About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,716 reviews
122,397 films • 18,478 TV series

Schedule (739 views, 14 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

Would it be possible to add a "Schedule" feature tab to the top of this site for all upcoming TV shows/series and/or movies?

It would be extremely helpful to know what to expect weekly for both old and new shows and/or movies as well as discovering new stuff one would otherwise never know of unless searching endlessly or by others who share. Since we can't recommend TV shows/series like we can do with Movies...

I have seen and used this feature elsewhere and find members really benefit from it. The Schedule could also be named as "Aired" for links added etc.

Please consider it and thank you in advance.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A For example American Horror Story's latest episode has been added on here with early links so if there was a "Schedule" tab, all members would be able to see that it "AIRED" instead of all the busy widgets, comments and searching.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

i started a forum page away last year about the same thing smiley
its to much hassle and hes not got the time really to do it as hes got loads to do already to keep the site going for us to use smiley smiley

+3

Hide 2 replies...

@chaseyerself Totally agreed on that!!!!

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself I didn't notice another thread like this, my bad.

I was asked what my thoughts were on how to improve this site by him and this is just one of my few ideas but I will refrain from any future ones as they all seem to get the same response.

Thank you for your reply - cheers :)

+3

senior master
Report comment
(5y)

@chaseyerself I saw your proposal and it looked very good. On another site I noticed a simpler verson of what you suggested that takes up very little space and I think would be easy to incorporate and maintain. It looks like this ...

Don't know about the technicalities but it could work and as you said back then it would be a bonus for the members to keep track for the many, many shows

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

A daily tv guide in list format (no big icons) would be refreshingly useful. I scope hourly tv updates elsewhere to see whats 'new on tv' beyond fav subscriptions here. The r-side widget that shows Dr Phil and Judge Judy as top hot _?smiley likely generates zero clicks (nor interest) just ugly bulk. However, traffic would hammer-refresh a guide and wander extensively to surf onsite = sustainable flow and retention, max clickrate w/o increasing membership. Significantly more functional and profitable than CPU hungry analytic trinkets that visitors abort via adblockers. Moi 2cents. Many Thx Doc... thoroughly enjoying ALL the tweaks 'n rollouts. Rock On!

+3

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Yes to everything you typed and then some... we tend to agree on many things ;)

admin
Report comment
(5y)

If we add upcoming episodes
1) What to do with linkers who submit fake links?
2) What to do with notifications? Now you get a notification as soon as an episode available.
3) Where should we get actual and correct data about upcoming episodes? Now using imdb and tvmaze for manual additions.
So many questions

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil It's a lot of work and your questions are spot on.

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Adding a "Schedule" (or whatever it would be called) for latest/upcoming episodes would not change linkers who already submit fake links and would be dealt with the same way as now. The notifications would also not change due to this feature as members already can subscribe to latest links/episodes etc or just opt out like I have. IMDB or TVMAZE both work but not necessary IMO just the same as all the latest episodes but on a list/tab instead of having to search through everything all mixed up. I never even noticed the side tab "Popular Tv Series Updates" until today when I read it here from another member.

Having this feature would also help promote links from linkers.

There are far more pros than cons to this feature and it can be played with to see how it works (beta mode) ...

just a thought ;)

God
Report comment
(5y)

All i can think of, is having a quick access to the " latest " episode underneath the TV-Show you have in your playlist, could work that.
It's a start whilst people think of other ways of how it could be done. smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Exactly - it's a start as people can think of other ways it can be done.

I think it's a great idea for two-movies to add as a feature and something to brainstorm that is open to other member's opinions/views. If they care to share them.

I know it's the first thing I view on other sites I use when not here and a well appreciated + often requested feature as well.

But anyway...

It's a start

+1

admin
Report comment
(5y)

This feature will be added soon...

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Awesome! Thank you so much for all of the amazing work you do for this site as it's very much appreciated and for always listening to the members of two-movies user feedback.
You rock Dr.Evil !! ;):)

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,716 reviews • 122,397 films • 18,478 TV series