This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,885 reviews
122,472 films • 18,489 TV series

65 year old woman gets tased and arrested (166 views, 7 replies)

master
Report comment
(10mo)

+2

master
Report comment
(10mo)

*Stupid is as stupid does*
Are you not supposed to get wiser with age?
-Can't you give me a warning?
seems other cops already did that.....

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@🌞Suisen🌞 Entitled and arrogant now she will have a felony record from a broken tail light smiley smiley

+3

Report comment
(10mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 yep, insane smiley

+3

Report comment
(10mo)

Wow. That escalated quickly. I cant say I find a fault with the officer's reaction. Having said that, he could have attempted to explain the consequences of not signing a ticket rather than immediately proceed with the arrest. Then again, she did use profanities and attempted to evade arrest. As if this wasnt enough she added resisting/obstructing arrest and assault and battery into the mix. Now the $80 ticket looks like a bargain.

Lets see....for resisting/obstructing arrest, a misdemeanor, the fine is $1,000 and/or 1 year incarceration. Evading arrest starts as a misdemeanor but is immediately upgraded to felony status from the moment she used a vehicle to flee the scene, which means she is also looking at 1-2 years jail time. Then you have the assault and battery charge, a felony and which when the victim of the assault is a police officer during the discharge of his duties, it counts as aggravating circumstances. From this point on there is no limit on the amount of jail time applicable. ...
Read more

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(10mo)

@JudgeDredd wow thanks for breaking it down for us. I knew she was going to get into a hole lot of trouble now you helped us to see how much. Amazing how one moment in time can have last repercussions for the rest of your life. Thanks Judge

+1

Report comment
(10mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Its unlikely she will see any jail time other than in a form of a suspended sentence. After all, there is no appreciable injury to the police officer. But her conduct warrants a reminder so I would venture a guess that they will enforce all the financial penalties available. A fine in the range of 5-10 thousand isnt something you would likely forget any time soon. The same applies for community service. A year or more of such compulsory service isnt something to dismiss easily, no matter the level of your stubbornness. Needless to say that the suspended sentence is the most serious deterrent of all. Screw up with the law one more time and you end up serving the sentence in real time in a real jail (plus the new sentence for the crime invalidating the suspended sentence).

+1

master
Report comment
(10mo)

i think he gave her plenty chances to sign, before she took off
and she definatly had several "freebees" im sure,
that has served as warnings, by other cops feeling sorry for Granny

+2

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,885 reviews • 122,472 films • 18,489 TV series