This topic has been closed.

top expert
Report comment
(6y)

SALMON LOAF

(serves 4 - two slices per serving)

Ingredients:

1 - 14.5 ounce can salmon
1/2 onion finely chopped (important to chop finely)
1 large celery rib finely chopped (important to chop finely)
2 tablespoons butter or oil (butter adds great flavor but olive or peanut oil are also good)
25 saltine crackers (1 cup crumbs)
1/4 cup half and half cream
2 eggs
1 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons dried dill weed
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Instructions:

1.Preheat oven to 350°.

2.Open the salmon can, pour the liquid into a small bowl and place the salmon into a large mixing bowl.

3.Use a pastry cutter or fork to break up the salmon into very small pieces. The small pieces are important for ensuring it mixes well with the other ingredients.

4.Crumble the saltine crackers by hand or in a food processor and place in the small bowl with the juice from the canned salmon and add the half and half. Let sit until crumbs have absorbed as much of the liquid as they will hold.
Read more

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(6y)

I love salmon patties and I know I will love trying this salmon loaf as well .Thanks for putting it up for us!

master
Report comment
(6y)

I am a salmon lover for sure! I make salmon patties too. I never did the loaf thing. My family doesn't leave much leftovers. One can gets us two patties each (three of us). It's very important to remove all the fat and black skin. I just crush the bones, good calcium. Top with cream gravy. When this meal is going on, all you can hear is clinking forks. It's funny how some meals are so good that no one talks. I use seasoned croutons for my crackers I add green peppers.No cream. Other than that we are about the same on ingredients.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(6y)

@fortunate1 Seasoned croutons is a great idea! Have to try that. And, I too add green peppers sometimes. Gives it a nice bite. <br> <br> I know what you mean about a meal so good that everyone is too busy eating to talk. smiley Sometimes the food and the company are that good.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series