This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,954 reviews
122,510 films • 18,490 TV series

Off The Bookshelf - The Eiger Sanction byTrevanian. (140 views, 7 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior master
Report comment
(1y)
+2

senior master
Report comment
(1y)

Probably more famous in the adapted format ...

Available for viewing - dosmovies.com/film/The_Eiger_San...

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(1y)

@..box.. That was a good movie, particularly with the technology of the time. Big cameras, no drones, no CGI, real stunts. Clint Eastwood did a lot of his own stunts in those days.
Must watch it again.

+3

Report comment
(1y)

@Buttless Brings me back to Film Night in secondary school. Haven't seen it since then so a return visit is long overdue.

+2

guru
Report comment
(1y)

A great book and a good movie. The movie stayed pretty true to the book. A few changes like the dog but who doesn't like dogs? I was 15 when this movie came out and I have to say that one brief scene when he is in training with the climber girl made a big impression on me, and because of the two books and the movie I searched for years for a lighthouse I could afford to buy, never did.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)

@Wander Enjoyed the movie again last night after many, many years. Clint on top form (as Clint) with a great supporting cast.

+1

guru
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

I just found out about Trevanian as the whole backstory to a certain new speedy action flick is based upon one of his books. I would not have had a clue if I had not paused to see the title of the book a certain character was reading. When I looked it up, turns out, the book is the whole back story to the film's story. Pleasantly surprised at the eater egg! This is why I always look at book titles in movies. The very same thing happened in Call Jane, which I am watching right now. The book isn't a back story, but a great insight into the times (late 60s).

Back to the point, it sounds like Trevanian keeps a cult following to this day. One person even wrote a sequel to the book I reference above!

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(1y)
(edited)

@alicefell Thanks for that.

If you could provide any book titles, I would be delighted to investigate their availability.

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,954 reviews • 122,510 films • 18,490 TV series