something illegal (1077 views, 13 replies)

This topic has been closed.

guru
Report comment
(5y)

I'm Talking about the comparison in banning booze to banning tv/movie sites.
Both very entertaining.

Twomovies has been banned in WA. So had to use a VPN to get this out.

So all yous in Australia. Good luck finding another as good site, AND please share.

+3

admin
Report comment
(5y)

Actually I don't see a huge visitors drop from Australia. Are you sure?

+2

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Doc, I've found a list of about 60 sites that have been banned in Australia, but Two-Movies is not named specifically on it. Maybe Egor knows something else, or they have a wider reach than the specific list I found?

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Yeah Doc, you made the list. I think most Aussies use a VPN by now though anyway.

torrentfreak.com/australian-cour...

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@PsychoDeeDee I was looking for something from December and couldn't find it. Thanks for that.

I've noticed they have excluded at least 3 sites I know of that have been around for years. I wonder why?

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil OK, there are ways that one country,who's got websites banned,can use "certain software"to get thru,and get their websites any how,One of them was "Hola!"THERE ARE OTHERS that work too.Some are better than others.(Hola!was free.)I'd research the subject.--if Hola! worked so-so,there may be better by now.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Has anyone tried "Tor browser" or "Tunnel Bear"?These softwares do this:they hide who you are,while traveling to your website;once you get on it,you are visible.These guys claim,to use "alternative web-routes"so no one can see you travel to a site.--or something like that.I would try them out,see what you think.I believe they are still free.Australia,try it,you might like it!!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Tor is better. Tunnel Bear has a gig cap, if I remember right but, easier to use. TBH though, TB might have some bloatware in it? I forget..

Report comment
(5y)

I'm an Aussie
I had stopped using a VPN but had to download one again after getting errors and finally an error message telling me my provider wasn't allowing access to this site. Straight back in once the VPN was set up

+3

Report comment
(5y)

Don't need a VPN in NSW. Not yet anyway.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

Dont need a VPN in South Australia yet

+2

Report comment
(5y)

I'm in NSW. Maybe ISP is playing a part in it too?

+2

guru
Report comment
(5y)

Federal gov informs ISP. ISP has no option but to block.
Funnily enough my free antivirus comes with a free VPN. So business as usual for me.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

It won't be long until ISPs start blocking VPN websites and connections to VPN servers..

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series