This site exists on your donations. Donate here
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

351,278 users • 208,742 reviews
122,406 films • 18,479 TV series

I was wondering ,how many times a day do people eat all around the world ? (953 views, 20 replies)

This topic has been closed.

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I was thinking how many times a person eat a meal per day. I know I sometimes eat 1 or 2 times a day .I wanted to how many times do you eat a meal per day ?

+2

Hide 2 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy Truthfully, I don't pay attention to how many meals per day lol I just eat what I want, when I want.

+3

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy (But i eat when i get too hungry too.)

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

6 or 7. I eat small meals. Mainly fruit and veg. My bigger meal is at night with jammies on and nowhere to go... though that sometimes proves a downfall if I've no time for jammies and then I loose a lot of weight. LOL

+3

master
Report comment
(5y)

Usually breakfast around 10 am . Dinner is about 4pm if I am by myself then a light snack about 7.

+2

top expert
Report comment
(5y)

breakfast lunch and dinners for beginners....

+3

God
Report comment
(5y)

My routine changes with my chaotic sleep patterns, but like to eat a few hours after i wake up, after i have drank something hot first, then on to foods yeah around 3-4 for me depending on weather and occupied time distractions. <br> Once in a while when on the "usual" routine others define, i tend to aim for about stop eating at 8ishpm, allows some time for food to digest properly before sleep, also same with out of routine sleep patterns, just at different times, sometimes though its not the amounts, rather what those amounts contain...sometimes, cals and all that.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

Actually, calories don't know how to tell time. Your stomach works 24 hours a day whether you are sleeping, awake, sitting, or exercising. <br> <br> The reason it is recommended not to eat after 8pm is because by that time you have usually consumed all the calories required for the day. :) <br> <br> I'm like, EUNOIA, I eat whenever I want and whatever I want. That can sometimes amount to 0 times a day or as many as 10 times a day. lol

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@michael59 Yes very nicely said, also i think some aim for that 8ish time for that melatonin tonic during sleep, but comfortable eye coverings and nice dark rooms can make up for that, unless thats to do with natural lights and such entering the retina.

master
Report comment
(5y)

Morning,coffee is necessary--and I brew it,drip,machines don't do a good enough job.I mix Espresso with Folgers or MJB drip.I grind my espresso.--with low fat milk onna side.Sugar is Splenda.ALL my sugar is Splenda. <br> <br> I was a complete "old diet" Weight Watcher for years,still kinda follow it.Even more strict if I've gained weight.I was a "semi-vegetarian"for years(it means, you schew towards vegies fruit, just eat less meat,lots less.)Big on fruit.Summer,a big fruit trip!We just went to a small local farm,cuz word was,"great fruits,vegies!"It was not cheap,all food here is now costly. <br> <br> --but I'm 71, why not? I'll be gone eventually, so I'm eating now.I used to cook a lot,not good for only one person.HUGE POPCORN SATURDAY NIGHT--with melted "coconut butter & extra virgin-olive oil" and Kosher salt(coarse.)Kosher salt is delicious and i've always been a salt freak.No, it does not hurt yer health.The olive oil is good for you too.--tastes good. <br> <br> I loved to bake, not as much.Muffins, cupcakes, once in a while I bake.I love real bagels, but I had to quit,loved em too much.As you can tell,I methodically watched everything I ate.--still do.I love yogurt and raisins.As you get old,your body doesn't need as much fuel.--so I eat somewhat less food. <br> <br> I got a 3-cheese Greek pizza for my birthday, local town pizzeria, yummy.DAIRY FREAK TOO, its Swiss-German thing.All the Swiss who came to America, went to the midwest,and made dairy farms.I LOVE CHEESE--my favorite is Limburger, but you can't buy it hardly--too smelly to transport.HONEY but in small amts.Sugar's problematic so I try to use Splenda even for baking."FOOD is good for you, so either learn to cook well, or marry a good cook." smiley .

Hide 3 replies...
Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I'm 47 and I don't eat 3 meals a day ,sometimes only one meal a day .I try to eat healthly ,but my health makes me so tired ,I don't feel like eating at all.I do love my coffee in the morning ,so that's my breakfast.

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@gregsohappy You should try to eat every 3-4 hours, Greg. <br> <br> It does not have to be lots it can be a piece of fruit and maybe some nuts. I microwave a potato and that fills me for 3- 4 hours. <br> <br> It will help keep your strength and energy up. If I eat to heavy a meal or even two sandwiches instead of one, all I want to do is take a nap afterwards. lol

+1

Report comment
(5y)

@clarachan1355 I used to drink plenty of coffee but was drinking too much of it, as the caffine later in the day can have effects after long usage, definitely better to make your own, don't have time for one of those to work out, so use rarely the Clipper organic coffee's, they are quite expensive though, mostly why they are a rare treat:) <br> <br> Only diet i ever tried was that Kelloggs fad that went around, bowl in the mornings, filling dinner, and a bowl for the last meal, no sugar and fruit inbetween for snacks...but back then it was crisps more than fruits. <br> I lost a stone and a half in under two weeks, not so great that fast of weight loss, but thankfully i was left alone health-wise during that fast loss, calm exersise also helped too, now i am over 30, i have already noticed, the body is now slower to loose weight as fast so before i gain more wisdom and reach into older-ness, i hope i have eaten well to be still sound of mind, your age is around my Nans, so like her your youth generation was lots better with food and homemaking the foods. ...
Read more

+1

master

Pomegranate Juice with Oatmeal or Muesli for breakfast after that i don't drink anything but water. Usually something with plenty of salad like a whole grain sandwich or even just a ceasar salad on it own depending on how hungry i am as it varies each day. I also like to carry dried fruit with me in these little tubs for that quick snack or these protein bars i have got a craving for lol, for an evening meal i love fish so anything with fish in it or something on the lines of a pasta dish. Tagliatelle is my favourite. and i make most of the food i eat myself. I won't touch tea or coffee or even those energy drinks so i would say 2 meals and then snacks between is enough for me. smiley

+1

God
Report comment
(5y)

Small meals or snacks throughout the day. If you try to starve yourself and eat one meal you will be so hungry you will overeat. smiley

+2

Report comment
(5y)

It's probably not orthodox, but given my work schedule, I eat once a day, around 11am. But I make that one meal the tastiest, biggest, most mouth-watering big ass meal I can. I usually burn the calories at work anyway and then do it again the next day lol.

+2

Hide 1 reply...
Report comment
(5y)

@Spriggan (the best line i ever heard was"Eat foods that hum to you.")

master
Report comment
(5y)

You're supposed to eat small all day. SO I try to, but fail to, lol... I get one eating disorder so it doesn't help... But usually, at least three meals a day. But usually about two meals. Lunch and dinner, with snacking here & there. I mostly eat nighttime. I'm like a vampire, getting most my appetite once the sun goes down and the moon is shining, heh.. smiley smiley

+1

master
Report comment
(5y)

I tend to forget to eat small in between main meals. My breakfast is a small glass of fresh squeeze OJ, coffee and two digestive cookies; then around 2PM we have lunch - big meal, main dish and salad; we follow a mediterranean diet usually and my husband is the one that cooks-- about 30 minutes after lunch I have another cup of coffee with milk and around 8 or 9PM some yogurt or sandwich. Sometimes when we have friends over for dinner -we do that quite often-- we eat more at night. When I am at work my lunch is smaller, a sandwich and a salad and I drink more coffee. I try to eat a salad everyday because I really like it. smiley

+3

Hide 1 reply...

@matesaca Yes i agree Salad is awesome i always try to eat it daily too, my meals are small to other but to me they are large and i can feel somewhat bloated at times, i think i just have a tiny stomach but yet my doctors im normal, i think i need a 2nd opinion. lol, im not a lover of Coffee though it dries your muscles out and i need them for all the fitness crap i do.

+1

senior guru
Report comment
(5y)

I like to graze dont go for big portions unless I treat myself to a t-bone steak with truffle mash and veg so about 3/4 a day

+1

This topic has been closed.

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 351,278 users who love movies and TV shows!

208,742 reviews • 122,406 films • 18,479 TV series