skilled
Report comment
(5y)

How do I recommend a movie or show?

+2

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@acharris1977 Hi! You can't recommend shows but movies you can. There's a thumb you click on when you have the movie page open that will go to the recommended movies section. Click that Thumb icon next to the heart used to favourite movies/shows. Hope that helps.

+4

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A Thanks @EUNOIA. 👍

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@acharris1977 It was my pleasure ;) enjoy!

master
Report comment
(5y)

There's might be confusion because there are stats and guests based on our "recommendations" - but we can't yet recommend or discuss tv series (just movies). Aggregation algorithms report and recommend everything based on our viewing data.

+1

Hide 11 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Do you know where these are? I actually want to change my settings to private only as I've another troll. One of my trolls (and ex PW mod, was temporarily banned for down-voting EVERYTHING I did, lol).

+6

Report comment
(5y)

@ Is this why you been offline for a week? :)

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Partially PV. There's a lot of unnecessary negativity being stirred up and it seems to have a spill over effect everywhere here. I come here to relax and get away from the real world. And to be friendly and learn about other people, not for negativity. I will be staying scarce in the hopes that this will change. I really loved this site. Hope you're well. :)

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@ Yes i know what you mean, has you can see someone downvoted (haters) me for asking a question. <br> <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Ignore it mate. This is why I believe any politics are a hazard here as this is a film site. <br> <br> I get my politics elsewhere. This is my safe place. I don't feel people should be stifled or shut up, just this isn't the forum for it (politics and religion and such). <br> <br> I want some peace and quiet and this is privately owned. They (the site owners and us) don't have to abide by any constitutional amendments from any country. Thank goodness!! <br> <br> Keep on keeping on mate. I don't judge and hope not to be judged. I just want to be friendly here and I want to preserve the integrity of being friendly! :)

Report comment
(5y)

@ Not sure why you mention politics (unless you mean haters down voting me because of them), we all share data on this site. But when you get your weirdos making trouble (and coming out with rude lies) and then having tantrums and going on a backstabbing franze...Fuck um... <br> At least you or not being downvoted anymore (guessing that new pop-up on down votes is to track trolls). <br> Why someone downvoted you in the 1st place beats me. <br> <br> Glad to see you back online. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Thanks mate. I just like this site to be friendly. Any politics are not friendly. Just want them all gone for sure, that's all. Nothing else. Let's have a bit of craic whilst we can! :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@ How to look that word up lol, no crack for me. <br> [SPOILER] ;)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Seriously? You're English. Craic = fun, amusement, general merriment. LOL <br>

Report comment
(5y)

@ variant spelling of crack (sense 4 of the noun).* Am in the UK here. :)

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@PureVodka🍺 Oy! The UK is Northern Ireland, and sure I've been to England as well. No worries, mate. We're all good. {{{hugs}}}

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

You could recommend that the majority of searches that come up,no matter what stuff you are looking for,has a -=-=shall we say;;"love for one-recommendation"and we have a majority of those kinds of movies I notice.--We have a ton of them.

+2

skilled
Report comment
(5y)

Thanks for your replies guys smiley

+2

master
Report comment
(5y)

@RB no way to turn off much of anything, according to Doc? Although if “Blocking” actually worked ALL the personnel issues would be entirely extinguished.

+2

Hide 5 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) I wish blocking someone would mean you don't see them at all on here. Not their movie/tv comments, not their annoying replies.... but it doesn't. Only thing is they can't private message you or see you in chat. I don't use chat or have my inbox public so neither work for me. There are a few members I would love to just never see or hear from. ;) via block.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@3UN01A It's a lot of work actually.

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I completely understand and appreciate all the improvements you been making to this site + all the amazing features it already has. Now if only there was less hatred on here like other members have been saying.. it would be a blessing. You don't want to lose members over a few mean, hateful, trolls. ;)

+2

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil @Dr.Evil Maybe TamperMonkey could wrangle a block/mute feature? I haven't researched its innards... but looks promising. With rampant privacy and bullying issues surfacing, one would think there'd be more mute snippets available?! (momentarily perusing github) <br>

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@(⌐■_■) Can't block someone when I don't know who they are. The ex PW mod has been off line for the duration of their temporary ban and they are blocked, though I do wish they'd just stop. I really don't have time for hate. It's just a "go your own way" kind of thing. The rest is just childish to me. Thanks for your reply! :)

+3

admin
Report comment
(5y)

We will add recommending for tv shows... Later <br> [SPOILER]

+2

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil ........LOL!

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil Well then, members are hereby on alert that 'NeVeR' is hard penciled on the hot docket for TV advisories. Nope. Nada. Nevurrr. <br> <br> Truly few ppl give two sh*tes what others watch. And wonderful active discussion boards exist elsewhere for avid media fans that avoid politics, religion and bullies. <br> <br> On an aside: there is a "share list with friends" function in here - located in the top menu PLAYLISTS tab that might serve somehow?

Report comment
(5y)

@Dr.Evil I think if you opened a Forum Thread and asked members if they like a "Recommend TV Shows" the majority would say yes. But don't do it via the VOTE option due to trolls who with down-vote regardless. It serves the same purpose as "Recommend Movies" does and I discovered many shows from other members via comment section that would love to see this feature available on here. Just a thought to consider ;) User feedback is always important!

+1

Report comment
(5y)

master
Report comment
(5y)
+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,916 reviews • 122,494 films • 18,490 TV series