This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,735 reviews
122,398 films • 18,478 TV series

6 degrees of kevin bacon game (846 views, 10 replies)

This topic has been closed.

expert
Report comment
(5y)

With the popularity of my 'Bacon in Every Movie Game', I'm rolling out an old chestnut that has been enjoyed "elsewhere" in the past and hopefully fun for everyone here as well. I should preface that this game is not as much a "Quick Word and You're Done", but more of a Brain Teaser that may take some time to puzzle through each round.

The concept is simple enough. Back in the late '90s, a parlor game was begun, with the premise that any two people on Earth are six or fewer acquaintance links apart. After a lot of discussion, some college movie buffs selected Kevin Bacon to be the center of that universe and challenged each other to find the shortest path between him and any arbitrary actor.

In my version of this game, the First Player will Identify an Actor. The Next Player's Task will be to link The Actor to Kevin Bacon in as Few Steps as possible and 6 being the maximum, of course. Once done, First Player leaves an Actor's Name for the Next Player.
Read more

expert
Report comment
(5y)

ADDENDUM

I realize this game may seem daunting at first. So, Optional HINTS may be given hourly by the Player who provided the Actor's Name, if there's no immediate response and the Player knows there are several Steps involved to reach the end. If HINTS complete the Answer, that Same Player selects a New actor's Name.

PLAYING STRATEGY

I find starting with finding a common Actor and First Movie, then finding a common Actor with Kevin Bacon for the Last Movie helps narrow the possibilities a bit faster.

Anyway, back to the game using

CHRISTOPHER REEVE

expert
Report comment
(5y)

HINT#1 : Christopher Reeve starred with Gene Hackman in Superman

expert
Report comment
(5y)

HINT#2: Gene Hackman starrewd with Denzel Washington in Crimson Tide

expert
Report comment
(5y)

HINT#3: Denzell Washington starred with John Lithgow in Ricochet

expert
Report comment
(5y)

NOW, THE REVEAL : John Lithgow starred with Kevin Bacon in Footloose.

Ta-Da!

As no one seems brave enough to try yet, feel free to challenge me With another Actor's name. Please be kind in doing so. I could only do one at a time. If you see someone has already posted, please give me OR anyone else time to respond before posting another. I await your reply.

Report comment
(5y)

Walter Matthau

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Walter Matthau was in JFK (1991) with Kevin Bacon.

Next?

master
Report comment
(5y)

oh crap this is a puzzle-WALTER MATHEW "'GRUMPY OLD MEN" and "the odd couple" or "the "sunshine boys and "cactus flower"Goldie Hawn w/Ingmar Burgman--oww?Goldie was in ?Manhatten Suite?--NO--(?what was the name of his old conman

OK--GOLDIE HAWN on "that Was The Week that Was"but thats the wrong name of comedy sketch show--?show!,tv,60's or 70's--70's--Kevin Bacon was a guest on the show.oh sh*t .-

"Shampoo"Goldie--so was Warren Beattyy..so was Christie
-ok the movie the invisible man Kevin Bacon (??)The girl was in "leaving las vegas"(?)with Nicholas Cage--nick was in something with Bacon--?nope.???mmaybe with a tomato and 2 slices of bread--NO ONE wAS in the movie about the HUGE WORMS IN DESERT TOWN.--starring Kevin Bacon--Reba Macentire.

I can't remember Bacon in much.--whole problem.

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 Sorry, I'm confused. I solved the Walter Matthau link to Kevin Bacon already. My expectation was for another Actor's Name to be entered to be solved. THAT's what this game is all about. It's not intended to be a running blog on who can't remember. That just ruins the game for anyone who might seriously want to play.

Report comment
(5y)

@RoboPhone She means well. It's unnecessary to be cross with her if she misunderstood. Thanks.

+3

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,735 reviews • 122,398 films • 18,478 TV series