This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,891 reviews
122,472 films • 18,489 TV series

The Science Box - The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum. (266 views, 4 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

smiley Thank you for this Box!

I regularly take Nux Vomica (in homeopathic dosage - D6). It helps with abuse of stimulants (e.g. alcohol, tobacco, coffee, overeating), side effects of medicines, with people who have a very low tolerance level (very quickly angry, quickly dissatisfied, quickly overstimulated, quickly impatient, easily hypersensitive to the slightest sounds, smells or pain).

You should try it out when you get the chance (wink, wink;)

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@CitizenD I suffer from a strange form of migrain headache called "cluster" that are extremely painful and need quite strong medication in injection form.

Before I discovered what it was I tried many ways to relieve the pain and one was a visit to a homeopath practicioner. After an hour long interview she told me that the pains were the result of my father's death (some 14 years earlier) and recommended taking a mixture.

The mixture didn't work but years later an neurologist prescribed medication which helped me through some very difficult episodes.

But I have heard and seen the positive effects of homeopathy too so I think it must be me. I wasn't a believer to begin with.

I had a quick search for Nux Vomica and it seems to be a catch all remedy that includes male infertility and impotence. However the general consensus in the medical forums seems to be there is no substantial evidence that it is effective.
Read more

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@..box.. Sorry to hear about your cluster headaches, my significant other has trigeminal neuralgia - the pain is supposed to be similarly hellish and some of the worst there is. She gets the "good stuff" for it from her doctor, that I would have to order from the darknet.

I sometimes take a few globules in addition to a "real" medicine. It can't do any harm. Does it work? I am torn. Anyway, I could tell a few stories about it.

As far as the Nux Vomica globules are concerned, the original substance is diluted to such an extent before it is potentised in D6, that it no longer poses a danger.

Box, one day you and I will meet and we will toast with a glass of Bach flower remedies. smiley smiley

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,891 reviews • 122,472 films • 18,489 TV series