This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,383 reviews
122,276 films • 18,454 TV series

Our future. Ideas. (1398 views, 137 replies)

This topic has been closed.

admin
Report comment
(4y)

How do you see the future of the site?

1. More social features. Groups, re-posts, personal albums, group chats etc.

2. More content. Images, posters, reviews, news (like imdb with more freedom).

+4

God
Report comment
(4y)

Group chats.

+3

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 More trailers of new movies,I see them on tv,but never write em down to go find.darn.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 Do you not see the trailers that or added in the forum and there is a slightly bigger % in the news section under Movies/Tv-Shows?

Report comment
(4y)

@PureVodka🍺 Yes, and we'll try to find and post,example, "Asian horror and ghost movies with English subs)-websites". That one is a lot harder than i thought.

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

In my honest opinion, it really depends on the type of people are you trying to attract - and retain.

You're never going to please everybody, but if you're thinking about expanding the social aspects of the site, you really need to think about taking on more impartial Mods to deal with the drama it generates.

Personally, I believe it could be an awesome site dedicated to media (film and TV), without the bickering and squabblin' that goes on regarding the rest.

+12

Hide 13 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I love your ideas.

Although I don't participate in news (politics, religion, etc.) I know it is actually a draw. Having a section completely separate from the rest of the site (but on this site) might work if there were strict rules around it (eg, no bringing any news of any kind into the rest of the site).

I did have an idea that includes NOT moderating the news and allowing all the news and politics goers to do as they please.

I see nothing wrong with that. It won't affect anyone on the rest of the site, if that is firmly stipulated and then we (Dr Evil and staff) won't need moderators who are subjected to harassment.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ I said the same thing regarding the moderating of the news section on another thread a few weeks back. If people want to post news that is likely to generate mixed feelings, arguments and name calling - then, that is the price you pay.

Maybe a disclaimer page before you're able to enter the section would work "Enter at your own risk" kinda job. Religion and Politics would be better placed restricted to the news section.

Also, removing the news element from the side bar entirely would be very beneficial!

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I agree 110%> let them sort it out, or not.

The stipulation/rule is that taking it into the forum is an infraction of the TOS/TOU.

I feel too many want it, but there's no logical or fair way of actually moderating it.

smiley

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ There is. Giving Mods the power to redirect/close threads, deleted entire forums posts, getting them to send a quick PM that says "keep it out the forum", and then being able to ban them for further disruption. It doesn't matter what side of the fence you're on or which religion you follow. No politics or religion - period.

1 pinned thread in the forum for current sites TOS, with maybe some useful 'how to' links, etc.

I get the impression that there have been some previous mods whom have taken liberties with their power, but it seems an awful lot of thankless work to have to play the middleman.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Valid points.

It has to have a zero tolerance policy for politics to stay, full stop.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ (who's going to set the limits?Does a troll have to threaten to kill everyone on the site?Call vicious names?Threaten political violence?start screaming online constantly?--refuse to drop the subject,and mods are ignored by said troll?--talked to by mod,who says,"stop your spamming,insults,or you get 2 weeks ban."(and then follows thru.)just a suggestion)

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I would like to post news,and comment on others' news,but i still think the news should have SOME STANDARDS."BE CALM,DON'T BLAME,SCREAM,OR THREATEN VIOLENCE,OR SUGGEST IT.--dO NOT THREATEN TO KILL BIDEN,TRUMP,OR FRANNY LIEBOWITZ.--"

Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 HA!

People on the internet being calm and conversing like adults? It'll never happen!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale TRUE, HAH HAH

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale There's already an option to do that. If people wouldn't click on the news they wouldn't be subjected to the comments, but they did click it, and they know what they are doing and they are there for a reason. It's entirely possible for someone to use this site and never even see the news except the first time they click Hide section... but they click on an article, they read it, and they read the comments. then they act like it's the commenters' fault that they had to see that.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@KingDeathTrooper Let's try an analogy.

You are thinking of moving.

You find a house you really like in a little village.

You go to view the house and all along the roadside to the village entrance you see supportive placards and posters of *insert name here*

Now you assume this village holds *insert persuasion here*, which is the complete opposite of your own.

Now, not everybody in that village holds the same views, but the ones that do are the loudest and most visible.

You might go see the house, you probably won't buy it.

By the time someone has seen the recently posted news headlines - first impressions have already been made. Doesn't matter if you hide it or not then, you assume the whole community holds the same stance. So you generate more one-sided traffic and put-off the rest.

All of this is irrelevant, of course. ...
Read more

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Good analogy.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ May I offer an alternative? The problem is not so much on the potential verbal abuse over the news but more in relation to the content. No moderation of the news section would pretty much allow anything and everything. That's not a good idea as it will certainly attract extreme elements and ideas that would damage the reputation of the site as a whole.

I would suggest to keep moderating the news, if not actively, at least on a passive mode and keep the ToS applicable. Active moderation would have to be applied upon written complaints.

In regards to the abuse towards moderators being a problem that requires a solution, I wish you would have told me this earlier. The solution is extremely simple. Disciplinary actions would have to be taken by a disciplinary board comprised of the Moderators and presided by the Admin. The decision quorum could be a simple majority with the Admin casting the tie vote. All communication to the respected members should be on an anonymous basis under an account titled "Disciplinary Board" or simply "Moderator" with no distinguishing names.
Read more

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

I do like the idea of group chats, like a chat room for particular topics. I agree with DF though that you would need more mods for something like that. They would be needed to keep people in line, but still with enough freedom to make it fun.

Question - there still will be links though, right??

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

Since the news experiment went sideways, twice. I must agree 100% "Entertainment Only" and focus on discussions, news, discovery and sharing - instead of bullsh*t pulpits, politics and cliques. Eventually this place would evolve as lively and orderly as "that other popular site" w chat app and a secondary r.column live feed aggregated from sitewide commentary. Which spurred conversational minutia about movie and shows in real time. When ppl had a live feed to share the 99 thots they're shouting at a screen during GOT [or whatever] with other devotees... thats an exciting and worthwhile bonding experience. I miss that feature most and think it would serve well here.

Meanwhile, make chatbox and forum Invisible to unregistered public - viewable only for logged in registered users. Mostly helps with logout lookey-loo's - while hooking curious new signups (that aren't pre freaked with mob style chat and forum.)

Tweak and elevate 2moo's chatroom by clearing system output file of gross comments and dedicate a human mod. ...
Read more

+6

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) I suggested only registered users being able to view chat and forum months ago - for the very same reason! At the time I was told "nope" lol.

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I would like both.

+5

God
Report comment
(4y)

I don't feel debates about politics can be moderated without strict rules that apply to just that forum. I don't think that that section should necessarily have Site Moderators, but fully dedicated News Moderators only.

From what I've seen, members do want debate, but end up arguing because there are no guidelines.

I would like to see the News section ("News added by users") in the the right hand of the screen changed to just a clickable link that says "NEWS". No one will need to hide the news because the news is something you go to intentionally.

I feel there should be strict rules for the rest of the site that the news and subsequent debates stay in that section, and are prohibited from being discussed on the rest of the site. The idea behind that is that there is a fully dedicated section for it and the rest of the site is more film, fun, amusement and even cooking and pet related.

I would like to see more film, book and series related information, and even discussions on where ideas for films and series come from, their possible motivation, etc.
Read more

+8

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ 100% yes RB, well framed:
"...News section... in the the right hand of the screen changed to just a clickable link that says "NEWS". No one will need to hide the news because... you go to intentionally.

... strict rules for the rest of the site that the news [debates etc] stay in deignated section [ STRICTLY] prohibited from being discussed [elsewhere]."

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ I would fully support those ideas.

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

Maybe a book club or book of the month discussion section. They could be books that have been made into movies also so you could discuss the differences and what not.

+7

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks Cool idea. I love to hear about books. I'm an avid reader.smiley

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@ OLD BOOKS?NEW BOOKS?aNY CONTROVERSIAL BOOKS?Any limits on "how controversial"?politics,sex, ect.Invitations to publishers and agents to ask us for our memoirs??hee hee.I just would love to dish the dirt!!--which is why i'd like to memoir,and just TELL EVERYTHING on everyone!!not vindictively, just to "out us all"!hah hah--society has it coming!!hee hee

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks What a very good idea.

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks Awesome idea.
I am for team 100% Entertainment Only. A book club would simply expand on that. I love to hear from people who have read the book/graphic novel discussing the differences and similarities and how their interpretation of the written material differed from the director's or screenwriter's interpretation. The more I think about it the more I really think this is a fantastic idea.

+5

Report comment
(4y)

@AriadneN (Has anyone ever read the book from which the movie"Empire of the Sun"was made?Little seen Spielberg.--anyone who's read the book,please tell us about it!!)

"Graphic novel"?Comic books?Old or new?both?hah hah

Report comment
(4y)
+5

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Cool thank you

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Thanks, Doc! smiley

+1

guru
Report comment
(4y)

It would seem to be a good idea to segregate the news, political and religious banter to a separated part of the site that has to intentionally be clicked to arrive there. Also only allowing registered site members to read or comment there would seem like a good idea and put a stop to people logging out to see what members they have blocked are saying, then logging back in.

As far as moderation of an area like that I'd say no moderation at all unless a member logs a written complaint. By and large topics like these can generate some staunch disagreements and anyone too timid to take the heat oughta just stay outta the kitchen.

However I do wish people would keep things civil, as most would, though some wouldn't and might require reminding of a need for overall civility from time to time.

+6

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 One web site for movies, another for news? Good idea and I suggested this earlier. The problem with sharing accounts between these sites.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil Saw that mention but I was just suggesting a separated area, kinda like we already have but requiring a site membership to enter the area, no guest browsing, yakno?.

Easy to see there's a lot here who enjoy the forum movies, series discussions and games but not news, political or religious discussions so totally separating these areas would seem likely to keep everyone happy.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Hmm, I guess it would basically mean having 2 differentiated forum areas.

Maybe one headed as "Movies, Tv Series, Site News" and another forum area as "Posted News Links, Politics, Religion".

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 wow, that could be some site.Very interesting.

Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil It's a perfect idea, especially if there is a clickable link on this site for the News that leads to the other site.

smiley

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 Good idea, reward for improved or BETTER BEHAVIOR for anyone who trolls too much.Reward them for improved writing.

master
Report comment
(4y)

If the TOS needs to be dusted off and powered up... maybe volunteer(s) could offer to do some field work and submit suggestions for admin consideration?

+1

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@(⌐■_■) That's already happening/happened.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ Well, when a decision is made, tell me what you need and I will make it happen.

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

So have safe spaces so no leftist atheist is ever offended while they of course have carte blanche.

Here's a thought:eliminate the 15 worst trolls who hate new people. Problems solved and you start growing again.

Hide 10 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare But where would you hang out then?

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale All will be settled if my name is in moob.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare I'm sure the editor and chief is quaking in his virtual-boots. I know I am.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale No, the admin will be responsible.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare Is that you threatening 'legal' action against the site?

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Oh it won't be me. Much higher. You folks are messing with powerful people. You are risking them, not me. It will be beyond my control.

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare And you wonder why people don't like you.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Nope, I don't wonder.

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Nobody’s wondering anymore sugar. Just ‘waiting’. 0.0

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@AnhedoniaNightmare (does the Troll ever get a new chance,to come back,to calm down their writing?--we could try very repenant people-haters, who want another chance,and have verbal limits on what they can say.(I believe in rehab.)

master
Report comment
(4y)

i'll be where the news is.or movies or trailers--now i have to choose.---sh*t.

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 No, it'll just be another site that is conjoined to this one.

Choice, yes (a good thing), but you cannot do both simultaneously.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ Doh! Wish I was smart enough to think of things that clearly.

Is there a way to do that (clicking into a separate forum site from here) that would also require a site membership to enter there?

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@mrkim56 I don't see that as happening.

Maybe if they aren't a member of Two-Movies, yes, but I actually don't know everything that Doc is considering.

Great question. smiley

+3

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

how about the group chat page ( like i suggested already ) but rather than users complaining to mods about she said or he said crap , the users who use the chat without any drama get to ban any user that is moaning or b**ching or arguing for an hour or so , then a mod or Evil can decide to lift the ban or keep the ban in place like how its done on chat box ? or something along they lines

Hide 16 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@chaseyerself It's an excellent idea which will require active moderation.

(Which is why the TOS was updated recently.)

No arguing with moderation or moderators or conveying anything done with moderation anymore on threads. There is a formal complaint procedure that will be enforced.

It started when the TOS was updated, and was posted in the forum.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ yea but as its known on chat box before a mod steps in a lot of times thrs arguing that goes to far , so i dont maybe the users ie myself and the users that get along on chat can ban a user for like an hour or until a mod can step in and reads the reason for the short ban and then they get to decide to keep the ban for the hour or more or even decide its not worth an hour ban , if that makes sense?

Report comment
(4y)

@chaseyerself I understand.

Chat is very difficult to moderate.

People who aren't even on chat during the time the offense occurs often step in afterwards to have an opinion.

The new TOS does not allow for that on the forum or chat part of the site.

PMs and the like, are the only method to discuss a suspension or ban.

If the member is argumentative, it will not be tolerated, any longer.

Does that help at all?

Reference:

www5.two-movies. name/tos/

What has been added:

Discussing Moderator/Admin actions (deleting/moving/editing threads or posts) is not allowed in the public. Any particular issues will only be dealt with in Private Messages sent to a Moderator/Admin. All complaints should be sent via PM to Moderators/Admins or via the site's contact form.

The decisions of Administrators & Moderators are final. Arguing against our decisions will coincide with our TOS, since our decisions are based upon the simple 'common-sense' rules outlined so far. ...
Read more

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ yea it does and you are right that does happen with users stepping in without reading the start of the arguing which is my reason for saying to stop it getting to others stepping in if for example i had words with you ( not as mod as a user ) i can ban you or you can ban me for an hour or until a mod gets to see whats been said they decide to keep or remove the ban and it stops anyother users stepping in and it going for one issue to a full chat issue

Report comment
(4y)

@chaseyerself I think that may be too risky.

I think that perhaps having members send messages (PMs) to the moderators who are assigned to chat to deal with the issues would be more expedient.

There are no mods specifically assigned to chat, at this time.

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@ thats kinda what iam meaning , rather than users pm a mod or Evil every 2 mins a chat user gets to maybe not ban for an hour perhaps block them from it , which could notify any mod online at that time to make them aware of it and whether it be 2mins after or 20 mins after that mod whos available can then make the decision on what to do next ? it would save alot of PM moaning she said this or he said that and would stop anyone else getting involved and making things worse for the chat user and the mod gets less a headache and less researching to see the whole drama that was started ! does that make sense about what iam trying to say?

Report comment
(4y)

@chaseyerself I think I understand a wee bit more clearly now.

You want to avoid all the drama, essentially, and make it better for members, mods and admin in trying to moderate the chat.

What you are suggesting has the temporary effect of essentially muting troublesome situations until a mod or admin can evaluate the situation. Is that right?

I think this is something very interesting to consider.

Thank you

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ yes that's exactly what I mean 👍. (sorry I am thee worse person ever for explaining things )

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@chaseyerself If I may, that proposal would be an invitation to abuse and monopolise the chat box. And the chat box does not entertain one discussion at a time but more often than not, two and three and four, with different members participating in each discussion. Banning one of the members who happened to make a comment that you may find insulting, will deprive the other members of their entire discussions. Not to even mention that the other members may retaliate by banning you just because they found your action insulting to them. As you can understand this can go on and on, without end.

+6

Report comment
(4y)

@JudgeDredd Definitely very valid points.

Thank you for your clarity.

Merely stating an "agree" or "disagree" is a muddled way of communicating and is ambiguous at best.

Hence why I asked another member "agree with what/disagree with what"... but was never replied to with any clarification.

Thank you for clarifying your feelings and observations.

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

News/Politics is on one site.

Movies/Social on the other.

Chat with "Conservatives" and/or "Liberals" will be ONLY for the News/Politics site, not the Movies/Social site.

Making those distinctions will no longer be necessary because the Two-Movies part of Two-Movies will not be for any political discussion whatsoever since there is a completely different site fully dedicated to it.

+5

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@ Works for me. I just want people to stop running to the report button, unless it is serious like the one I saw the other day. Unbelievable awful name calling hurtful person.It would be good if once you logged in, you could be on both without logging in each one.

+3

@ So I'm guessing religious threads will still be allowed in the forum? People(s) ramble endlessly in there as well as argue as I'm sure you are aware.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 I think religion, politics anything UNIVERSALLY controversial will be put on the other site.

+6

@ YES!!! What a damned relief that is 👍 If people want to be enlightened spiritually they can do it elsewhere. Looks like bible camp here in the recent month. smiley

+7

Report comment
(4y)

@ good idea!!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ I love this idea. Hopefully it will bring a little peace to the site smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

Well of course, I have to add my two cents. I like this website, obviously I have been here a long time. I was tickled hot pink when we started adding news. This is my first stop every morning. I love the range of news from country to country. I like hearing others interpretations. I don't even report others, I think I have maybe blocked one or two in all these years. You will never get people to agree no matter how much you expand the site. I would maybe put out there that If you go into the news. It will not be moderated.Remove report button all together on news. Why risk your mods for some troll that just likes to report people and cause grief. I hear unfair biased mods all the time yet I have never seen it.I'm not here all day everyday admittedly could have missed something. The way I see it the news is already separate. You can go there or not. I love the book club idea, glad that got added. Maybe a side page where people write half book on posts could go. How about personal blog spots. ...
Read more

Hide 6 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 Excellent statement.

Thank you.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ Thank you for reading it with an open mind.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 I honestly want all members to be HAPPY here.

I don't have a "side".

I appreciate your feedback and am greatly looking forward to hearing how you've personally (9 years on this site!!) seen the site change.

Amazing to me.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ I haven't forgotten.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ I agree, i want people here to be happy too.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 yes,i like news in the morn,and chat about it,too.(Or is there any possibility when trolls act out too much,it is removed,the script?I think it discourages them from venting--or at least sets a standard.)They can have outlet writing, (whew!!I hadda say that!!)--but it won't swirl in our faces so much.--So both sides win.

+1

God
Report comment
(4y)

Ongoing Texas hold 'em game. Continuous. 24/7 Points to play, points for winning.

+2

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe --fun!! i finally learn to play it right, hah!!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe I'd kick your hinney lol. I love that game.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 LOL! I'd like to see you try. I play in my sleep!

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe Card games. I like that idea. Maybe Euchre too...

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@rickgrimesrocks I'm an addict...I'll play anything. Love Hearts.

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@bondojoe That would sound like a whole lotta fun for us outta townies.

Would be even possible?

No fire arms nor liquor nor swearing at the table in front of the ladies!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. I don't know if it's possible. you'd have to talk to a tech guy, or Dr Evil. But it would keep a lot of players logged in, and probably bring more here.

+2

senior guru
Report comment
(4y)

I was wondering how people felt about the forum reply branches. It can be so difficult to follow some threads when replies are all over the place. Although, it works really well in the game threads.

It would be great to be able to directly quote someone by using a [qoute] BBCode.

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

In lue of what I just read above, would a combined website have a higher chance of getting legally thrown off the Web?or sued??--copy-rights-ect.?? smiley I hope not. smiley

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@clarachan1355 It would bring more attention, so I think it is possible.

admin
Report comment
(4y)

Separation is good, but news site will look like reddit in future but with own features. What to do with user accounts? Separate accounts or same accounts for both sites? But when a new user creates an account on news site, it doesn't mean the user wants an account on Twomovies and vice versa.

+3

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil I think the one account for both is perfect and will make it more attractive.

There could be selection boxes of what each member who registers ticks to indicate their preferences.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@ I like that idea a lot!

+2

master
Report comment
(4y)

Whatever is decided,
I'm not going anywhere unless asked too!

+1

Hide 9 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 After 9 years, and still active on the site, members like yourself should get a gold star standard on their account! smiley

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@ Some are seeing me for the first time,they have no idea I have been here that long. I am no longer a secret lol. Just a master here. I should be supreme council or something but some days I am just not chatty.

+2

@fortunate1 Being "not chatty" can be a good thing. Expressing your views sometimes gets (myself) into a whole lot of (scalding) hot water.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@𝓜𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮*🐭 I hear you, Some days people hate me on site just for my moniker.

+4

Report comment
(4y)

@fortunate1 Most days people hate me just for being me lol :)

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale Don't worry the small stuff. It's just people in generals dislike for themselves I believe. I think you are very nice.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale tzs ts ts those small brains.
they must have missed something

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Adrian∞ I know right? I'm awesome! lol

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale your famous raging narcissism is just UNIQUE! ENOUGH now with whispering sweet nothings, LOL

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

Hello altogether
I am quite new on this site but already love it. I used to be on Solar movies for years but after they were shut down i never found a succesor that was as full of enthusiasts as Solar used to be. Till now.
I would like to make the following suggestion:
Why not providing a platform here for movies/videoclips that were produced by members?
That might range from lil funnies to semiprofessional clips or even professional movies.
i produce quite a lot of clips (mainly animation of technical processes and economic data, but also cartoons, adverts etc.)and i find it hard to do "testruns" with audience. This site would have the advantage to have many,many "trained eyes" for feedback, for suggestions and reviews/criticism. I know quite a few young filmmakers and students that face the very same problem (Baden-Württemberg movie academy,i am a sustaining member)
Youtube ,vimeo and other usual suspects cant provide this, just too much rubbish.
here is link to a 90 sec. project clip done by students of said academy.(ITS NOT authorized by Daimler-Benz). I love it but the test run was done basically with the makers families.
Read more

+5

Hide 7 replies...
Report comment
(4y)

@Adrian∞ There's a place here where you can post videos like that and they show up on the homescreen.
Just tap Add Video

And it will take you here
dosmovies.com/video/submit....

+3

Report comment
(4y)

@delamitri Thanks delamitri
well i was aware that there is the possibility of uploading own videos to your profile.
So your videos stand alone and will only be watched by visitors(as far as i understand it)
I was rather thinking of something like a "filmmakers corner" where many different clips of different origin are available and open to discussion. This probably would require some preselection like sorting out my moms last birthday video, but i think it would attract a new group to the site

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@Adrian∞ That was very unexpected!

I had to read the comments to fully understand the true meaning of the message at the end.

Left me with a mixture of shock, surprise and a smirk!

Well done all involved.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@..box.. Thank you, box!
I will pass on the compliment

+1

Report comment
(4y)

@Adrian∞ I LOVED the clip you posted! Made me laugh out loud!

I think an 'original content' section in the forum would be a great addition. People could post short stories, poems, artwork, links to original shorts/student productions, etc.

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale "original content" is a great title! and why not stories, graphics poems etc. Basically a platform for all creatives. And i think there are MANY here. Lets tickle them out of their nutshell!

+2

Report comment
(4y)

@DemandingFemale I would like to see some. Users may post this content in Offtopic section.

+3

top expert
Report comment
(4y)

Curious as to the end goal here? More page views pays you Doc? Never seen an ad here so, I've just assumed you're altruistic about it. lol

On a serious note, I should say, for the most part, I don't mind the headlines being in the same spot as new episodes or new movies. Pretty sure that's helpful to folks that might have missed something during the day. Sans the Alex Jones conspiracy BS items, no harm, no foul.

As for the forum, yeah, it's gonna get heated once in a while. That's going to happen anywhere you put it. 7 billion potential people are never going to agree on the same thing. However again, moving it would be a pointless exercise. Dummies would still find it and, then you're just spreading your task load for no reason.

+1

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@PsychoDeeDee Take your adblocker off, and you'll see ads. lol

It's expansion and betterment of the site.

Doc is interested in having member-feedback in his decisions.

It's not that he's going to do what any one person suggests, it's in the interests of creating a site that is user supported on the creative side.

As with all things, there's lots of adjustments and modifications that will always be being made.

+3

master
Report comment
(4y)

i have a technical suggestion. It would be great to have a "binge button" with the series, so it automatically plays all episodes of one season -one after another. Bingers wouldnt have to manually click to next episode any more. THANKS!

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Adrian∞ Impossible. You see videos by visiting links, we don't control links.

+4

master
Report comment
(4y)

@Dr.Evil
Au Contraire Mon Capitan! It shouldnt be too hard to link let`s say all links of a series season of one streamer like openload in a coded loop. it actually is available on some sites like this.

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(4y)

@Adrian∞ The problem with video host, if the video doesn't get click it will get remove from 2 weeks to 30 days, depend on the host. And linkers use more then one video hosts so it is hard to make a auto play.

+1

master
Report comment
(4y)

Anyway we could get a trailers tab for TV shows added? I always have to go over to IMDB to watch trailers for the TV shows and it would be so much easier if they were on here just like they are for movies. Thank you.

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,383 reviews • 122,276 films • 18,454 TV series