This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,734 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

ⴲthe first thanksgiving through wampanoag eyes🌄🏹 ⴲ 🌽 🦌 🌎 three recipes with traditional potawatomi ingredients🔥 🍽 🍂 🍃 🌻 (157 views, 12 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

🏹 ⴲ 🌽 🦌 THREE RECIPES WITH TRADITIONAL POTAWATOMI INGREDIENTS www.potawatomi.org/blog/2020/11/... 🔥 🍽 🍂 🍃 🌻

The First Thanksgiving Through Wampanoag Eyes 🌄 frontierpartisans.com/17401/the-... epicworldhistory.blogspot.com/20...
patrickmurfin.blogspot.com/2019/...
Read more

+2

master

The recipes sound and look delicious. I love the pictures you posted as well. We should all honor indigenous people. We should celebrate their existence as we would a royal family, prime minister and a President. I know Canada has a National Indigenous day which is June 21. However I believe there is so much more we could do for them.

+1

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 "their existence as we would a royal family, prime minister and a President." none of those people deserve "honouring".

+1

@Stickmanuk ok, you are probably on the money with that. I was just trying to compare what value in this world they have.

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 I disagree with that aswell.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I love the thread.

I like the meals, but the tomatoes and lettuce would have been highly unlikely. Indigenous people were also a very meat based diet.

The fallacy of thankfulness for the indigenous people in North America isn't likely either. Any kindness has been repaid with violence, disease, alcoholism (intentional by European settlers), illegal seizure of lands, etc. etc. etc. etc.

I'm not thankful for that.

Midnight Oil said it best:

+2

Hide 4 replies...

@DontSpeak See that was the point I was trying to make. I just choose words that were not getting my point across. I certainly didn't want to offend anyone. I love how articulate you can be and you choose speech that is so very eloquent

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 You're too kind. I'm straight forward, and that's not a likeable quality for most people that I meet.

The Midnight Oil lead singer Peter Garret went on to really pursue a wonderful ethic in life.

We need to give back to the indigenous populations that have been so damaged by war mongering. It's disgusting and the stain on humanity cannot be washed away with the capitalistic mentality we've locked ourselves into and then taught our children to worship.

+1

@DontSpeak That is such an amazing way to put it. The thing that bothers me the most is this type of racism is still going on today. By running pipelines through their communities and telling them to take it or stuff it. smiley smiley smiley

+1

@DontSpeak great song by the way my late sister loved this band

+1

master

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 the lyrics to this song explains how I feel about the indigenous and the terrible scars that society has placed on them and their memory

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,734 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series