This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,650 reviews
122,383 films • 18,475 TV series

The Anywhere Book Club - International Women’s Day 2021 - WOMEN in WORDS. (853 views, 26 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(3y)
(edited)

To commemorate the celebration of International Women’s Day on the 8th March 2021, The Anywhere Book Club is proud to present “Women in Words”. The collection shows the physical, political, criminal and social aspects of being a woman through the ages.

Just follow the link below the image.

www.dropbox.com/s/idxx2v8xx7c0kj...

www.dropbox.com/s/2vk74s1nliqenj...

www.dropbox.com/s/2pwewa3abmtrpz...

Read more

+2

senior master
Report comment
(3y)
+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(3y)

@..box.. Now I have this 80s punk gem stuck in my head, which is a good thing!

Lady Killer by the Vandals (1982)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xz2eBoj...

(I forget how to embed the hyperlink so the snapshot displays!)

+1

Report comment
(3y)

@alicefell You can only embed where you see the YouTube symbol (in the general comment box). It doesn't appear in the REPLY box so you would need to do it in the main box and then copy/paste to wherever you need it.

The Vandals were not on my radar in 1984 as I don't think they made it over the Atlantic pond. I think punk had died over here by then and we were swamped by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Michael Jackson and "99 Red Balloons"

+2

Report comment
(3y)

@..box.. It's all post-punk. Punk died that minute it was born. But post-punk is new punk. Frankie Goes to Hollywood OMG! Did you ever hear the rumor about their XXX rated video? I could live another day without hearing "99 luft balloons." LOL

Here, there is still a "battle" between East Coast Punk and West Coast Punk. If you are hard-dore, you would have a side. Always with the taking sides! Think of 2 bands that were famous even before their record deals: The Red Hot Chili Peppers (West Coast) and The Beastie Boys (East Coast). They started out with being "viral" and bootleg tapes went around and around. Hell, the Beastie Boys were famous while in still in high school. We would blast their tape at parties...in California.

Punk, post-punk, mainstream punk, bubblegum punk. I am a serious Joy Division devotee from waaaay back Mr. Box. That's my fundamental groove.
Read more

+2

guru
Report comment
(3y)

Mr. Box,

Thank you for sharing these books and by opening a post for International Women's Day. If I may be sassy, thank you for caring about the Ladies and their Boxes! I know Mrs. Box has a great hubby! You are a generous with the literature links and a treasure.

+3

Hide 8 replies...
This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,650 reviews • 122,383 films • 18,475 TV series