This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

brits,here is the american med.system here! (860 views, 3 replies)

This topic has been closed.

master
Report comment
(5y)

I thought i would share with our Brit and Canadian and other socialized medicine-systems-countries what it is now like in America,especailly since Obama-care.Quite frankly,a lot of huge necessary state-&=fed.govt. funded health systems in our state have resulted in shut downs of big necessary clinics for the neediest.the doctors say they cannot support the clinics on Medicaid finances,it is too little money,so they ended them.(Happened recently in Oregon state.)

That means,if you really need help (1.)pay cash and go to a private doctor,or (2.)leave the state of ORegon,go to California,or Washington states,and try to find clinics on medicaid there.(3.)Many of our doctors,psychiatrists and medical people have moved out of the state of Oregon, to states that have REAL CASH,MONEY,not govt, health insurance.

To illustrate this in terms personal,everyone here is sick with sinus infections,flu,horrible diseases,from the rain,snow,bad weather.In Oregon bad weather brings you illnesses.--infections.--California is hot,it dries them out.I have a real bad one,worse and worse,and I wound up in drop=in clinic,and even later got so sick,I had to call 911 cause it was making me have migraines so badly,and go get medicated in the ER.This one will last a lot longer than 10-days of antibiotics!!(Everyone in the age of extreme weather is getting sicker and sicker,you notice that?we are here.)
Read more

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

why not do what other countrys do smiley bring urself to our country legal or illegal smiley get priority over us tax payers for free treatment to everything smiley from dental to minor and serious or even just a full service check smiley pay NOTHING all for FREE smiley

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself NHS isn't free for foreign nationals unless refugee status. With exception to EU.

+2

expert
Report comment
(5y)

Clarachan, I also live in Oregon, but have not experienced what you have experienced and my parents are a bit older than you.

First off, I am very sorry to read that you were very ill. In my experience, growing up in Southern California, I did get a lot of colds and horrible sinus infections.Up here in Oregon I seem to have gotten less sinus infections the last one being over ten years ago when living in Eugene.

I am surprised that Eugene has closed so many clinics. Where I live, the drop in clinics for uninsured and low income individuals are still open. There are at least three in the town of about 50K where I live north of you. Have you seen this www.freeclinics.com/cit/or-eugen... link which lists 8 clinics in Eugene? There is also information on that link to clinics in nearby Springfield. There is also this link freeclinicdirectory.org/oregon_c... which lists clinics throughout Lane County. I hope you are able to find something that helps you out.
Read more

+2

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series