This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,643 reviews
122,376 films • 18,475 TV series

The gift that keeps on giving. Star Wars confirms when Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi prequel series takes place (626 views, 26 replies)

This topic has been closed.

Report comment
(4y)

With the long wait for the announcement of Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi prequel series finally over, the long wait for the show to actually arrive on Disney+ begins.

At its D23 Expo last weekend, Disney gave Star Wars fans something they've been demanding for years when it confirmed that Ewan would be reprising his role as the Jedi Master for some episodic adventures.

And just to sweeten the news www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a2886...

+1

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

More upcoming projects. Untitled Cassian Andor series (TBD)
The second live-action Star Wars series announced for the direct-to-consumer Disney+ streaming service doesn’t have a title yet, but it does have Rogue One: A Star Wars Story actors Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk reprising their roles from the 2016 film.

www.digitaltrends.com/movies/sta...

+1

Report comment
(4y)

‘Game of Thrones’ creators will build new worlds in Disney’s Star Wars galaxy
By Keith Nelson Jr. February 6

www.digitaltrends.com/movies/gam...

+1

Report comment
(4y)

The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way

www.digitaltrends.com/movies/fut...

+2

God
Report comment
(4y)

Wow, that's a lot of very useful information, thank you.

Personally, after the major HBO f**k up, I can't look at anything GoT except for what George RR Martin has done and will do.

He has something like 50 manuscripts assembled for the last books so far.

Star Wars I always enjoy, even if it can be severely flawed, it amuses me.

+1

Hide 18 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ GoT? I'm usually good at deciphering. I've been up to long lol. smiley

Report comment
(4y)

@MoonKnight Game of Thrones. smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ I loved the last season of GoT. I thought they wrapped it up absolutely perfectly. smiley

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@PriscillaParadox They played to their American audience and f**ked the whole world GRRM created in the bin.

The Walton's of Winterfell.

I thank goodness that GRRM created a world where magic was coming back, not being destroyed.

They got it all wrong just to wrap it for ye. lol

Pffft.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ smiley

Having unpopular opinions is something I am getting used to smiley

I liked The Phantom Menace, too. #TeamJarJar

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox Is anybody ACTUALLY team JarJar?!?
LOL No.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) I thought he was adorbs.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox Okay, the EARS maybe... but only his ears!! smiley
smiley smiley smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ I have never read the books. Or rather I began to, but he is not all that spectacular a writer, so I stopped.

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox NOT a spectacular writer you say? smiley

I read pretty much every subject I feel any interest in. I feel he is one of the best fantasy, fiction writers I have ever come across.

Do you fancy fantasy? Unless you do, and you understand the "fantasy/magical" world, you may not enjoy it. It's extremely complex.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ Nope, but that is only my opinion. I found him terribly dry and tedious, and that was his voice, his style, not the subject matter.

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox That's too bad. I felt like I was in another world reading all those books. If you'd have read them you would understand better how off putting the series was for what the writer's did just to get to Star Wars sooner. Up until the last season (maybe part of 7) I was completely ok with all the differences, but they destroyed they whole reason that story was great PLUS [SPOILER] You would have really appreciated all the detail to the magical fantasy creatures and lands in the books. It's quite remarkable and reminded my of Tolkien (who I find very difficult to read).

The Hunger Games (books) were good. Have you tried those? It's a completely different story, much like GoT.

Report comment
(4y)

@ Well, maybe I will give him another try, then. I may not have been in the right place the first time; That has happened before.

I really loved Tolkien's writing, and was pleasantly surprised by it when I sat down to read Lord of The Rings many years ago.

Have not read The Hunger Games series, either.

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox Do you know what? I was in the shower thinking over when I first read the books, so after I went and got my copy of "A Game of Thrones" and there they were, my usual notes: Don't give up and keep pushing past the set up of all the histories and family names etc... this gets good, great and then you won't be able to put it down."

LOL I must've found it "dry" to begin with, too.

It's true that the human mind relies on "euphoric recall".

LOL

+1

Report comment
(4y)
(edited)

@PriscillaParadox Oh my god, I so envy you with Tolkien.

I felt like such a dim wit trying to read his stuff at first.

I started with The Silmarillion, and the The Hobbit. All those names and places!

It was like reading Numbers from the Old Testament combined with Irish. smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ I devoured Tolkein in Jr.High.School. Really defined much of my childhood!! smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@PriscillaParadox jadiepoo, your'e one on the most subtly ironic hilarious "trolls" ever. Keep it up!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

Ya a lot of movies, shows, etc have flaws and issues, but the genres and plots get me interested at first. Then I personally just enjoy certain aspects of it. Then don't let the negative aspects bother me. I guess its all about personal perceptions, so to speak. Just thinking out loud. Thanks for chatting.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@MoonKnight I'm just chatting, too, and I hear ya! smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

I still need to binge on Carnival Row and the new Dark Crystal series. smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@MoonKnight I've seen Carnival Row.

I'm going to start Dark Crystal next.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,643 reviews • 122,376 films • 18,475 TV series