This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,845 reviews
122,457 films • 18,487 TV series

Masters of the Air (1-26-2024) (121 views, 3 replies)

Report comment
(3mo)
(edited)

An Apple Original Series from Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, and Gary Goetzman - the producers of Band of Brothers and The Pacific. During World War II, airmen risk their lives with the 100th Bomb Group, a brotherhood forged by courage, loss, and triumph.

www.imdb.com/title/tt2640044/

+5

senior master
Report comment
(3mo)

It reminded me "12 O'clock High " I'd watch as a kid.
I even had the puzzle. I remember it well. A movie and series.
www.youtube.com/results?search_q...

+2

Report comment
(3mo)

Cant wait to see it! I saw 12 O'clock High back in the 90's, and loved Band of Brothers too. Thanks Bread!

+2

guru
Report comment
(3mo)

One thing that made Band of Brothers excellent was the narration with maps giving the viewer some background information on where the troops were and why and the animated maps that let the viewer see where the action is taking place or where, for example, the Axis were holding the front, etc.

Even more interesting and historically important were the interviews with the real veterans whom the characters were based on. Those interviews were precious. As the years go by, it is more and more difficult to find these veterans who are alive and capable of being interviewed, if the so choose to.

When The Pacific came out, all the niceties were in the first episode and if i remember correctly, were there for say, the first half of the 2nd episode and they disappeared all together. Like a big tease and then a let down. In my opinion, these omissions left the Pacific a less interesting watch and compared to BoB, it needed the help!

I have seen the first 2 episodes of Masters... and I am reserving my opinions until the end of the series. ...
Read more

+2

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,845 reviews • 122,457 films • 18,487 TV series