This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,799 reviews
122,428 films • 18,484 TV series

Please edit your review and remove forbidden words. Thank you. (554 views, 27 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)

Hello.
I received this message:
"Please edit your review and remove forbidden words. Thank you."
on a review I wrote. Telling me to remove the word CRAP, which is not in my review
for Miss Harris goes to Paris: Would not allow me to post the review. How am I suppose to
remove a word that is not there?

I did not know this was a remake if it was. But loved this sweet little fantasy for older women.
We do not get many when we reach the point of being irrelevant in society.
Miss Harris is a maid back in the 50's. Because none of this would ever happen today. She falls in love with a Dior Dress that is at one of her client's home. She scrapes up the to money to go on a holiday to Paris from the UK, to purchase a gown. Along the way she meets a lot of wonderful and not so, people.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

What about words that contain Crap???

scraper
scrapie
crappie
cr apper
crapola
crapped
craping
skyscr apers
crapulous
crapshoot
procrapstin ation ( I heard that recently:)

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

I grizzled about these censor-bots before, they reject anything containing a banned word even if it is in a URL.
For example, what is wrong with DI.CK ??
Try writing D1ck van Dyke or Angela D1ckinson or any of the famous actors whose name contains the dreaded letters.
And classics like Moby D1ck or D1cken's Christmas Carol.
Its just silly!

+4

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Buttless No kidding. Have that problem constantly.

A hobby of mine for the last of 30 years or so has been to write AIML for robots (artificial intelligence mark-up language). It's very easy to get the robots to accept normal common usage words, etc.

One can make any robot accept or deny anything on a whim. It's not rocket science.

We don't enjoy crąp, but however do love Dìck Van Dyke oodles & Dìckins has plenty of classics...

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless I have learned to enjoy the challenge and finding creative ways to spell things, such as you've done.

i=1
a=@

etc.

It was frustrating at first, now I consider it my mission to have the words that contain d1ck cr@p uncensored.

smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)

@DontSpeak A D!ck is a beautiful thing, should not be banned, covered or cut.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless .....especially cut smiley smiley

+2

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

"scrapes"

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I've had a few issues myself, although I can't remember what the word or phrase was at the moment. I was trying to clarify my response to someone and could not because I kept being told not to spam. I wasn't. When I explained what was happening to the person I was trying to respond to, they said they were having the same issue trying to respond back to me. lol

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Yes editing is of limited timeline. I bitterly found out this myself too, as because of my bad English I may notice some grammar or syntax error after one or more days. It;s some site code or security valve maybe. I think Doc is pretty aware of this. I once asked politely an @Admin and the mistake was corrected in a review. The meaning of what I had written was completely different from what I want to say, by one or two stupid mistakes

+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Here is another oddity.
If I enter 'life' in the search box it returns...nothing, blank.
There are plenty of movie titles containing Life (Life of Brian etc) which should appear.
And other similar words 'live' 'wife' 'lyfe' work fine.

Why does Doc's bot hate life???

+3

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless smiley ''Depressed bot hates lyfe 2.0 and isn't enabling anyones crap.'' is my best guess.

+2

Report comment
(1y)

@(⌐■_■) Excellent summaries, both of you! smiley smiley

+2

top expert
Report comment
(1y)

I feel like banning words you don't like, or want people to use, is like burning books. Which is, inherently, controlling and dictating knowledge, and/or speech.

"You can have your opinion as long as it adheres to the structure of our doctrine." Which is saying, say what you want as long as I agree with it. If everyone only allowed speech that they agreed with, then nothing new would have ever been said.

If it's such a problem, then why not do away with reviews and forums on this site altogether? That's a rhetorical question.

There's my two cents' on the subject.

+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

🇺🇦 Russian warship, go f**k yourself! 🇺🇦
Since we have that at the top of the page I see no reason for the bot to ban the F-word or similar expletives.
But I would ban 'covid' and the main words associated with the misinformation threads.

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless That's why your not in charge.

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Buttless Well, the problem is not the words, it's those who ABuse them.

Take away the Covid and re-introduce grown up language to a bunch of paranoid children and you'll have "penis d**k f**k" written on every review by the usual motley crew.

I upvote your idea, but the application would be impossible to control in anything other than theory.

master
Report comment
(1y)

🇺🇦 Russian warships smiley go f**k yourselves! 🇺🇦

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@(⌐■_■) Michelle and her Covid junkies would rather we got off that necessary phrase.

Fuck those warships indeed.

Moderator notice from JudgeDredd (1y)
+1

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

🇺🇦 Conspiracy freaks, disinformationists and irritating wankers, go f**k yourselves! 🇺🇦

+1

Hide 4 replies...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@Buttless 10-4 YAYAS!! The depths of the ocean are waiting for'em!

Now if the SofaKing Miserable Conspirators were on that stinking ship too - lyfe 2.0 would be a disney story. smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@(⌐■_■) Alrighty JD, I hear ya. Sad Disney. smiley

+1

Report comment
(1y)
+1

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless My tolerance for idiots is extremely low today. I used to have some immunity built up, but obviously there's a new strain out there.

+1

master
Report comment
(1y)

i had no idea why, on another site, monkey was a banned word, Im swedish
as a non english speaker it can be weird at times

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,799 reviews • 122,428 films • 18,484 TV series