This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,915 reviews
122,492 films • 18,490 TV series

William Friedkin, ‘Exorcist’ director, dead at 87 (210 views, 7 replies)

senior master

senior master
Report comment
(9mo)

Of course he'll always be remembered for bringing The Exorcist to the screen and intorducing Tubular Bells to the world, but I think he should get a big shout out for the car chase scene in The French Connection which he managed to do without permits!

RIP

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(9mo)

@..box.. Excellent recap!

He was an innovator, for certain.

The Exorcist, and The French Connection wouldn't be at all the iconic celluloid masterpieces they are without him.

RIP.

master
Report comment
(9mo)

no way. He was the best director in Hollywood. He would do anything and put the cast through hell to get his money shot. What a huge loss. I can't get over how many Hollywood elite we have lost in the past couple years. RIP Friedkin.

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(9mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 It's so true. It seems like every day another one is gone from this world.

Friedkin was truly an innovator. The Exorcist is a perfect example of horror done right.

The remastered versions are amazing to watch, due to his direction and perfectionism. smiley

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@DontSpeak Absolutely. When I hear Burston and Jason Miller talk about what they were put through on the set just to get the exact reaction Friedkin wanted it was truly awe inspiring. Like when Friedkin shot of a revolver off on set to get a jump scare from the Jason, not the audience like in todays pictures but from Jason Miller. Miller explained how it really pissed him off as he hadn't had much experience in acting at the time. It was a good documentary. If I can remember what it's called I'll send you the link

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 Awesome. Thank you. smiley

+1

Report comment
(9mo)

@💛Yellow_rose1💛 There's a doc here ...

dosmovies.com/film/Leap_of_Faith...

COuld it be the one?

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,915 reviews • 122,492 films • 18,490 TV series